Depends where you go but most good docs charge $4-6 per graft depending on the size of your procedure.

You could always go to Armaini and get the VIP teatment for $30/graft which is an absolute joke!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hasson and wong lower the price from 5 dollors a graft to 3 dollors a graft after 2000 grafts so it's a great price for a megasession when you take into account the quality of the work too. :D

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Yes but if you have hair typically with 1s or 2s grafts it's usually because your hair is quite corse and each hair strand is quite thick.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Yes but if you have hair typically with 1s or 2s grafts it's usually because your hair is quite corse and each hair strand is quite thick.

Hey,

I didnt know this which is quite good news for me as my grafts were mostly 1s & 2s with only few hundred as 3 or 4s i think cos my hair on top was really thin i ddint excpect Dr Hasson to tell me that my donor hair was above average, and when i see other peoples profiles who have alot of 3s and 4s i kinda thought this meant they had thicker hair

Yes that's the pattern, i found my hair strands are very corse and i only had 360 ish out of 5300 grafts that were more than 2 strand grafts they were mainly singles and doubles.

I suppose thats how nature fills your scalp with either lots of thin hairs or a less amount of corse hairs.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Guest jamesdweaver

I would really not recommend going to a doctor just because his services are "cheap". I've seen some doctors advertise their rates at $2 per graft, but more often than not, their services are horrible.

$4-$6 per graft is a reasonable price. Many doctors offer online consultation so you should get in touch with them and get an idea of the price before you commit to any treatment

Bonkerstonker / UKPatient - did you boys have to pay a deposit up front? I have seen a big name surgeon asking for a large deposit & if the patient cancels, then the deposit is lost.

$3-5 a graft is almost reasonable but 12% tax charged on top by the Canadian government is a lot!

Hi Dutch, yes with all surgery you have to pay a deposit up front because surgeons need to know you're gonna turn up, i imagine a lot of people get scared or wimp out just before surgery so i think it's only fair that you lose your deposit if you cancel leaving a clinic with a blank day to fill at the last minute. If there was a natural disaster on the day and you couldn't make it i'm sure they'd be fine with you they're not out to get your deposit money in fact i didn't even pay the bill untill i'd finished in surgery i could of just run off at the end ha ha ha.

The 12% tax is a absolute joke but that's canada for you it's a expensive country, it's nothing to do with the clinic it's the goverment. I noticed even the food was very expensive there but it truely is a beautiful country so it's worth it.

I might add Hasson and wong is extremely foreigner friendly i was reluctant to go over seas because it's a pain travelling but they put you up in the best hotel in the area and arrange it all for you all you have to do is just get your plane but they even help you pay for the flight. :cool:

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

The 12% tax is a absolute joke but that's canada for you it's a expensive country, it's nothing to do with the clinic it's the goverment. I noticed even the food was very expensive there but it truely is a beautiful country so it's worth it.

I dont like the tax. The difference between the VAT in Canada and everywhere else in the world is that in Canada the tax is not included. There is a referedum in June over the tax and the prediction is it will fall and go back to the 5% tax of the past. This tax was introducted after the provincial election right after the party promised before the election there are not going to be a tax change. This tax has caused the premier to resign and extreme anger amongst the majority. You can eat good for around $10-$15 or even cheaper depending on what you want. We have alot of location like sushi place and meat place that charge $20 for all you can eat.

Just like ever country if you dont know where to go you will find it expensive. Vancouver is no where never as expensive as the UK, and many other Europeon nations.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Trust me lorenzo canada is far more expensive than the uk to live but our petrol costs a lot more than yours so we win the rip off price there lol.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Trust me lorenzo canada is far more expensive than the uk to live but our petrol costs a lot more than yours so we win the rip off price there lol.

Not for long. I just paid 1.48 per litre for 91 octane (a necessity for me). That is about 5.61 per gallon! That is up about ten cents since you were here:(

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I have been to Europe 15 times and England 3 times and will disagree with you. I have been to Holland six times and find it very affortable and beautiful. Amsterdam is one of my favorite cities!

Not for long. I just paid 1.48 per litre for 91 octane (a necessity for me). That is about 5.61 per gallon! That is up about ten cents since you were here:(

Maybe you should sell your Maserati and buy a normal person car. Thanks to the Americans like you (wars) our price of gas has gone up.

Edited by lorenzo

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

I noticed it was 1.31 for normal petrol when i was there so octane must have gone up a lot in 2 weeks.

Joe you need to get your self a little 1 litre vauxhall like me and save the planet it's got nothing to do with the fact i can't afford a decent car ha ha.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Ok I exaggerated Joe doesnt have a Masterti but he does look like a million bucks driving his car with all his hair..:rolleyes:

Hopefully you're right & the 12% tax is reduced!!

It looks like it will be defeated. If it is it will still take time to change the tax system back to the old system. In Vancouver when people go out they are used to having a few cocktail. Just recently they changed the drinking and driving law down to .05 and the police can seize your car even if you had a drink. Now most people in Vancouver used to tip between 15-20% on service with the new tax people are tipping alot less. The drinking rules and the new tax has cause three pubs in my area to close down over the last 3 months.

Most Italians that I deal with are used to having a service charge on the bill, when they see the 12% tax they feel that is service/tip and dont tip nothing at the restaurant.

Edited by lorenzo
adding

That's what i love about england it is what it is, yes the 20% tax we pay on anything we buy is bad but it's included in the price that you see before you buy it we don't buy something and take it to the till and find a extra tax charge. Also it's great not tipping all our prices take into account the service and the people invoved to make or bring you what you need.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All

I am a 1st timer and new member.

Hopefully its not a Dirty word, but i am getting conflicting answers

regarding the coost of a transplant

Views welcomed please

TRhanks

Hi, I just joined the forum today and interested in cost too. I am from New York City and probably think the Doctors here will charge an arm and a leg compared to someone that is just as good in Minnesota.

For example, I am looking at Dr. Epstein and True and Dorin around here but do like Dr Shapiro who is in Minnesota.

I am already have appointments for a telephone consultation.

Does anyone know if the doctors offer a payment plan or you need to get a loan to pay for the surgery or should have it saved up first to do so.

I am an officer in the military but far from rich.

Most clinics do finance but most people who get a transplant can afford to pay straight away because it's a expensive game and once you start you can never go back due to scarring and the fact that you'll have a area of non dying hair on the top of your head that may become a strange island if your loss distends so you need to be able to have another session in the future if needs be.

Dr Feller in new york does good work and is reasonably priced for the standard of his work.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1