Is this really possible?

Long hair transplantation is possible but it does make the process increasingly difficult as the surgeon will have a very hard time seeing what he's doing and the surgery would most likely take hours longer than normal. The hair that is transplanted would also fall out anyway after 2-3 weeks, which is normal due to the "resting phase" of the hair which will only start to grow by itself around 3-4 months after surgery. So the long hair process would seem unnecessary as it does not provide you with that look you are leaving with after a few weeks. After those 2 weeks your appearance would resemble how you looked before treatment, and then the normal growth cycle will ensue.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Guys honestly what is this? Is this for real?There must be something really wrong going on here!!!First of all these results look impossible to me for the number of grafts(especially the second one)

But even in the first one arent the grafts supposed to shed? What for to do it with long hair?

And why the first guys face is not bloated post op?He had 6000 grafts and he had no elephant man face?

This is really weird guys i dont believe it, is this doctor a part of these forums can we have an answer about whats going on

I fully agree with Hairuptheres comments. Since the labour costs are alot less in India maybe there are able to afford the extra time to do such a procedure. In North America it would probaly raise price of grafts 20-30% in my opinion and for no neccesary reason. In fact I believe it would be alot harder to protect, clean and insert the grafts therefore having a greater change of having failed grafts.

Although I commend Dr. Mandu for having a larger session this has NOTHING to do whether it was done with short hair or long hair and feel this should have been stated in the video. The second video looks like a great result but the camera is horrible and nothing like the first video even though it was taken after. No offence to Dr. Mandu the second result looks great but please if possible invest in a high defintion camera.

Regardless its intersting

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

The "long hair transplant" has been discussed here before.

First "Long Hair" Hair Transplant Performed by Dr. Pathuri Madhu in India

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website