Do temples not take as well?

I have been noticing in a lot of frontal cases that the temple recessions appear to have been transplanted on many patients, that said, they often seem be thinner than the rest of the hair....

What is the reason for this?? Or am I seeing things?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker,

Extremely thick temple hair would look unnatural. As Sparky already stated, single hairs are used and often aren't extremely dense packed to ensure a natural and smooth transition into thicker hair.

That said, if you'd like to discuss specific cases, feel free to post links to temple hair restoration procedures and list your questions/concerns. This will provide members with more information in order to address your questions.

Best wishes,

Bill

I've seen it in a lot of cases where the temple transplantation seems to look thinner, but then again, there has been few cases that it has come out dense and thick. I don't know if it's due to the quality of the hair or the type of placement. I hope mine turn out well when I go for my procedure. I think they play a big role in framing the face.

Bill, I will try to get to that....I do not really like to point out pickiness when the docs do a lot of good.

My temple recessions (really temple thinning) is the hairloss I have going on. So I am particular about that. I am hoping 4 a strong hair line.

My new years resolution is to stop smoking...then I am gonna get serious about my HT.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Generally, the temples and hairline all around the head are thinner, then blend into the thicker denser hair. That's the way mine has always been. Unless you just have extremely coarse hair.

And Sean is right. The temples and hairline in general are what frame the face. I'd rather have a great hairline and thinner hair up top than a receeded hairline with dense hair. To me it pulls off the illusion better.

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D