Dr Umar 7500 grafts by fue, norwood 7

HairToday72

Many people who become unduly focused on baldness have undiagnosed--or untreated--body dysmorphic disorder. Ironically, the disease causes them to do things that make them look much worse (and much stranger) than would be the case if they simply shaved their heads and called it a day. Think of the cliched combovers of the 70s. In an effort to avoid mockery, they unwittingly charted a course to provoke it.

People with BDD can't make rational decisions about their own appearance, so it's imperative that people around them give them honest opinions.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you're right Shadow, and there are probably a lot of good examples of that... like when I pop a zit and look far worse than if I would have just left it as is... But I just don't think Hairtoday looks worse off right now than he did before the procedure. It's not a home run miracle.. but it's a step in the right direction if you ask me. Give him a few months. I think there's some hope in this case.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

shadow, I think anyone who doesn't have major issues with their hairloss would just shave their head and give up and wouldn't be on these forums or consider surgery. I think it's going too far to label me as bdd.

Millions of men end up wearing hair pieces and systems. Are they all body dismorphic too or is it vanity for everyone else?. Apart from the underlying wig-worry I was mostly able to forget about hairloss throughout my 20s and early 30s. I became a dad, built a successful career, bought a house etc. Not really indicative of the social withdrawal of bdd.

I wanted to share my early experience of aggressive premature mpb to explain how I, like anyone else, found themselves in a toupee. Anyone who doesn't understand how it feels to wear a hairpiece should try it for a while and then report back. You really get trapped by it.

So maybe my ht won't give me flocks of flowing hair, I have realistic expectations. What i can honestly say is that it has already improved my quality of life and given me some peace from hairloss.

Don't get me wrong I respect and appreciate what your saying however I just don't think it applies to my case.

Edited by HairToday72

why did you go to umar, any other would have done a much better job. now you have all your donnor gone and for the coverage you have accomplished that's it. did you ever consider another doctor? umar is only in it for the money, well most of the other docs are in it for the same reason, except they are not as mediocre as him. I really wish with toppik or some other agent you can get the result you wanted, and if you are looking for a touch up, don't go to him anymore, there are hundreds of more qualified docs out there.

happy growing

Hi Siversurfer,

If you had read the beginning of this thread you would know that the majority of grafts were body hair and not from his donor area.

I feel a bit sorry for you (Hair Today) considering the amount of negative posts you seem to be receiving. Many young men wouldn't be happy with a HT unless it gave them 100% thickness and 20 year old hairlines. Lots of older people are happy to have a major improvement and to frame their face and give an illusion of density.

I would suggest trying to grow your hair a little longer. At this stage your HT looks like a major improvement for you.

Kind Regards

Rod

shadow, I think anyone who doesn't have major issues with their hairloss would just shave their head and give up and wouldn't be on these forums or consider surgery.

OK, but there's a threshold point at a certain level of baldness. The balder you are, the less likely it is that you'll achieve a cosmetically acceptable result. And when you start relying on body hair, the chances really drop precipitously. Incidentally, I'm not diagnosing you as BDD; I'm not qualified to do that. But I know that it's a serious reality for many people on this issue.

Millions of men end up wearing hair pieces and systems. Are they all body dismorphic too or is it vanity for everyone else?

No, because the right piece can look presentable, whereas most HTs on advanced norwoods--let alone those using a lot of body hair--do not. I hope you're an exception, and if anyone can pull this kind of thing off, it's probably Umar.

Hi Guys,

Just a friendly reminder to keep things civil. Frankly, I think the discussion should stay on the case at hand and stray away from personal attacks and assumptions as to why certain people are involved with the field of medical hair restoration. It's unnecessary at this juncture and detracts from why this thread was created in the first place.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Guys,

Just a friendly reminder to keep things civil. Frankly, I think the discussion should stay on the case at hand and stray away from personal attacks and assumptions as to why certain people are involved with the field of medical hair restoration. It's unnecessary at this juncture and detracts from why this thread was created in the first place.

You are quite correct.

Thanks for helping run this great forum Future HT Doc!!!!!!

Atticus :)

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Hair today your hair looks a million times better then your pre-op photo's. I'd much rather have the hair you have now then wear a hair piece, and your still only at the 7 month mark. You have another year at least for your hair to mature and thicken, its gonna look great!! Hair today please can you PM on how much 7500 FUE cost with DR.Umar because i am considering him. Im gonna be a NW7 in the future so i need all the hair i can get and luckily i have a hairy body!! Why is it bald men seem to have hairy bodies lol! Also having FUE i would keep my hair on top short like GRADE 5 and then have a 0.5 at the sides so the top then appears thicker. Plus the millitary look suits me and i have a 0.5 at the sides now, but its a bit thin on top :P. Good luck hairtoday your gonna be on top of the world in 12 months.

Enough hijacking of HairToday's thread!:mad:

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

Guys,

Any further discussion of SiverSurfer's experience can be discussed at the following topic "SiverSurfer's Experience with Dr. Umar". SiverSurfer is not a patient of Dr. Umar's but is unhappy that he was denied treatment. Anyone who wishes to discuss this further can discuss this on the other forum.

Please reserve this topic for "HairToday's" experience and results.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

You've come a long way pal. Strangely cutting the back and sides very short like you have done seems to have had a negative effect imo I'm not sure how it could have but I'd try letting it grow to a blade 2 and see how that looks. Either that or you've cut the top or something doesn't seem quite as good as you could make it I'm sure it's just a little tweak with the haircut you need.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Looking better each month hairtoday. Like bonkerstonker said, I'd try to even out the sides and the top a little bit more. Keep it up! Any plans yet for a future procedure? What has Dr. Umar said about your progress so far.

HairToday,

Personally, I see a noticeable difference between the 7th and 8th month pictures, and keep in mind that you still have several months left to grow and mature. Additionally, compared to your pre-operative photos, your transformation is quite impressive. Good luck, and please continue to keep us updated!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

HairToday72,

I've very impressed with your results thus far. I trly believe I'd by quite happy with the transformation you've made already.

Congratulations!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Good to hear Dr. Umar is sticking with you on this one. It was an epic procedure that's for sure. You are coming around better than I think most expected, so hang tight. For some reason, I keep thinking SMP for you! :)

• 1 month later...

Looks good man. I think another procedure would improve you even more and perhaps allow you more styling options. You still have more maturing to do though...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Just posted my ten month post op pics...

Thanks for the ten month update. I really like the hairline design. It will continue to thicken up.

Looks good!

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Hair,

I'm quite impressed with the transformation. Congratulations!

Looking good hairtoday! The hair has matured quite a bit and it will more in the next few months. I like length best in these pics so far. I could see why if you wanted more work done in the future - especially since the first one with Dr. Umar turned out very well in my opinion. It looks as if there are some thin spots in the front and the crown. But again, I think another procedure might just do the trick for you.

And then after that... some good ol' SMP! :D (Boy, I'm really preaching at you with that stuff ain't I? Sorry about that.) ;)

You've come along way in ten months! Well done.