Dr. Paul Shapiro—3138 FUT grafts on ClassI V Patient. One year post op

Dr. Paul Shapiro—3138 FUT grafts on ClassI V Patient. One year post op

This 50 year old male has fine light brown hair. He had a limited donor density of about 70

FU/sq.cm and an average scalp laxity. I was able to remove a strip that was 1.8 cm wide by 10 cm long in the middle and 1.6cm wide by 16.5 cm long on the sides. That means I removed a total of 44.4 sq.cm. of donor hair. This was after doing stretching exercise. Because the closure was on the tight side I did not do a trichophytic closure but as you can see the scar is minimal.

His hair count was as follows:

· 732 one hair FU

· 1966 two hair FU

· 417 three hair FU

· 14 four hair FU

Total FU-3138, Total hairs- 6000

He was a candidate for a larger case but with his donor density below average and his scalp laxity being average I got the 3,138 FU. He is very happy with his results but is going to schedule a second surgery to get more density.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Presentation1.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Hey guys,

I don't mean to come across as negative Nancy but the eagle eye photographs are fairly deceptive, you can clearly see the lighting differences from pre to post op status and the hair is also parted from further toward the patients left side than before thus aiding the illusion of dentisy.

Just saying.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

I see that I am yet to be challenged on my claims...

I expected at least one SMG fan would chime in ;-)

Cheers,

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Agreed - there is little lighting or flash in the After shot from overhead. Still, seems like a good result.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Looks great! Very age appropriate hairline.

I think the after photos might actually be taken in a different room, thus the different shade of blue paint on the wall. I know my before and after pictures were taken by different people in different rooms. No shenanigans, it was just whoever was free at the moment.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I think you will find that they have taken the photographs in the same room minus flash.

I am certainly not knocking the post operative result it seems very age appropriate as mentioned, however post op photos when accompanied by pre op photos should relate as close as possible to determine the final result.

It can be somewhat deceptive to newer forum member researching into HT procedures.

PS: I find it highly unlikely that SMG would colour co-ordinate their office with different shades of blue.

:-)

Cheers,

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

I've noticed most post ht photos are shown with either the hair parted on the side or combed straight back. It helps coverage. But this is a nice case considering the area they had to cover with those 3138 grafts. If the grafts had been restricted to the frontal half or third, it would have been super dense. I'd like to see this patient after his second procedure. I believe it will be a homerun!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hey guys,

I don't mean to come across as negative Nancy but the eagle eye photographs are fairly deceptive, you can clearly see the lighting differences from pre to post op status and the hair is also parted from further toward the patients left side than before thus aiding the illusion of dentisy.

Just saying.

Cheers,

If there was meant to be any deception, or photo tricks then why is the pre op and 1 day post op picture two different shades of blue?. Obviously they cant make a 1day post op placement picture look more dense.

I know ive personally had pictures taken by Dr Ron and Matt ....and come on most of the pics were taken 1 yr apart so whats to say its even the same camera or room.... I think the important factor here is the pictures are VERY clear and in focus so anyone can see that its a great result!!!

And before anyone says im a biased SMG fan ....i am a great fan of many other clinics as well as SMG......Rahal, True and Dorin, Bisanga, Feriduni amongst others really impress me....im just saying the pics look great on my pc as does the result :) Well done Dr Paul on a very nice result

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

I'd like to clarify that we take ALL our photos with flash (pre-op, intra op, post ops). In our experience, the pictures turn out the most clear in our office with the flash. We have two different rooms but same shade of blue where we take photos depending on who is taking them. If Matt's isn't able to take photos in his office then there are few others trained to take them in another room. We try to take consistent pictures of same angle, lighting, and distance, however, since we aren't in a photo studio and none of us are professional photographers, there is bound to be slight difference in picture quality. We have two cameras that are the same make and model for the two rooms on AUTO settings. So depending on the day and the amount of sun light in each room, the picture lighting varies to a certain degree.

No camera/picture deception practiced at SMG. We welcome suggestions on how to get same lighting from two difference rooms. We like putting the pictures side by side to give better idea of before and after results. This side by side technique is not used by majority of clinics when they post their results because it is difficult to duplicate the same lighting.

(Just wanted to chime in and say, I definitely did not mean to imply there was anything resembling deliberate deception by SMG, not at all. More that the lighting should be matched more closely in before/after photos so the results can be seen more clearly).

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

We would prefer that our pictures had same lighting as well. In fact, we have tried all different settings with flash and without flash. But the AUTO settings produce the best pics. But even in the same room the picture can have different shade of lighting depending on the time of day, not to mention our other room gets slightly different sunlight altogether.

If a person researched all photos of results online, they would find that the background is slightly different color. Here are two of our results with different color background even though each patient's pics were taken in same room. Notice the female patient's 1 yr post op has the lightest background, her immed post op has the darkest. The male patient's before is darker than the 1 day post op.

Slide4.jpg.95ab457bac62e40817b2ad670822c741.jpg

Slide2.jpg.7109b42f5843efa3fd7781991fce3ff4.jpg

Edited by Janna