Hair Transplant Malpractice Lawyer

usedandabused

I remembered your case mate. Hows stuff? Guess it was rough!

If u are talking about rogue docs, its tough to bring them to court and vice versa. You probably would have signed some indemnity form, but i guess the general law assumes that the doc should exercise reasonable care towards the patient regardless of indemnity so your case is still valid. However, here's the rub. Its tough to prove either way, whether he did exercise enough care and caution.

I am not a lawyer so the above is just my conjecture. Whatever it is, good luck and take care mate

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

It is very tough to prove medical malpractice. Especially with a cosmetic surgery where you more than likely signed a waiver. I attempted to take my first HT doc, Joseph Karamikian, to small claims court suing for breach of contract. I think I had a shot at winning but was forced to go to court multiple times as the case kept getting pushed back. I eventually gave up. At least I ended up costing the doc money in lawyer fees.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

This is an interesting topic.

A few years back I took a 40 hour law school class on malpractice law at the University of Richmond. THIS DOES NOT MAKE ME A LAWYER, but it did provide me alot of insight into the malpractice arena. I'd agree with hairthere, that its pretty tough to show specific damages caused by a doctor's derelection of duty with regard to hair. Poor outcomes and even nearly disfiguring scars, like it or not, usually can't be attributed to malpractice. That may not make bloggers happy, but I think that it is true...not just from my opinion but rather from what I learned in that class; and in reviewing cases for lawyers.

Also, several years ago a large medical corporation talked with me about joining their group. I distinctly recall the very first question that I asked that morning was how many malpractice suits does their entire company face per year. Their answer, 3 active cases in 8 years.... Now they admitted to more lawyer letters, but as to actual cases where an expert on the plaintiff side agreed that a breach in the standard of care caused damages....only 3 out of an enormous volume of cases.

I would predict that unless there are disfiguring damages in the eyes of a potential jury that can be shown to be caused specifically by the doctor doing something very different than the fairly broad range of contemporary hair techniques, that it would be difficult to succeed in a case.

In fact at one point at a meeting I heard that the only consistent successful (plaintiff's view) hair techniques worth suing over were flap rotation hair work and scalp reduction surgery. And I believe that is in large part responsible for scalp reductions not being offered anymore. Fortunately the flaps have gone away with improved strip megasession work in the 90s.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians