Dr. Humayun Mohmand. 12 months results

littlewolf

Here is my 12 months update.

I was expecting a little more density but it can still get thicker? When i look through other peoples results they seem to have more density than me. I had 2440 grafts in september 2009.

Any comments will be very welcome.

5b32cafc8c333_pre6months1year.jpg.3db4e75c53c669ffa0e478858e8f12e2.jpg

Little Wolf,

In your photos, it does appear that some of your grafts may not have grown. I had the same problem with my first hair transplant. However, I did experience continued improved for several months beyond the one years mark.

I also had a second procedure about 13 months after my first transplant to address areas of low density.

Have you been in touch with Dr. Mohmand? If not, I suggest contacting him about your concerns.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi,

Can you post better photographs? The one's that you posted aren't that clear and don't really show the result that you have had.

Regards

Rod

Edited by RodG

Hi Littlewolf, I remember your case. Hate to say it but this a poor result. It didn't look promising at 6 months and you really didn't get much improvement since then. I'd talk to your doctor and/or look elsewhere for round two, because you need it.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Not even remotely up to par!! From the photo's, I find it surprising that the patients shockloss has not been mentioned besides the result...

Littlewolf, it appears from the photo's that u are in a real bad situation and there is no hope that u are going to improve in a few months time.

Honestly, I think u looked better pre-op...

I've read several complaints regarding Dr. Mohmand's HT results.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Littlewolf,

Thanks for coming back to update us on your final results. While the photos aren't high resolution, I do agree that your results are off par with what should be expected. Have you contacted Dr. Mohmand with your concerns? If not, I strongly encourage you to contact him and see what he advises for you.

I know that it's discouraging not getting the results you expected. However, I trust Dr. Mohmand will stand behind you to help you get the results you desire.

We will also be notifying Dr. Mohmand of your concerns on this topic so that he can post a reply.

Best wishes,

Bill

I have gone thru your pics thoroughly and to be honest, for the area that is to be covered, the grafts should be well sufficient. I understand u do not mind a second procedure but to be brutally honest, i think u should already attain your desired result after one pass. Fair to speak, i will not be thrilled if i were u. However, i guess sometimes, making noise about it does not help and since u are ready for a 2nd procedure, i would encourage u to go ahead!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Dear All.

Below was my comments on behalf of Dr Humayun Mohmand to our friend little wolf on 8th June 2010. I discussed his results with Dr Mohmand and we decided to give an honest opinion about his results.

Hello

Posted by khan : 6/8/2010 2:08:42 AM

Dear Mr little wolf

Hope you are well.

By looking at your results, I would rather give a very honest opinion that hair growth is only 50% which is not according to our expectations and standards( this may be because of human related factors or X,Y,Z factors etc). It may be because you are one of those rare cases who also show hair growth in 10-12 months which probably will not happen in your case. Still we should see for 2 more months.

If suppose the results are the same, then Dr. Humayun will not only offer you complementary surgery, but because you are a foreigner and especially traveled to Pakistan for HT surgery, will also offer free 2 nights stay, food, and 50% economy class ticket to Pakistan.

These facilities are not offered to over seas pakistanis because they visit their homes here. They are only offered complimentary surgeries.

Every surgical procedure has to have failure chances but the most important thing is that patient gets complete protection from the surgeon's side. And we hope to do the same.

Regards

khan.

There were patients who came to Dr humayun who were satisfied from there results, but Dr Humayun bieng not satisfied, offered them 2nd procedure on complementary basis.

We will stand on the offer we made in june 2010 to little wolf.

Comment Information

Edited by SHANGLA

I am patient Advisor to Dr. Humayun Mohmand Hair Transplant Institute, Pakistan. All opinions and views shared are my own. Not a medical professional.

I've read several complaints regarding Dr. Mohmand's HT results.

Dear RCwest

We will be highly obliged if you mention those complaints in detail, so that we will be able to improve ourself through your kind contribution.

your ifs and buts give us a chance to come up to our clients required level. your suggestions are always welcome.

Regards

I am patient Advisor to Dr. Humayun Mohmand Hair Transplant Institute, Pakistan. All opinions and views shared are my own. Not a medical professional.

It is very easy to blame the human factor. I believe if the person is of good health there is no reason why he would not achieve good growth. This is just a ploy to let the Dr. of the hook. If he only received 50% growth there is no logic in going back to the same Dr. even if you give a complimentary surgery and two free nights. What makes you so confidant that the second surgery would produce a better outcome. Just remember donor availability is finite.

• 2 weeks later...
It is very easy to blame the human factor. I believe if the person is of good health there is no reason why he would not achieve good growth. This is just a ploy to let the Dr. of the hook. If he only received 50% growth there is no logic in going back to the same Dr. even if you give a complimentary surgery and two free nights. What makes you so confidant that the second surgery would produce a better outcome. Just remember donor availability is finite.

Actually we are not blaming the human factor at all. All we are saying is irrespective to the cause of poor growth we take the responsibility.

Generally, there are two types of factor that can influence the growth

1) H Factor or human factor, that could be , Doctor, tech, dehydration of graft, difficult surgery, patients post operative care, smoking and so many others that could be a cause.

2 X Factor, a cause that we do not know of.........

in our set up, we do not blame things, we take the responsibility. This is how we do not let the doctor go off the hook, in fact to the contrary, he has to be responsible for every action that is taken directly by him or indirectly by his staff representing him, like Techs and the consultants.

with respect to whether we are confident if the results would be good, answer is YES we are, is there any gurantee, NO we cannot gurantee that it will be 100%. If we do that we would be lying.

will try to up load an example of poor growth and then second surgery result.

Actually we are not blaming the human factor at all. All we are saying is irrespective to the cause of poor growth we take the responsibility.

Generally, there are two types of factor that can influence the growth

1) H Factor or human factor, that could be , Doctor, tech, dehydration of graft, difficult surgery, patients post operative care, smoking and so many others that could be a cause.

2 X Factor, a cause that we do not know of.........

in our set up, we do not blame things, we take the responsibility. This is how we do not let the doctor go off the hook, in fact to the contrary, he has to be responsible for every action that is taken directly by him or indirectly by his staff representing him, like Techs and the consultants.

with respect to whether we are confident if the results would be good, answer is YES we are, is there any gurantee, NO we cannot gurantee that it will be 100%. If we do that we would be lying.

will try to up load an example of poor growth and then second surgery result.

We have done about 5000 surgeries in last 10 years, that means about 500 to 700 surgery a year. If out of 700 surgeries a year less than 7 people come back with a less than 50% growth and poor surgery, it makes it about 1% of poor growth. Which also means 99% of good results and that is why we get so many of patients, word of mouth. We think, its not bad with respect to statistics of a clinic but we also acknowledge that for that particular patient its 100% poor results, so we would like to do as much as possible to bring this 1% to 0% which is not possible practically. that is why we take the full responsibility.

• 2 weeks later...

littlewolf,

with all 2440 grafts in the front, you should have gotten a much much better result than what you have right now. may be Dr. Mohmand's techs were having a bad day when you had your procedure. I would definitely talk to the Doc, he may reimburse you for the lost grafts or he might throw in some free grafts if you decide to go for a 2nd procedure with him. keep us posted.

good luck.

Dear friend Anouar

I am sending you our patients link posted on HTN with excellent results. He got 20-30% less growth on the right side and we gave discount of about 40% in the 2nd session with happy ending. He was happy with even 1st session, but we told him that growth rate was not good on his right side.

will also try to post pics of another client soon.sorry for delay.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157144-dr-humayun-mohmands-patient-type-vi-4747-grafts-2-sessions.html#post2240380

Cheers

littlewolf,

Its a pretty good offer from the doc as SHANGLA said, "Dr. Humayun will not only offer you complementary surgery, but because you are a foreigner and especially traveled to Pakistan for HT surgery, will also offer free 2 nights stay, food, and 50% economy class ticket to Pakistan."

not every doc offers this, if I were you I would take it but obviously the decision is yours.

Mr. Shangla, it gives me little reasurance that you take full responsiblity. It sounds great. It's better then some of the butchers out there do. But in the end, personally, I would not be very confident. The problem here is donor availability. You simply can not get that back. I might be lured by the reduction in price and free night stay if it were a financial desicion. But if money was not a concern, I would go to someone else. There is a saying on this board that gets thrown out a lot and it goes like this "no doctor bats a thousand" but I bet there are doctors who are below,in the middle, and above average in this field. I have seen two documented cases on this site that would make me hesitate going to you. There is also something that disturbs me about your clinic. I believe you guys stated you do between 3 to 4 surgeries a day. That is quite a number. I would also feel uncomfortable with that. That is serious fatigue on the techs.

Anouar, my sentiments exactly. Though technically there is nothing wrong in having 3 or 4 surgeries a day, that thought just does not sit well with me. Docs and techs are all humans, the fatigue factor cannot be ignored. I would shun the clinic based on this reason as well.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Dear Friends

Shangla asked me to comment on this issue.

Well lets start with one thing.

We have 5 theaters for operation but Now I do only 3 surgery in a day but rarely if pressed I do 4 surgeries no more 5 or more.

So I have 17 Tech

12 in Islamabad, 5 in another close by city of Peshawar 2 hours drive

So when we have 3 or 4 surgeries each theatre gets 4 techs.

My time per patient from designing to strip and site preparation id about 1.30 hours.

so if i Start a surgery at 10 am then my work with all 3 theaters are done with by 2 pm max.

Most surgeries take about 6 hours on an average

its takes on an average of 4 well trained tech with more than 5 years of experience about 1 to 1.30 hours to cut about 600 to 700 grafts easily.

by the time the cutting and counting is done its about 1.30 pm.

here 30 minutes of break is given to the patient for a light snack and by this time all the four techs or especially the first pair will have an hour break and also had their lunch. they will start planting and in one hour time the second pair will come and start doing the surgery while they will have an hour break with tea or coffee. and this goes on for about 4 hours. so in essence each person will do on an average of not more than 4 hours. so is this enough to get fatigued? I think your stamina needs to be improved my friend.

Ok lets see some other well know doctors, they use between 4000 to 6000 grafts per session and if you ask them they have about 7 tech and they take about 8 to 10 hours some even as long as 12 hours with even larger numbers and I am sure lot of those data are available in the forum.

with 7 tech each tech will be still doing not less than 4 hours of proper work. so whats the difference?

I on an average do between 2500 to 3000 garfts some times much more but then those days we do lesser number.

I do not see any problems with the time. my tech come to clinic by 9.30 to 10 am and usually they are gone by 4 to 5 pm.

any problems with that time, i guess no

If still some one do not want to come, who is forcing them.

YES, I have few less than expected results but then who did not?

I have more than 98% well satisfied patients and that is why I am doing well. I do about 700 to 800 surgeries a year means about 7 to 14 less than perfect results can be expected and fatigue is not the only issue here my friend.

Why the rest of 98% are so happy.

If you remember and go to Abby's blog, he was so scared when he came to know that I do not use even a microscope, but ASK him what did he say before doing his second session? Doc its OK if you do not use the microscope cause by that time I was using it but for slivering only.

I respect your opinion but I am sorry, I do differ with you. 4 to 5 hours of physical work is a fatigue.......may be the techs who get fatigued so quickly are not been looked after

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Dr Mohmand, first of all, please do not take my post as degrading. I am not sure about Anouar but my point is simple. Its just something i cannot live with when it comes to choosing my HT surgeon. Just like some surgeons insist on shaving and some do not. Its just my personal preference to be pampered as the only person going thru the surgey under the doc and techs on that particular day. It just makes me feel confident. Thats all. I really hate to compare here but as far as my HT surgeon is concerned, i think he forms a team with an assistant surgeon. There were total 6 techs doing the implant with the doc supervising quite closely. I reckon there were at least a few more 'cutters' retrieving out the gratfs from the strip. Even so, the techs took about 7 to 8 hrs completing my surgery ( 3150 grafts ) I just pampered and confident of the whole process as this is, more often than not, a surgery most important comparatively to all of us hair losers. Only hair losers like us can understand the pain we go thru. I felt secure that i was the only one being operated on that day and thats very important to me psychologically.

Having said that, if my statement in my previous post affected u, my apologies but i stand firm on my grounds