Captain Hair not sending me a system

DeeSin

Rather niavley back in November, i thought it would be better to order a system from a UK supplier as i'm from the UK, and chose Captain hair (or myhairdirect as they were then known), even though it wasn't that cheap i went with them. I paid ?400 for my system too!

However, i have heard nothing back from them. Emails go unanswered. In the 5 months i've been waiting i've one had email back from their owner Stuart in January, saying they had been over taken by Captain hair, and that my order would be dispatched soon. This despite his assurances when i placed the order that it would be dispatched within a month!

I am about to claim back on my credit card, but i think it's a disgrace. What's even worst is that he doesn't even reply back to my emails. What the hell is that about? And he does get my emails, because if i use another email address and pretend to be a new customer he'll happily answer.

Just warning you all. If he kept in contact, informed of the delay i'd be a little more patient, but damn not to even bother to reply!

• 1 month later...

I have also been waiting 6 months for 2 hair systems from Captain Hair which have been paid in full!

There is no contact number, just an email service. Sent numerous emails and had no response - appalling! (considering the owner Stuart is a wearer himself and claims to have complete understanding!)

The service he is offering is utterly disgusting!!

I would not recommend anyone use this company!

I have ordered with them and after a slow start I am assured that my products are on their way. I shall keep people informed when my products arrived

Edited by jfd1
Changes

Hello,

My name is Stuart from Captain Hair. We are genuinely very sorry to read these posts and wanted to firstly sincerely apologise for the problems you have experienced. We would also like to offer an explanation and a solution to help resolve these issues to ensure you receive your orders promptly and compensate you accordingly for the problems experienced.

Unfortunately we have been let down by our supplier who has failed to deliver orders in a timely manner, which has resulted in some of our customers being let down. For this we are truly very sorry.

We have now partnered with a new factory that is very reliable and can guarantee delivery within 4-6 weeks. However, our old supplier has retained customer order details (i,e, templates/samples) on file, making the transition to the new supplier difficult, which has subsequently caused further delays with delivery.

In line with our new business model, allowing our customers to order direct from our new factory in China, we have attempted to centralise our customer support team in China to achieve cost savings to enable us to be able to offer the lowest cost hair systems available in the UK. We also removed the phone lines to further facilitate this cost saving. However, regretfully this did not work due to the time difference in China causing email delays and the project has being plagued with technical IT difficulties. I do not mention these issues to offer them as an excuse, but I wanted to create an understanding that we are a genuine company that has unfortunately experienced genuine problems that we are working hard to rectify.

In light of this, as of Monday 9th May, we will be re-opening our UK phone lines and all email support with be UK based, so we will now be able to offer a much better service to our customers.

We are very keen to solve these problems outlined in this thread and ensure you receive your orders as promptly as possible. Please do email us via the contact page on our website and let us know your details so we can prioritise these cases and compensate you accordingly and offer you a complimentary hair system. Alternatively please send me a private message via this forum with your details.

Once again, we do genuinely apologise that we have let you down and please know that we are working hard to resolve these issues.

Kind regards,

Stuart

captain hair complaints:-I have also ordered from captain hair. I paid the extra ?50 for a 4 week delivery, I am still waiting 16 weeks later. Stuart has made himself inaccessable, no contact via phone, no replies to e-mails. His customer service is disgusting. We have found forums going back to 2005 with the same complaints, if I had seen these previously I would never have ordered from this rip off company. I do not believe anything Stuart says or posts on these forums as I have heard it all before. So if you dont mind constant chasing of products and being left without a unit then do use him otherwise I suggest you use one of the more reliable companies out there.

I ordered a hair system from Captain Hair a little over a year ago, paid the 50 quid extra for 4 week delivery, it took over 12 weeks. I was annoyed but the hair system was of good quality so i never pursued it. Since then I have been ordering my hair accessories, solvents, adhesives tapes etc. Recently I ordered several items, they failed to show up. I complained, was assured they would be sent out immediately. They were. They turned up in a standard Envelope!! As a result the contents split in the postvan, several products were ruined and the our local postman whom i know very well was privvy to the contents. so much for discretionary service. Not only that but i ordered and paid for a 125 ml bottle of adhesive and was sent out a 15 ml bottle. This was 2 months ago. Since then every email has gone unanswered and no replacement of items have been sent out. This company in my opinion is rogue. Avoid at all costs!

joined this forum after searching for Captain Hair problems. As we all know, losing ones hair is traumatic and so is finding the right hair piece supplier, without added complications. I have worn hair pieces of different types for over 40 years and an still looking for the perfect hair piece! About 4 years ago I came across My Hair Direct - run by a chap called Stuart. As reported in other topics, he seemed very good and I had a number of pieces from MHD - always supplied on time and good colour and styling. However, about two years ago things started to go wrong with slow deliveries and poor contact. In early 2010 a piece ordered failed to arrive and because the replacement was critical and I felt someting was wrong, I luckily found a backup supplier from whom I also ordered in the US. The US piece arrived and the consultant was very good, even calling me a couple of times to make sure we were getting it right.

When the US piece arrived it was slightly the wrong colour, but with a little hair dye it turned out fine and the lace front was very good. In the meantime I pursued the ever more elusive Stuart who was by now failing to answer both telephone calls and Emails, although I had paid in full full for the system. A convoluted message was put on his answer service saying they were having problems with their communication services - it all sounded very suspicious!

Eventually, I sent an Email telling him unless I heard from him within 24 hours I would get in touch with his local Trading Standards office. He came back to me immediately with all sorts of excuses + saying he was re branding his business and all the problems would be solved and he was very sorry for my trouble - he could not understand how my Emails had not reached him! My new piece then arrived within two weeks and I must say was very good quality. I started wearing it in September last year and by February this year it was in need of replacement. I then found MHD had changed its name to Captain Hair, but I actually managed to get through to Stuart who said they now had a new manufacturer in China and all was OK. He gave me a quotation of GBP321 and suggested I pay the money into his company bank account at once in order to start to process the order. However, he said he needed a new hair sample as the previous supplier had kept all the samples and would not make them available to another manufacturer. I sent off the sample, but as I was still cautious, I did not send A few days later when I tried to call him, there was an answer service message saying they were no longer available for telephone contact, (in order to keep their prices low) but only through online chat - ........this didn't work either! After this there was some contact with another person who said he had 'joined the team' and Stuart would get back to me immediately when he returned from the US in a few days - he never did!! Luckily I did not send any money.

To all who are having problems with Captain Hair (and it seems there are quite a few) I would suggest the same approach I took and if necessary, actually contacting the Trading Standards at Swindon - there is something very wrong here.

My supplier/manufacturer I have now found is excellent - very attentive, quick service and an excellent selection of different types/styles, with good quality. I am quite happy to pass on details to anyone who requires them.

MHR

joined this forum after searching for Captain Hair problems. As we all know, losing ones hair is traumatic and so is finding the right hair piece supplier, without added complications. I have worn hair pieces of different types for over 40 years and an still looking for the perfect hair piece! About 4 years ago I came across My Hair Direct - run by a chap called Stuart. As reported in other topics, he seemed very good and I had a number of pieces from MHD - always supplied on time and good colour and styling. However, about two years ago things started to go wrong with slow deliveries and poor contact. In early 2010 a piece ordered failed to arrive and because the replacement was critical and I felt someting was wrong, I luckily found a backup supplier from whom I also ordered in the US. The US piece arrived and the consultant was very good, even calling me a couple of times to make sure we were getting it right.

When the US piece arrived it was slightly the wrong colour, but with a little hair dye it turned out fine and the lace front was very good. In the meantime I pursued the ever more elusive Stuart who was by now failing to answer both telephone calls and Emails, although I had paid in full full for the system. A convoluted message was put on his answer service saying they were having problems with their communication services - it all sounded very suspicious!

Eventually, I sent an Email telling him unless I heard from him within 24 hours I would get in touch with his local Trading Standards office. He came back to me immediately with all sorts of excuses + saying he was re branding his business and all the problems would be solved and he was very sorry for my trouble - he could not understand how my Emails had not reached him! My new piece then arrived within two weeks and I must say was very good quality. I started wearing it in September last year and by February this year it was in need of replacement. I then found MHD had changed its name to Captain Hair, but I actually managed to get through to Stuart who said they now had a new manufacturer in China and all was OK. He gave me a quotation of GBP321 and suggested I pay the money into his company bank account at once in order to start to process the order. However, he said he needed a new hair sample as the previous supplier had kept all the samples and would not make them available to another manufacturer. I sent off the sample, but as I was still cautious, I did not send A few days later when I tried to call him, there was an answer service message saying they were no longer available for telephone contact, (in order to keep their prices low) but only through online chat - ........this didn't work either! After this there was some contact with another person who said he had 'joined the team' and Stuart would get back to me immediately when he returned from the US in a few days - he never did!! Luckily I did not send any money.

To all who are having problems with Captain Hair (and it seems there are quite a few) I would suggest the same approach I took and if necessary, actually contacting the Trading Standards at Swindon - there is something very wrong here.

My supplier/manufacturer I have now found is excellent - very attentive, quick service and an excellent selection of different types/styles, with good quality. I am quite happy to pass on details to anyone who requires them.

MHR

Hi

I would be most grateful if you could pass on details of your new supplier/manufacturer after my experinece also with captain hair.

Kind regards

John165

MHR

Hello,

I would appreciate if you can recommend your good hair system supplier. Captain Hair and Stuart have taken my money for many months now and have not provided the products - a similair story to others in this forum.

kevin19

• 2 weeks later...

I share some of the sentiments here. Stuart and team has supplied my hair for about 6 years and service was impeccable up til about 18 months ago. It was hard to reach them but I understood that the factory sales guy was telling them hair systems had been posted but they hadn't. So when I was told my system was on the way, it was actually still being made!! Not Stuart's fault or anyone at the company. Like he says, they were let down by a crap supplier! I too was unhappy about the phone going but as I run my own business, I can understand the thinking behind it. Either way, I did tell Stuart last time I saw him that I think the phones are needed. Chuffed to see he's listened to me and the phone lines are back up again! Anyway, I love Captain Hair and despite a few troubles, they've always come good!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Cant believe I never read or found this forum before I placed my order with Captain Hair.

I only ordered some adhesive etc for ?50 but Im still waiting for it to arrive.

I placed my order on the 22nd May 2011 and was charged on the 25th May as I received an email from the elusive Stuart saying it had been despatched.

Unfortunately I didnt receive the products so I emailed again and was emailed back with apologise and reassured that they had been sent again and would arrive Wednesday 8th June at the latest

Suprise suprise I'm still waiting and cannot get any response from Captain Hair.

I have sent 4 more emails requesting for someone to contact me and have left 2 message on their answer machine.

I also emailed today to say how disgusted I was in their so called customer care service and that if I dont have any response from them I will be reporting them to the local trading standards.

Would not recommend anyone to use this company,

Will keep you posted if/when they ever get back in touch with me....:mad: aarghh

I am stunned to read these 'reviews!' I have known Stuart for years and have used his systems when he was at MHD and now at Captain Hair.

Some of the comments in here are plain absurd! Stuart is one of the nicest guys in this shady business and to claim his company is rogue in any way smells fishy to me. Someone said they ordered and his card was charged? Er yeah, isn't that what happens when you place and order? Someone else said the envelope split and their products were revealed. Er, so that'll be Royal Mail's fault then!

As far I can see Captain Hair deserves some s**t as communication was poor but some of the people in here clearly have ulterior motives!

It's one thing to complain about a company but another to go after people viciously. God knows how all this is making Stuart feel.

He is a genuine guy and I have my life to thank him for. I have suffered alopecia for a decade and if it wasn't for Stuart, his team and his systems (i'm a fussy female with long hair so a tricky customer to please!), I think I would have ended it all at one point.

So, for anyone who reads these posts - READ WITH CAUTION! I'm sure some are genuine but I also think some are just made up to diss Stuart. Captain hair is a great company to know and how can I find them awesome and a couple of people (probably the same person re-posting under new names!) find them so 'disgusting?' Come on guys, murder is disgusting, not replying to an email

is bad news but hardly 'disgusting.' Perspective needed I think!

Stuart - if you read these, please know that you have many loyal customers who have so much to thank you for and God bless you for that.

Sally

Guest Ian512017155

If you paid with your credit card online just dispute the charge with your credit card company and you will get your money back, Captain Hair Systems is nothing more then rippoff site. I know in the USA they are being investigated by the united states attorney office, so my advice to anyone would stay away from Captain Hair.

If you paid with your credit card online just dispute the charge with your credit card company and you will get your money back, Captain Hair Systems is nothing more then rippoff site. I know in the USA they are being investigated by the united states attorney office, so my advice to anyone would stay away from Captain Hair.

Hello Ian,

Whilst we completely support and acknowledge this forum encourages open discussion about a customer's experience with a given company, the comments you have made are simply not true.

We do not currently have any hair system customers in the USA and are certainly NOT under investigation by the United State Attorney Office. This statement is completely false, unless of course you may be mistaking us for an entirely different company.

Furthermore, to state that our company is a "rip off site" could not be further from the truth. This company was established by genuine and ethical people and whilst we acknowledge we have experienced the problems highlighted in an earlier post, it is certainly not our intention to deliberatively deceive or solicit business with no intention of fulfilling orders.

We do take customer complaints very seriously and would encourage those clients that have concerns to email us at info@captainhair.com and we will always to our absolute best to resolve any problems.

We have also now established a dedicated UK telephone support line, so please also call us on 0121 368 0087.

Kind regards,

Captain Hair

Well Stuart i hope you are planning to refund any orders that you are not able to fulfil in a timely manner, even if by no direct fault of your own. Although setting up a proper supply chain and CS department (or lack thereof) is your responsability i can see how it's frustration for all. But you can't be keeping customers on the hook.

Dear all,

My latest update on captain hair is this: they have delivered my system and products. They are late, but good quality. The company have refunded the ?50 rush surcharge that I paid so actually I am very happy at the moment. I have not yet tried on the system, but it looks very good quality.

Good luck to all :)

Edited by jfd1

Unfortunately I have had a similar experience albeit thankfully over peripheral items, not actually a hair system. Only a third of the quantity was delivered and I was promised the rest in a week but nearly 3 weeks later I haven't received the rest of the order and have had to go through the hassle of trying to cancel part of the payment via Paypal. It is a shame as I was hoping to get a system from the company but unless they improve I'll stick to my current overseas supplier.

It always amuses me that when I sell items online some overseas buyers expect delivery within a couple of days yet often when I buy something in the same country I have to wait weeks!

It's getting to the stage where I'd only consider buying something online / mail order where I have used the company before and trust that they consistently deliver their promises (and their parcels!)

I have dealt with Hair Direct in America since 2006 and have always been extremely pleased with them. All orders have been 100% correct and on time and emails are always dealt with promptly.

I still haven't had the courtesy of a reply from Captain Hair and I have had to spend the best part of an hour opening a Paypal dispute and predictably this hasn't been answered by Captain Hair 4 days later! I have now had to escalate this to a Paypal claim. Surely Captain Hair shouldn't be advertising and accepting payment for items they can't deliver. Surely they should issue an immediate refund if the items aren't delivered after 3 weeks!

From this experience I'd never deal with them again, I wouldn't ever trust them to order a hair system.

Dear all,

After complaining about the lateness of my system, it has arrived. And with a cheque for ?50 which is to refund the rush charge that I paid. I have not tried the system on, but it looks very good quality. :)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on my order.

After several emails and phone calls to a constant answer machine i have finally got my products - part of my order missing and had to email again and again to finally be told they it was out of stock and would be delivered soon.The order was damaged on arrival - (bottle top snapped) and not sure if they are the genuine product as the glue is very watery compared to the one i already have and no seals but I finally give up - it will do for now until i find somewhere else.

Like i previously stated Im one of the lucky ones as Im not waiting for a hair system!

It is my understanding that when you purchase products from the internet the company only take payment from you once the products have been despached not when the order is placed.

From this experience I will never buy from Captain Hair again.

I too am a female and extremely tough to please when it comes to my hair that's why I pay several thousands of pounds every year for my hair systems,my moto is if i cant have the real thing i want the next best thing!!!

Unfortunately i have been suffering from hair loss since i was 15 years old and believe me i have been ripped off too many times now.

It saddens me to find so many companies exploiting people in our situations especially when they play on peoples vulnerability.

The worst companies for me was Advanced Hair Studio and also Hair Techniques in Hull.

Advanced charged me ?6,500 for one and then pushed for more,also pushed for me to buy products they said help care for my system - i later found out they actually caused the hair to break and fall out of the system for you to have to get a replacement quicker (informed by an AH employer)and Hair Techniques charged me full wack too and then failed to tell me that the system that arrived was not the one i ordered but of a lesser standard and tried passing it off as if it was the original...nice.

Anyway just thought i would share some of my bad experiences with you to warn others not to go there.wish i had known then what i know now.xxxx

Update on captain hair not sending system: Still no system received after 26 weeks and a 4 week delivery paid for. E-mails and phone calls still going unanswered. But there is an alternative to captain Hair - hair4all, which is uk based. Ordered system and received in 7 weeks, an affiliated stylist provided if required, which I took the opportunity of using and extremley pleased with results. A little more expensive than Captain Hair but worth it due to not having the stress of wondering if I am going to receive system from CH.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kevin...i use a company in Manchester...no bull.... from these guys got my system as ordered and within 5 weeks, its Andy on (contact information removed by moderator)...good luck!

Edited by TakingThePlunge

I'm just another ex-customer of CH who was extremely pleased with the service and products from Stuart but as stated all over this forum have lately been let down really badly by now being supplied crappy stock systems that make me look like I'm wearing a wigster...Out of sheer desperation now I have decided to order from another UK based company that appear to have very good ratings and a very informative website (Link removed by moderator)

After a little bit of digging around I have discovered that Stuart has been concentrating his energies into other projects and he has let CH slip away into the abyss it's in right now and there probably is no return because I can imagine that over 75% of his customers have already gone elsewhere. :rolleyes:

One good thing I learnt from my journey is that companies like Advanced and a few others were there purely to profit massively from people who were suffering a debilitating situation and people like Stuart had the initiative to get up and offer not an alternative but a better alternative, lower prices, far better systems, friendly and open advice, and most of all the education to put the damn systems on yourself..Advanced used to tell me it cannot be done as really it would have cut ?55 from their monthly income from me. So it is a shame that I feel that this situation has arisen due to circumstances that CH could not forsee but the demise of the company should inspire us all to go forth and search for new pastures where the hair grows better on the other side.:D

Edited by TakingThePlunge