After much deliberation and some savings I'm going to do it and have picked the Dr!

It's been a while until I've been back. Thank you all again as I've been reading posts and this knowledge transfer has been amazing. So something came up in my schedule and I've gotten some free time and decided to finally pull the trigger and go ahead. I've consulted a few surgeons in the past, but after reading and also with my current travel preparations I believe Dr. Madhu Pathuri will be my best choice. I'm currently finalizing the details, verifying they have a slot the one week I am free, asking follow-up questions, and figuring out how to pay them as I don't want to be carrying a duffle bag full of rupees especially since I haven't been to India before. I still have a few follow-up questions for them:

1) I sent updated pictures to them and am awaiting a consultation on grafts (previously a year and a half ago they recommended at least 2500 grafts and most doctors did), I uploaded them to this site in my album

2) Also I have to pay extra as I DON'T WANT PPL TO KNOW I HAD THE SURGERY, so I plan to pay extra to not shave my head and also for absorbable sutures

3) I believe they provide accommodation so I am finalizing how much time I need to be in India so I can book my ticket for the appropriate amount of time

4) Payment info, they don't take credit card so i am very nervous about how to pay them promptly and properly but also to make sure I am not walking around India with a sack full of rupees as I haven't been to India before.

If any of you have any experiences or advice on the right questions to ask or advice in general please let me know. I will definitely be trying to keep you all posted on my experience and progress!

I do have one question, as I have received mixed opinions as if you see my pictures I have a receding hairline in the front, but also on the front sides I am thinning. I have received opinions on if they should graft into the sides, in terms of practicality and also in terms of aesthetic appeal.

Edited by Vinny1980

I definately would do your temple points too. I will improve the looks of you proceedure.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

2) Also I have to pay extra as I DON'T WANT PPL TO KNOW I HAD THE SURGERY, so I plan to pay extra to not shave my head and also for absorbable sutures

Can someone please explain this to me. According to all my research of top HT surgeons in the US, no doctor recommends working on an area that isn't shaved down, which is what is making it so hard for me to find a suitable date for surgery.

Vinny, best of luck with your surgery. Keep us updated....

Lsorvats, there are docs that will not require you to shave, especially if you don't go over a certain number of grafts. Shapiro for instance doesn't require it unless it's over 3k I think. If you do a search on here you will find a list of docs that don't require it--this has been a popular topic in the past.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Vinny -- Congratulations on your decision to go ahead, it will be worth it.

Also, I am assuming you have a significant cost advantage here. A lot of extra headaches to worry about when you are overseas, especially India (I have been to Hyderabdad). Otherwise there are several excellent surgeons out here in the US who will keep your transplant concealed as several others have mentioned. I actually know of 2 other Indian acquaintences who have traveled to US to get HT work done (the relatively weaker dollar helps as well)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Vinny1980 :) How are you? I am a junior member of this network. I have been suffering hairloss for the last 5-6 years. I have also a plan to undergo a HT surgery in India and still searching for a suitable doctor. I was wondering if you could share your experiences undergone surgery by Dr. Madhu at Hyderabad. I have several questions:

1) How was the outcome of the surgery?

2) How was the professionalism at Dr. Madhu's Clinic? Good or bad?

3) Did you hold a medical or tourist visa to undergo surgery in India?

4) Can the clinic accept US dollar for the payment?

If it's ok with you, I would like to know your e-mail add, therefore I can ask further questions regarding Dr. Madhu. I appreciate for your feedback. Thank you.

Regards,

GS :)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. GoodResult I haven't actually gone yet. I will figure out how to blog my results. So far, I've just put a small deposit down to reserve the date and am figuring out a timeline (when I need to be there, when I am comfortable to leave as I would like one more day of rest before hopping on a plane).

Very nervous about going to India, but Dr. Madhu's recommendations on this site lead me to be confident that he will indeed give me a great result. I still have to figure out payment, like how to get that many rupees out of the bank, have someone guard me as I walk over there with a sack full of money haha, just kidding I know it won't be that scary. I will definitely keep you updated as I think this will be a good as I'm not Indian and haven't seen too many non-indian pictures on his site. I do have a question though on expectations of a hairline but I think that is a separate maybe I should post that here.

Every consultation the surgeon drew a line and I examined it but they asked me about my expectations. I would really appreciate if some of you experienced posters gave me some advice.

-I am 30 and have been losing hair since I was 20 (you can see my pics). I won't be having anything done on the crown area as it doesn't bother me much and feel that propecia and minoxidil will hopefully let me hold onto what i have left back there for hopefully 5-10 yrs. BUT I want to make sure I don't have to have another one done for hopefully 10 years, is that realistic? If asked should I ask for something more conservative? Meaning not pulling my hairline farther down towards the front of my face? Also if that is the case, what about the temple region? I'm sure the Dr. will know what to do, but just to understand if my expectations are realistic to a certain extent? Perhaps its the nerves talking but if I get this done and have to keep getting it done. In summary, what can I ask or do on my part prior to the surgery to help encourage this result?

I realize that each outcome is different and its tough to tell, but I just want to make sure I'm not spending a ridiculous amount of money and making secret CIA style trips abroad to have touch up work done. Once i get this done I'm not going to be able to go back.

Thank you all for your support and kind intelligent advice.

Edited by Vinny1980