Worst Sleep of my life.

Valium and Madol aren't doing jack shi**. I can walk around, stand up, and do stuff without any pain. Its only when i lay my head down on the pillow. It doesn't matter if I lay down on with the back of my head or the sides, it hurts like a motherf****. The valium did work cuz I somehow fell asleep without remembering, but it only lasted 1 REM sleep cycle (90-120 minutes). I'm awake at 2:45AM (thailand time). I'm seeing the doc in 6 hours (9am), but still, are there any other tricks or helpful hints to fall asleep?

i opted not to take any medication at all. I just stayed up on the computer or watched tv till i was soooo tired that i just passed out. Wasn't very comfortable to say the least but the pain was tolerable and remember, i didn't take any medication. Just have to bite the bullet and live with the discomfort for a few days. Believe me though... it was no fun and was frustrated like hell but its part of the healing process.

Valium and Madol aren't doing jack shi**. I can walk around, stand up, and do stuff without any pain. Its only when i lay my head down on the pillow. It doesn't matter if I lay down on with the back of my head or the sides, it hurts like a motherf****. The valium did work cuz I somehow fell asleep without remembering, but it only lasted 1 REM sleep cycle (90-120 minutes). I'm awake at 2:45AM (thailand time). I'm seeing the doc in 6 hours (9am), but still, are there any other tricks or helpful hints to fall asleep?

It is VERY helpful if you sleep on a recliner so there is less weight on the wound due to not laying flat. That is how i got through surgery #2. I learned from Surgery #1, where i was absolutely miserable sleeping. So this time around i got a recliner and i also got one fo those travel U-shaped pillows, so im my neck area is taking all of the contact forces.

There is a supplement you can get over the counter called Melatonin. It's excellent for promoting sleep.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hi,

My first night after my HT was a little rough and I didn't sleep that well. The following night I rolled up a towel and placed it on my pillow. I slept on my back using the towel to support my next which meant I didn't place any pressure on the rear of my head.

I hope this helps.

Btw which HT surgeon did your surgery?

Regards

Rod

my trave; pillow saved my life during the first month........ i propped my pillows up and adjusted the travel pillow inflation to just the correct hardness for best pain management!

the travell pillow is also good as like to sleep on my side but didnt want to put pressure on recipient site......... if you turn the pillow sides ways and lie with your ear or side of your head in the u shape of the pillow on your side i was able to find a position where non pressure was on scar or recipient site.......

and i could get a good sleep not perfect and still woke up tired but sleep none the less................

I think it affects us all differently. The first few nights were hard and I spent quite a bit of time experimenting with pillows and positions to get as comfortable as possible. You just have to work through it the best you can. It is worse for some, but your doctor should be able to help you.

My face didn't hurt but it swelled up and made me look like an alien "Klingon Warrior". That was tough as I hard to go to work that way!