Christmas Gift for a 13yr old girl- HT by Dr. Alexander

This young girl had trauma to her eyebrow a few years ago that left a scar going right through her eyebrow. It caused a lot of emotional pain for her and she was always self conscious.

We transplanted 88 grafts into her eyebrow 6 months ago and she is doing so great and feels so good with her result. We took the donor hair from her lower neck, just a small strip.

5b32cbbb498e4_jjapreop.jpg.11e3be8272aecc6ce34f17ce4f1faa4d.jpg

5b32cbbb5f0c4_jjastrip.jpg.7eed32af4ed1c1b833e2f582b5e07877.jpg

5b32cbbb719f6_jjaimmpo.jpg.dc9444a30b10ce5b134cccbf024410e3.jpg

5b32cbbb7f450_jja6mpo.jpg.3e4f11f76d552d607b939c89515874d7.jpg

5b32cbbb91c93_jjsbys.jpg.a41c2898fcf5c5c2b7eea064e186cd05.jpg

The hair that we are using for an eyebrow is very fragile and not condusive to FUE. Also, the dots made from an FUE are much more unsitely on the back of her neck than a fine line scar that is on the border of her normal hairline. She can now wear her hair in a pony tail and not see any scarring on her neck. You would have been able to see the scar from the FUE.

Dr. Alexander,

Thank you for sharing this interesting case! It appears as if a very worthy patient received a very natural, refined result. Nicely done!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Dr. Alexander,

Do you have a current picture of the donor scar? It would be interesting to see how it healed up as I have been told that a strip taken from the nape is prone to stretching. Please post when you get a chance.

Thanks

We didn't take a picture of her scar at 6 months, but I will definitely post her scar when she comes in for her 1 year pictures.

Dr. Alexander, it's interesting to see that the hypopigmentation from the scar seems to be completely gone. Does she have any cover-up tattoo, or might this a positive side effect from the transplant (or am I only not seeing it in the after photo due to the increased hair count)?

Great job in any case!

Ulko,

No the patient doesn't have any type of cover up on her eyebrow. The transplanted hair covers the scar up nicely and it is now barely visible. Thanks for the great comments on this case.

Very nice work. Look's completely normal. I'm sure a strip scar for 88 grafts is barely noticeable.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group