Yankeesfan - HT with Dr. Feller March '09

Hey guys. I recently had my surgery with Dr Feller in the beginning of March 2009. The surgery day flew by and it wasn't that painful. Dr Feller and his staff were very professional and I am looking forward to the upcoming months. If I did everything correctly, my weblog should be in my signature. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks

Yeah conditioner will be fine.

Looks looks really good but whats REALLY REALLY important is that you rethink propecia.

If not you could be in some real trouble in as early as 2 years.

I understand the sides and they go away in alot of guys with continued use.

At the very least try it MON WED FRI even if its .05 each dose.

Nothing worse then going through all this just to feel the exact same way in 2 years

Yank,

I have a real good feeling from your pics. The work looks super clean and so Dr Feller-esque. You have a good deal of hair anyway and Im sure with these 2k+ grafts, your result will be nothing short of sensational. May the months ahead pass quickly!!!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Your ten day pics look super clean!! Enjoy the buzzed look for a week or so more and then begin saying "bye bye" to those grafts for a couple of months. But they will return!

Be careful with what shampoo you use, as you don't want to use one that is too harsh in terms of chemicals at this point.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Djjr1, Bill, Mgem, Raphael84- Thank you for the encouraging words, I appreciate it!

Eman- yeah I have been enjoying the buzzed look but as you said the grafts have started to fall out these past few days. Today is my 3 week mark and I am sure they will be all gone in the next week or so. I plan to put up some pics at the 1 month mark.

dakota3- thanks for the hair comments...but don't hate on the Yankees. You sound like a red sox fan...am i right?

Acrobaz- I am a few weeks behind you and I hope my hair can return to pre-op status as well as yours did.

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated my weblog with my 1-month photos. It seems that most of my grafts have fallen out(E-man you were right!) but it is tough to tell which is my natural hair or transplanted grafts that are holding on. Take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks everyone.

You might be lucky and some of those stragglers will hold on. I had many that did as well and eventually had to trim them with a scissors when the other hairs popped out.

Still a little pink and I dealt with the same for a long time too. But overall looks super clean and the buzz cut suits you well.

Thanks for the update!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Looks like good progress, yankeesfan!

Did you and Dr. Feller address the thinning area in your mid-scalp, directly behind your forelock?

Also, your forelock (which still seems fairly thick in the pre-op images) appears quite red in your immediate post-ops pics. Did you have hairs transplanted between all the existing forelock hairs? Or only around the outer edges?

Yes, originally we were going to only go for grafts in the front 1/3 but Dr feller went a little further back into my head to provide some coverage if and when that area starts to go. If that area starts to go he said I had plenty of Donor for another surgery to solve that problem. Hopefully that is a couple years away. The forelock area was going to be left alone but towards the end of the surgery we had some extra grafts and Dr Feller placed some in that area, but not as dense as the rest of the scalp.

Quick question for everyone. I am looking into getting something to help hide my scar and it seems that a few people suggest courve. Would someone recommend the color that I should get? Can someone look at my pictures and suggest a color? I was thinking light brown. Also, do you guys suggest something else other than courve ? Thanks!

Your at around the 40 day mark Post op right? If so, I would think the scar would be pretty well hidden by now, no??

BYW - I would use a light brown Courve or Dermatch if I were you.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I have just hit the 2 month mark. I still have some numbness above my scar and on my recipient area. The redness has improved over the past month and the tightness on the back of my head is all but gone. There seems to be some shock loss in the recipient area but it doesn't seem that bad. I could be seeing things but there might be a few hairs starting to grow already. Most likely I am seeing things but is that possible at 2 months? I took some close ups of the area...let me know if you see anything in the pictures on my blog. Thanks!