Tattoo on Donor Scar

shavedhead99

• Moderators

What's the point of getting a hair transplant if you're going to shave your head?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps the results aren't good enough. Perhaps you prefer the buzz-look but the strip scar is too obvious.

Lastly, you may be forced to buzz down because you have become a NW7, and not enough grafts left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

yo Spex,

So that tatoo is really covering a strip scar ? Wow, if so that really blows me away!

I guess his didn't go from ear to ear ?

This really even gives me more confidence in a strip procedure. I'm a musician (on the more radical side), and I've asked about tatooing a design around the strip scar before. But nobody responded to my thread.

With tatoo like this you could still shave the head down to bare skin. If your strip scar was 1-3mm then the right design would probably make it almost invisible; or at least it would be WAY off from being the center of attention!

Spex,

There does seem to be quite a few photos concerning a hair transplant and Jamie Foxx online, but for the life of me I cannot see a scar in that tattoo. I guess that is the point though, hahaha.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I have been reading alot about permanant makeup tatooing, where they match the pigmintation of your skin with dye and then tattoo it into the scar. I've been impressed particularly with one doctor/artist who seems to have quite a bit of success with this and has even been featured on Fox,ABC etc... for the work she has done. This may be a viable option along with scar revision and fue into the scar to make the scar as unnoticable as possible.

I agree with Sparky. I have no idea if he's had a transplant but I don't believe for a minute that the tattoo is covering a scar.

I'd imagine that a tattoo of a similar style would do a pretty good job at concealing a scar but in this case you can see what seems to be untouched skin between the gaps in the design (See attachment).

Jamie.JPG.d512d8573e6db86629f5c9875988eee0.JPG

Well you can't do a normal tattoo on scar tissue, it would have to be permanent makeup/ micropigmentation. I know some guys have had this done to simulate stubble but I have heard problems with ink bleeding. I don't see a scar anywhere on Jaime foxes head either, I think because of the ht rumors, and now the odd location of that (fake?) tattoo people think its a coverup

And the best coverup I have seen on a strip scar if anyone is interested was a gentlemen who had repeated fraxel and v beam laser treatments on his scar. It really blended in to the point that it only looked like a crease and this is something I may consider in the future if things go to hell for me. However you would obviously have to be quite regular with your head shaving or laser out all your hair which could get annoying

Judge,

I've heard some pretty amazing things concerning fraxel and CO2 lasers with regards to keloids, but haven't heard much with regards to lasering the scalp. Interesting stuff!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I recently had a donor scar covered by a permanent make up artist in San Francisco - Athena Karsant. It looks good - i dont have any pictures, but if you live in this area I was happy with her work, i would highly recommend her. I had 3 hts done over ten years ago - i actually had the plugs laser removed and it looks fine on the top of my head - so i wanted to keep my sides and back short - but i had the long scar - ear to ear - i now can take it down to about a 1.5 on the clipper - I have yet to tried to take it closer - maybe someday - but the coverage difference after the work by Athena Karsant made a huge difference. You neeed to be looking for the scar to actually find it and sometimes when i look in the mirror i am unable to actually find it. I understand there are alot of guys who have a similiar concern. I do not frequent these sites but wanted to let others know there is hope and this type of thing does work - it is never going to be perfect - but this has suited my liking and i am very careful after having had such a bad experience with the original HT. In my lifetime I tried rogaine, propecia, dermatch, sprays, hair pieces, 3 hts by 2 doctors - i have seen it all - I can spot a good transplant and we can all spot a bad one, I am somewhat of a self taught expert due to my own insecurities, so i take this seriously and would not mislead you. I bet there are some hacks out there - but the woman who helped me did a good job and I am happy - hope this helps others to find some hope... As far as doing the whole head with this type of thing and simulating hair - i think that is a bit of a stretch - but for scarring in the donor site - i think this is a pretty good option and in my case if it had looked bad i would have just continued living with longer hair in the back - covering both scar and tattoo - it was worth a shot for me.

I agree with you Trican. I have also seen some good reults with the permanant makeup tattoo's. The only thing that concerns me is that tattoo's fade over time "even permanant makeup" and just because you tattoo the same color pigmintation into the scar doesnt make it less noticable. Now if you do this along with fue into the scar than I think you can hide it very well.

That is a cool idea...a tattoo on the scar. Would there be any risk of infection or other medical issues putting ink in a scar?

Here is another celeb who is sporting a scar?

I removed this post, was posted previous day.

Check out topic/thread on jeremy Piven.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/648105135

0104_jeremy_piven_splash_02_v2.jpg.6f91c85d50edf73a2c9a517f124fd4bb.jpg