8 months post Op Dr. Ross.. Should I be concerns?

ctillisc

So i posted a thread earlier this week with pictures but I didn't quite have enough light to do the real result justice that I see in the mirror.. Although I am happy with the results (from where I was), I am a bit concerned about the density and naturalness of the hairline.

I recieved 2500 grafts in both temporal regions .. In light, when I tilt my head the transplant is really obvious and the plugs are pretty spacious, which is what I was not hoping for.

I know I have many months to go, but how much density can I expect from here on out? I don't want to have to cover up my hairline every time I go out in order to avoid being detected. Should I consider another operation? Im hoping not, but who knows.

I went in for my half way visit the other week and was displeased as they had me meet up with the organizer/planner rather than Dr. Ross himself. Of course, she said it looked amazing ( why wouldn't she tell that to customers). I know I've made huge steps, but maybe I had unrealistic expectations of a full, natural hairline?

Here's to the upcoming months and a lot of new growth, and OPTIMISM rather than PESSIMISM!

Ctillisc

(once again, the photos still dont do justice.. the camera cant pick up what a human eye does. the resolution on my mac isnt that great)

5b32cc9697a7e_Photo11.jpg.f669aabfc477341cdb3f4d0f00016c22.jpg

5b32cc96ab7b2_Photo2.jpg.cf97a22e05a0b2fe88e2d352421698cf.jpg

5b32cc96c1da1_Photo3.jpg.5a189735ddd214212d7fbe7c28dbe4d2.jpg

5b32cc96d3699_Photo4.jpg.a07c48f904f8e672099b99d8c5777f71.jpg

5b32cc96e6dd4_Photo6.jpg.a8a968a9067d1d70be137073cf81f76e.jpg

5b32cc97065df_Photo8.jpg.1a2ab44850afdca7aeeb53c1b8c9794a.jpg

5b32cc9729803_Photo5.jpg.99ef29dfcdfdf26c309b2cdd1eefa012.jpg

Edited by ctillisc

Hi,

It is still a little hard to tell from the photos but it is a little see thru but at 8 months there is still some way to go before you stop growing.

Btw I think the HT looks very refined.

Regards

Rod

It looks good to me, but where were you at before? That is a good indicator.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I think part of the problem is your native hair is so dense that it makes the transplated hair obvious.
Agreed.

I do think the result should be better after 8 months with 2500 grafts. IMO most people get their result between month 4 and month 8. Therafter it will get thicker but a complete change you rarely see after 8 months. Yet, we're all different.

I understand the concerns of the topic starter.

Edited by nw_2

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks like you have alot of finer hairs in the hairline. If that is the case then these hair will thicken up usually up to 1 year and in some cases 1.5 years.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

lorenzo,

I'm new here and sorry for the thread hijack, but i have a question re: your HT - are you planning on posting recent pics? I'm interested to see how your HT is progessing (your photos have been very helpful in evaluating progression of growth)! Also, I couldn't tell from your photos, did Hasson bring your hairline down at all (and if so, how much) or did he just thicken your existing hairline?

This is my link for 1 year photos

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159330-lorenzo-1-year-photos.html

My hairline is pretty much the same as it was before.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson