I've had it, getting micropigmentation tattooing into my old strip scars.

LT

After 2 failed HT there is no other option but getting tattoos into 2 old strip scars. I've met with Dr. Feller and Dr. Dorin within the past couple of years they said not sure they can improve my 2 old scars. I have thought about getting Fue into the scars but the Fue would just create more scars I'm done getting scars on my fricken head.

The place I'm going to get the micropigmentation tattooing is in the NYC area by a well known tattooing expert it will supposedly look like stubble hairs. The name of the place is Whitney Center for Permanent Cosmetics the tattooing is done by Melany Whitney who has appeared on Dr. Oz show.

If all goes well I will be buzzing my hair down with a 1 guard the way I used to do it. If she does a really good job on my scars I might even have her do the rest of my head to cover my bolding spots so it looks like a crew cut and be done with it. Let you guys know how it looks and post pics.

Blondedude,

Would you mind sharing a few pictures of the micropigmentation work with our community? David (TakingThePlunge) and I have tried to locate solid information and write articles on follicular unit transplantation (FUT) scar micropigmentation in the pase, but struggled to find many solid examples, practices, or patient experiences.

LT,

Good luck, and please keep us updated on your progress. As I say with any procedure (be it hair transplantation or other), please keep researching, asking questions, and consulting until you are 100% satisfied and ready to commit. I really look forward to following the progress!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I actually had Mellany Whitney do scar camouflage on me for a scar on my arm and she is top notch. She is the best out there and I highly recommend her, quite the personality too.

Wow, great to hear from someone that had work down by M. Whitney. Sounds like she did a great job for you. Did you get to see any other work she's done while you were there?

I'm getting my 2 old strips scars tattooed so I can buzz my hair down to a 1# guard again. I have seen pics on their website with some people even getting bold areas tattooed. It would be ideal if I can get bold area tattooed to look like a crew cut.

Blondedude,

Would you mind sharing a few pictures of the micropigmentation work with our community? David (TakingThePlunge) and I have tried to locate solid information and write articles on follicular unit transplantation (FUT) scar micropigmentation in the pase, but struggled to find many solid examples, practices, or patient experiences.

LT,

Good luck, and please keep us updated on your progress. As I say with any procedure (be it hair transplantation or other), please keep researching, asking questions, and consulting until you are 100% satisfied and ready to commit. I really look forward to following the progress!

Hey Future_HT_Doc,

If you go look up The Whitney Center of Permanent Cosmetics there are pics of tattooing into old strip scars and even into balding areas making look like a very short buzzed haircut.

What a pleasant surprise reading this thread.

I have been kicking this idea around for awhile now. I am basically waiting to have my last strip procedure done come January.

Then depending on how it works out, try to soften the scar as much as possible and potentially have the tat done.

My scar is not horrible, however what is bad is the shock loss. The hairs that were taken have a large thin portion, which looks like a giant scar.

If I grow my hair to looks like a giant strip scar from the thin patch, if I cut it to short you can see the scar...

Ideally I am hoping Dr Feller can help minimize the thin looking area with my next strip procedure, and then around the 1 year mark if all is well. get the tattooing procedure done.

btw, how natural does it look with regard to a number 2 buzz?

Will it fade over time looking ridiculous?

Thanks

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 1 month later...
Wow, great to hear from someone that had work down by M. Whitney. Sounds like she did a great job for you. Did you get to see any other work she's done while you were there?

I'm getting my 2 old strips scars tattooed so I can buzz my hair down to a 1# guard again. I have seen pics on their website with some people even getting bold areas tattooed. It would be ideal if I can get bold area tattooed to look like a crew cut.

LT, did you finnaly went to see her? how did it go?

• 2 years later...
After 2 failed HT there is no other option but getting tattoos into 2 old strip scars. I've met with Dr. Feller and Dr. Dorin within the past couple of years they said not sure they can improve my 2 old scars. I have thought about getting Fue into the scars but the Fue would just create more scars I'm done getting scars on my fricken head.

The place I'm going to get the micropigmentation tattooing is in the NYC area by a well known tattooing expert it will supposedly look like stubble hairs. The name of the place is Whitney Center for Permanent Cosmetics the tattooing is done by Melany Whitney who has appeared on Dr. Oz show.

If all goes well I will be buzzing my hair down with a 1 guard the way I used to do it. If she does a really good job on my scars I might even have her do the rest of my head to cover my bolding spots so it looks like a crew cut and be done with it. Let you guys know how it looks and post pics.

How did it go with tatoo? I'm in same crappy situation.