Dr. Rahal, 2597 grafts in the crown. My 2nd HT - May 09 2011.

Thanks for the update el nino. Can you see the scar after getting a buzz cut? In some of your postop pictures, I noticed that the scar was visible. Also, I know this might sound like a dumb question but is necessary for the surgeon to shave off your hair preop?

Cheers guys.

fra03,

It has cost me about 11,000 pounds including everything. But the exchange rate was a lot better in Jan 2008.

businesspro,

I had some shock loss on the scar which is what you can see in some of the pics. This is quite common and returns when the scar has healed. I can get away with it buzzed to a 3 and might try a 2. The scar really doesn't bother me and I wouldn't care even if it was slightly visible cos the average person wouldn't notice it. Hence me buzzing it to a 3 at eight weeks post op with shock loss.

Dr. Rahal requires the recipient area to be shaved but not the whole head, that was personal choice.

Edited by El Nino

Wow it's looking well sharp nino. I'm made up for you pal!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 4 months later...

I know that crown is the black hole for grafts but Dr. Rahal really knew well how to cover it. You look great, start saying goodbye to hair transplants. You are all done and set. Congrats Nino.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I know that crown is the black hole for grafts but Dr. Rahal really knew well how to cover it. You look great, start saying goodbye to hair transplants. You are all done and set. Congrats Nino.

Thanks Hariri. I hope you are right but only time will tell. But if the rest of my hair has the same genetics as my elder brother (44yo) and father (70yo) who haven't suffered from MPB, then you might be correct.

Elnino

I'm sure you have it mentioned somewhere but did you have FUE or strip??

Both of my HTs were strip NHP.