1 yr fin results...figure i would share

moses0324

I have been taking fin for about a year...I used minox for about 4 months. I wasnt religious with it though. looks like it worked a lot. i was really thin before. looks like hairs in the mid scalp region thickened quite a bit. i really want fue for the temple region but i might be premature. i am currently 25 and shaving close is the only way i get by. what are your thoughts.

before:

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

after:

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

here is me shaved down: (daily look)

photo5.jpg

photo.jpg

Great fin result! If you were to get FUE for the temples, would you plan on growing your hair longer? Are the missing temples the reason why you still buzz your hair?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

yes the temples are the exact reason why i dont grow it long...with the buzzed cut it hides the hairloss in that area. i am actually impressed with the results in the mid scalp area. it was a concern before but it looks like it has filled in quite nicely. i figure it would take about 1200 to 1500 for the temples. to get them pretty dense. i wouldnt ask for a teens hairline. it would be modest. i would still have a widows peak. what do you think?

Great result with the finasteride. You should consult with a doctor about the exact number of grafts to the temples, so you can design it with them. The number stated might be the right amount, but again you should check that out in person, but with that treatment it would look great.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Even though your head is shaved I can see that you've had one of the best responses to Finasteride I've seen yet! Yes, I'd definitely finish things up and do your temples along with reestablishing the corners of your hairline and blending to the front. You are lucky! Even the forelock in front thickened. You caught it early, and that was a very wise thing to do.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Rcwest, thanks for the kind words. I am astonished at the results as I look back on the before pictures. I am still up in the air about a HT. It's still not a slam dunk with respect to future hair loss. I am going to consult a few more doctors before making a decision. Thanks.

Thanks for the responses guys. My results are exceptional. I'm very lucky. Now I wish I caught my hair before my temple areas went bald. But hindsight is 20/20 right. I really want to get them filled in now seeing thaws results. I feel that with them filled in my hair would look great. Unfortunatly I think I'll wait for now. At least until I'm 26 or 27. See If my hair stabilizes. Unless someone wants to donate to my HT fund lol....hahaha thanks again guys.

Fantastic results. Thank you for sharing. It's really inspiring.

You read so many, many, many posts of "OH GUYZ HALP ME! IM LOOZING MAH HARE!" by a member who's only made that one post.

Seeing an update like this is refreshing. Thanks again.

Thanks hightopfade...

I plan on keeping everyone posted with my continued fight to keep my hair. I may go back on Minoxidil. We'll see if that has a positive effect. I'm still not where I want to be with the temples but we'll see. Keep your head up. The drugs do help for most.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey moses...your journey is quite inspirational. I am pretty much in the same boat you are. Same age, same hair loss pattern! My question for you is regarding the FIN.

What was the dosage? How often did you take it? And I guess the main one would be, have you experience any side affects? I am pretty much scared to death over what could happen if I get on this drug, I have my Dr. apt. Friday so any input would be great! Thanks!

I would say get on the fin asap...I take 1 mg per day as prescribed. I have been fortunate enough to not experience any side effects. I take my pill every morning when I wake. I also use nizoral shampoo every other day. As you can see I have experienced great results. I was on the verge of the infamous horse shoe...now I have a descent head of hair. I wish I had caught it earlier so I could re-establish the hairline but I can't complain...get on the meds. They work. Just be weary of the sides. Let me know if you have any other questions. I will post some more pics in a few weeks. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stevebucknor1

There are really amazing pictures and the difference is shown clearly. It is really good to you. It is really amazing growing. Really nice. I am really impressed that it would be happened so quickly.

(Promotional Link Removed by Moderator)

Edited by TakingThePlunge
Promotional Link

Definitely can tell a difference on your scalp. I started about a month or so ago. Noticing shed on my scalp right now but I guess that's part of the routine. Can't wait to see how my results are with it in the months to come. For me, my primary focus is to preserve the crown. Your result seems to have covered that area and the mid scalp, even towards the front, kind of did it all. Your results look great. Congrats.