Is this a good hair transplant style?

Depending if the actor took medication throughout the years it is hard to say mate, his hair looks pretty darn good in these photos. I would not say his temple regions are really even that to be honest. Certainly it would have been wise not to close off the temple regions keeping the age appropriate hair line in this case. The last photograph does depict the recession and slight diffused loss, not very significant considering his age though.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

I wouldn't fuss at all if I had hair like that :D

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I've been looking at HTs for the past 7 years and would never suspect this guy had one. There's nothing obvious about it. Your plan to wear your hair so it sweeps over your temples is fine. I did that actually when I had my temple points done to conceal the work and no one ever knew I had it done...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Akuma,

I agree - his hair looks quite natural, and I personally would not have suspected he had undergone hair transplantation or was suffering from any significant level of hair loss.

Additionally, I definitely think the 'lower frontal hairline, higher temples' is a fairly natural look, and it's fairly common for hair transplant surgeons to implant grafts at a higher density in the frontal forelock and leave the temples further recessed (which would create the type of appearance you're describing).

Furthermore, if you have similar hair characteristics, I don't think it's unreasonable to transplant at a higher density in the frontal hairline, lower and further recessed in the temples, and let the hair fall down around the temples (as demonstrated in the image you shared).

Altogether, I definitely recommend reviewing these ideas with your hair transplant surgeon. Together, you two can analyze your expectations and physiology, and come up with an appropriate hair restoration plan (which hopefully meets your expectations).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hey Mate,

I was basically going to state the same thing as future above yet mention that if this is truly a HT it looks great. The temporal regions are really not high, if you consider this to be high then I am not sure what your true expectations of a HT would be. Depending on your current situation and characteristics it may not be feasable to lower your frontal area to the same degree as this actor.

Have you previously posted photographs on the forum for an outside perspective?

I would recommend that you do, we are all our worst critic.

Cheers mate,

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Give me a break...And you say you need a hair transplant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

You in no way need a hair transplant. You have a better hairline than I did when I was 13. Unless you are extremely rich and a male model I would not even consider it. If you do get a HT you will make the doctor look like a genius.

HT #1 Unknown Butcher (1998)

Total about 1500

-------------------------------------------------------------

HT #2 Dr. Alexander (2011)

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

Dr. Rassman says that he treats a lot of soap opera stars who want a juvenile hairline. They claim that they look to old with the standard mature hairline. If you ever watch, look at the younger stars and most of them have a very small forehead.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

First, you have no proof Arjun Rampal underwent hair-transplant surgery. I say this not as some blinded, raving fan, but it's important to note this after you quite unequivocally state he has.

Second (on to you), I don't know it would be wise to get a hair-transplant simply to lower your hairline. This isn't because it's "silly of you to want to" (any cosmetic procedure could be called silly by a third party), but because you might go on to lose a significant amount of hair, which could then become difficult or impossible to replace. If you're unlikely to lose hair (i.e., you've not started to; your gene-pool does not indicate baldness; etc.) (and, even then, it's a gamble), you might consider it, but if your notion has stricken you largely because, as you look in the mirror, you find yourself with less hair than you had not very long ago, having performed a procedure to restore a "juvenile" hairline may not work for even a short while (by the time the transplant grows in, you might find you've lost too much behind the work to have likeable results — and thus it may continue, ad infinitum).

you really do have a great head of hair. I can understand you wanting a lower hairline. You are not wanting to have a mature hairline. Why don't you get a consult? If you are not going to bald later or have baldness in your family then it may be something you can get.

Hi mate,

In all honesty and I know you probably do not want to hear this but your hairline in rather straight and dense. I have seen a few documented cases in which a patient has also lowered their hair line in a similar fashion to yourself and not been completely content with the final result.

You seem to be in great shape in my opinion.

I suppose others have stated very similar responses to my own situation, however I would definitely say that my recession is far more obvious than having a mature hairline.

In the end the decision is yours my friend, if it truly bothers you this much then we cannot stop you and your future endeavors.

Good luck mate!

Cheers,

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

I hate to use a cliche, but if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Modern HTs do look very good and are mostly undetectable, but they will never look %100 percent like your native hair, especially when you have such dark, coarse hair as you appear to have. My advice would be to wait until your recession looks much worse (if it does recede more) or at least wait till you hits your 30s. There's really no reason for you to start this journey and I'm not sure you're thinking through all the ramifications it can have. Also, I think most doctors will likely turn you away due to your age.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks. I guess I should post a side shot of me. Below is a side shot. Its my forehead "shape" (used to look bigger when i was younger) that makes it "look" like that I have receded. The yellow line is where I would line to bring the fronta forelock part down to. Not the temples. Its amazing the amount of difference it does to my look from the front view, with just a 1 cm lower hairline. I simulated it by pushing the hair down.

Ignore the temple line. I dont think i'd transplant there.

I can understand what you are trying to do. Getting a transplant to reduce the size of the head from frontal view and sides with the temples. It definitely makes a difference with surgery. I am also getting a transplant to lower my hairline and to bring temples forward. Look at my pics. Since you have great hair characteristics, I don't even think you'll need a lot of grafts for it. And if you are doing something as small as that, you may want to consider what surgical route you'll take, FUE or STRIP. Definitely get in touch with a hair transplantation surgeon. Good luck to you.