Dr Wong - 9 & 10 months update

BillyJ

Hello my brethen,

Posted 9 month 6 days and 10 month 2 weeks updates on my blog. After all this time I've yet to master the art of transfer from blog to thread! Apologies, for any incovenience this might cause.

Continue to be pleased with ongoing transformation. Crown remains thin, on the plus side hair is in there, albeit short and wispy. It amazes me that I am seemingly complaining about this situation, I'm not. It is just a measure of how far I have progressed - could it be a case of the fabled hair greed! The perspective is a Norwood 5A, 60 years old and 3739 graphs. It'd be like saying Moses parting the sea was a minor irrigation issue!

Let the good times roll - for all of us.

Be pleased to answer any questions.

Best wishes.

Bill

So pleased for you Billy, you look 10 years younger. May I ask a question? What does does your hair look like - top down - under strong light or sunlight - is it thickening up? Thanks

Regards

Hello my brethen,

Posted 9 month 6 days and 10 month 2 weeks updates on my blog. After all this time I've yet to master the art of transfer from blog to thread! Apologies, for any incovenience this might cause.

Continue to be pleased with ongoing transformation. Crown remains thin, on the plus side hair is in there, albeit short and wispy. It amazes me that I am seemingly complaining about this situation, I'm not. It is just a measure of how far I have progressed - could it be a case of the fabled hair greed! The perspective is a Norwood 5A, 60 years old and 3739 graphs. It'd be like saying Moses parting the sea was a minor irrigation issue!

Let the good times roll - for all of us.

Be pleased to answer any questions.

Best wishes.

Bill

Congratulations it looks really fantastic very happy for you!! I am almost 2 months post op and am BORED BORED BORED of waiting :rolleyes:

Thanks for keeping us updated Bill

Ukpatient Bill will be meeting up with Dr Wong and myself in London in May and will we get some pics from all angles as he will be one year out from then.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Ukbloke,

Apologies for not repying sooner. Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated. Regarding a top down view, the only perspective I have are the photos I've taken to date. From the front I think my hair stands up well to most lighting. Looking down on the top I would suggest an unforgiving light would expose the reality of the limited number of graphs transplanted. Such a reality would not be unexpected. However, I do get the impression the hair is getting stronger and thus appears more dense. Certainly, a vast improvement on what went before.

As Garageland mentioned in his message, I shall be meeting up with Dr Wong in May, when photographs of a superior quality shall hopefully be produced - much better than my efforts anyway.

Hope all is progressing nicely for you.

Regards.

Bill

Ukpatient,

Apologies for the lateness of reply. Thank you for your kind words, it is always very satisfying to receive such compliments.

I can understand your frustration with slow passing time. In retrospect it now appears that the last ten months or so have almost rushed by for me. I appreciate my saying that is of scant consolation to you. Four/five months along is when I started to see things developing, hopefully it will at least be the same for you. I wish you well and an excellent result.

Regards.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Nice makeover. I love his smile. Good job Dr. Wong.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Atomic, Harriri, Ziggy, thank you for taking the trouble to view my update and for your kind response.

Atomic, I couldn't agree with you more about the quality of my photos. I'm meeting with Garageland, Dr Wong and Jotronic in London a week shy of a year from my transplant. Hopefully, it will produce some decent pictures - won't be too hard to do!

Harrari, I feel I have a great deal to smile about - am grateful too!

Ziggy, I am pleased it can look good without the need for hair products, other than water.

All good wishes.

Bill

Thank you for the compliments Alix, gratefully received.

You ask a good question. When going through the research process I determined 6000 to 7000 graphs would be needed to achieve a truly acceptable result. The outcome from receiving 3739 graphs is at a level that has met my initial expectation. I recall a conversation with Dr Wong following surgery. I asked if he felt I would need a second operation, his answer was no. He said I should have a good final result and woudn't require another transplant. I am very happy with the way things have gone. I have a hairline, I don't fear wind blowing, in fact I now enjoy it. I'm sure in certain lights or viewpoints my hair from top down will look thin. From the front aethestic I think it looks terrific. However, I do have scarring from an old plug procedure, fortunately not extensive, and something at the time was totally unneccesary, such is life! So am partially considering scar revision and should I go forward with it I would have a second procedure at the same time to increase all over density. Big if though, at the moment! Have to say I had a very good experience of the whole process, so have no concerns there. Down time being the only exception and that is age related i.e. at my venerable age do I want to commit to another year?

Thank again, and a very good question to boot!

Best wishes.

Bill

.. I don't fear wind blowing, in fact I now enjoy it.

this is a very important thing for me.I've had 2 (not ideal) procedures( in poor clinics) so far and I'm in need of another one (possibly with H&W) but what concerns me most is that even after a succesful procedure I might have problem with wind.

my hair looks ok indoors because there is an illusion of coverage and density but outside there is a whole different story,unlike you I fear wind.infact I wear a cap almost all the time because even a breeze will mess up my hair and reveal the gaps and bald areas.and its so stressful and depressing.:(

Alix,

I recognise your anxiety with regard to wind or breeze as it used to effect me in the same way. I was at a music festival yesterday and the wind was particulary strong, against which my hair looked good, tousled but good - certainly from the front view anyway!

I've read that you will be seeing Dr Wong in London next weekend; in my opinion he is a pre-eminent physian and a nice man too. Should you choose Dr Wong to provide you with your next procedure I feel you have every chance of losing the dreaded wind syndrome. I can only speak for me and cannot second guess what your result will be but feel you would have every reason to be optimistic.

Incidentally, I shall be meeting Dr Wong on the Saturday of next weekend, along with Garageland and Jotronic. It will be 6 days short of my transplant anniversay. Hope I will get some good photos to show on this forum. In any case I shall take some of my own on the actual anniversay date.

Best wishes.

Bill