Fue into Strip Scar? How Soon? Doctors?

Quite simple,

How soon can fue be inserted into a strip scar after a strip HT? I realize the scar can stretch for up to 3-4 months after the procedure, but I feel this can be prevented if proper care is given.

So what's the soonest possible time? I have emailed a doctor who said it can be done as soon as 4 weeks. What do you guys think? Doctors?

Well i guess they could be inserted after a few weeks yes , but i wouldnt see the point . it would be best to let the scar fully mature and see what its like then , if it did ever stretch in certain places , u would then know the areas to fue in at .

i,d give the scar at least 12 months imo.

I would think that after the first two weeks or so you would have a good idea of the scar. As far as its appearance and width.

If it is a rather thin scar, you would only need 300-400 grafts to "take" to mask it right?

I think the margin of error is much greater with a thin scar.

However, if the scar appears relatively thick, I think its best to wait.

4 weeks ?? Madness.

At 4 weeks you have NO idea of what your scar will look like.

Stretching begins to take place way after this and for many months

Color changes a year later.

Shockloss to the area below the scar takes many months to recover, and in many cases there is a thinner area of growth immediately below the scar that stays, giving the impression that the scar is wider than it really is.

All these factors would (or should) influence the doctors decisions about where to place the grafts.

Was the doctor that told you 'four weeks' this one of the recommended HT doctors on this site?

No the doctor was not recommended on this site, he is fairly reputable though from several websites I visit.

I realize scars may stretch post-one month. However, it has been well-documented on this website that the first month is the most important indicator. How you take care of the scar in the first month goes a long way to enhance the appearance of the scar.

I believe some doctors have reinforced this claim.

I understand the shockloss concern, but I don't know if this has much to do with the actual scar. Especially if you go to a good doctor.

My main concern would be the chances of the implanted grafts "taking."

hmmm, sounds like a good question for a doc to answer....any takers?

Please take no offense, but it sounds like you want your theory to be reinforced and are not really open minded about the opinions offered.

If he is a reputable doctor that has a history of good ethics and he gives you a time frame of how long it takes for a graft to "take" I would go with him. That said, I have really studied this forum and for a question like this I would consult Dr. Feller. (He is not on my list of future docs for me personally because of location....I just do not want to go to NY :P ...I am a country boy and just can't do it...too much concrete and traffic..lol).

That said, I feel he is super honest and has very high ethical standards. He will tell you what he would tell a relative I believe when it comes to the what you are asking.

There are several more docs here on this forum that I would expect to get the same treatment from but he is the first that comes to mind.

Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker,

I know what you mean, I don't mean to be disrespectful. I was re-reading my response and kept editing it to see if I could make it sound "nicer" but its sometimes difficult through an online forum.

I am grateful for all responses.

I just want to get to the bottom of this. I will contact Dr. Feller. Thank you!

Has anyone had FUE into strip BEFORE one year?

• 2 weeks later...

Its not advisable at all to transplant hair unless one year passes by. So hold your horses buddy. Honestly its a very good idea. Im thinking this too, to repair my hairline and add density in midscalp.. later in the end i will FUE my scar, so then i could shave all of head forever but with nice hairline shape to give nice illusion without the reflecting mirror effect on my baldy head lol.. as u say frame is needed for a photo.. However i heard from many clinics before i discover this decent world class forum, that transplanting FUE into a scar is very risky in terms of result and the yield effect is so low. If im wrong, please correct me.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]