11 Months and still NO HAIR GROWTH

sasha2077

I have had 3 hair restoration surgery's and two scar revisions.

1. 3700 grafts- hair club- Dr. Jon Gaffney did a terrible job

2. Found a new hair loss Dr. in Newport Beach.. Paid for 3000 grafts but I am sure they did only 3000 hairs and pretended they did 3000 grafts. Then did a free scar revision for me and supposedly 500 grafts for free.

3. Found what I thought was one of the best doctors in California. Went down to La Jolla. Did 2800 grafts, then 6 months later a scar revision surgery with 250 free grafts.

So no I am on 11 months after my last hair surgery of 2700 grafts and honestly dont think any hair has grown. It was mostly in the front and the front looks exactly the same despite taking propecia and rogaine.

So I am wondering if this is normal. I have heard that after each surgery and scar revision it takes longer for the hair to grow due to scar tissue and other factors.

Do you think it will start growing this late in the game. It will be 12 months in 4 weeks. I thought I was supposed to be fully grown by then, not just starting to grow.

But since I have had several procedures I am wondering if I should be concerned. My last doc obviously told me to wait a few more months.

Please advise

Well I really like him but did not think he really did 3000 grafts. The number of grafts is difficult to predict exactly. So when you pay for 3000 and they tell you that they got exactly 3000 its a bit suspicious. My first I paid for 3000 and got 3724, my second 3000/3000 (i dont think that's possible unless it was 3000 hairs) and the third one paid for 3000 and got 2864.

it was dr. meshkin in newport beach

Sasha,

I'm sorry to hear that for whatever reason, your hair transplant results don't appear to be taking. Since you've now had three hair transplants with three different surgeons and you aren't seeing results at all, I can only assume you may be one of the rare few that the procedure just isn't working for. I can't guarantee that's what's happening, but given that you've had 3 different doctors perform hair transplants and the hair just isn't growing, it's a possibility since this phenomenon (though rare) does exist.

Have you ever gone back to any of these physicians to garner their professional opinion on why the hair didn't grow?

Regarding Dr. Meshkin, why do you think you were only given 3000 hairs and not 3000 grafts? Dr. Meshkin is a reputable physician and recommended by this community. Thus, I feel confident that he wouldn't provide you with anything less than you paid for.

That said, I do think you should consult with each physician and discuss with them why you may not have gotten the results you were expecting. I also encourage you to share your photos (before and after each procedure) with this community so we have a better idea of what kind of results you've gotten.

Best wishes,

Bill

sasha2077,

In my opinion, you should have seen substantial growth by this point. It would help quite a bit if you would post some before and after photos so we can get an idea of what you are experiencing.

Have you spoken to your physician about this?

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

its highly unlikely that one person can have three surgeons and all three not doing good job.

There might be some other factor which is common and not giving you a good result.

Usually i think if you do not see any out come by 8 to 10 months nothing major will change in next few months. having said that, smoking is one factor that can reduce the hair growth significantly.

Humayun

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I agree with Dr. Mohmand. Can you post any pictures of you pre-op and any from your post op?

I assist the Italian with translation. I have seem MANY patients that have 3 procedures with different doctors that have recieved a bad job. You can have 10 procedures with 10 different doctors that do subpar work and still recieve a bad outcome. You can have 1 produre with an excellent doctor and recieve an outstanding result.

With all the patients that I have seen over the last 10 years I firmly believe that there are more doctor doing bad work than good work. So the odds of somebody that doesnt research finding a subpar doctor is extremely high.

Regardless Sasha I wish you a great outcome and hope that your have a satisfactory result.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 1 month later...
its highly unlikely that one person can have three surgeons and all three not doing good job.

There might be some other factor which is common and not giving you a good result.

Usually i think if you do not see any out come by 8 to 10 months nothing major will change in next few months. having said that, smoking is one factor that can reduce the hair growth significantly.

Humayun[/quote

would smoking medical marijuana be a factor is delayed hair growth? would it lead to slow growth or completely prevent any growth

I have read that smoking depletes vitamin B and greatly increases repair time for any surgery. An article I read stated, something about nerves and tissue repair being affected by smoking. I'd imagine both forms of smoking are dangerous as other chemicals could be introduced into the blood stream. I do know, that cigarettes have certain carcinogens and chemicals that do accelerate hair loss or cause it. I read all this, but the docs can probably give their professional input.