I want a new hairline

See more info on me here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/156912-so-what-do-you-guys-think.html

I wanna change it so it is more straight. I'm tired of having to style my hair in a way that artificially makes my hairline look straight. I don't give care if I run out of grafts in case of future loss--i'll wear a piece and or take my chances with the possibility of new treatments. I plan on being on propecia, rogaine, and topical spiro for life, so I doubt i'd progress far anyway.

I want a FUE, and I want it lowered to how it was when I was 14.

Are they any transplant doctors willing to do so?

This is exactly what I wanted to acheive when I was 22, but it all went pear shaped with crap doctors. Doesnt have to be like that for you though, I guess there are a few doctors that would consider this. One of them being Armani although his results do vary quite a lot. The other being Dr Keser, the results I have seen from him have always been stellar. Come to think of it HDC might straighten your hairline for you aswell.

I'm not saying I recommend you getting your hairline made straight, but I think when it comes down to it, its probably something your going to do regardless, so its better that you dont get butchered.

This is exactly what I wanted to acheive when I was 22, but it all went pear shaped with crap doctors. Doesnt have to be like that for you though, I guess there are a few doctors that would consider this. One of them being Armani although his results do vary quite a lot. The other being Dr Keser, the results I have seen from him have always been stellar. Come to think of it HDC might straighten your hairline for you aswell.

I'm not saying I recommend you getting your hairline made straight, but I think when it comes down to it, its probably something your going to do regardless, so its better that you dont get butchered.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know about Armani. He is too expensive.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Dr. Keser so far. Problem is he's in the middle east (i think). I'm the US. I think I'd only need like 600 grafts anyway.

Yeah, I wouldnt go with Armani, mainly because of his mixed results, hes just one of the docs that would do your hairline. You could always ask Feller and Shapiro, doesnt hurt to ask.

Say, sparky, based on my pics, how many grafts do you think I'd need? Like 600?

Dr. Cole looks good, too.

are you serious when you say that you want to restore your "14 year old hairline"???

reality check - your hair is never going to look like that again. accept the hand nature dealt you and get more realistic goals for yourself.

I think your 20 yr old hairline pics look great. I definitely wouldn't suggest you lower it. if you do, you'll most likely have a very unnatural looking head of hair for the rest of your life!

See more info on me here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/156912-so-what-do-you-guys-think.html

I wanna change it so it is more straight. I'm tired of having to style my hair in a way that artificially makes my hairline look straight. I don't give care if I run out of grafts in case of future loss--i'll wear a piece and or take my chances with the possibility of new treatments. I plan on being on propecia, rogaine, and topical spiro for life, so I doubt i'd progress far anyway.

I want a FUE, and I want it lowered to how it was when I was 14.

Are they any transplant doctors willing to do so?

Given your age, and your family history, I personally would not perform surgery in your case. While you indeed feel that you "won't care" as it were to "wear a piece" or "take your chances" later on down the road, I feel quite strongly that one of my roles as a physician is to first and foremost "do no harm". While it it not a good feeling to lose ones hair, there is one situation that feels far worse: that's being in your thirties or forties with a transplant that was poorly planned and feeling as though you have to hide under a hat forever. I feel it is my responsibility NOT to contribute to that sceanario.

I would recommend finasteride and/or minoxidil at this time only.

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

thing is I like having my hair short. And I hate having to grow my hair out to style it in a way that covers my temples. I hate the mature receded (even though my hairline hasn't fully matured) look and it doesn't look right on me. I'd be happy enough to have my 14 y/o hairline and continue buzzing it down even if my hair loss were to progress even while on meds.

Edited by NorwoodScale

Well said Dr Carman, great advice. Norwood, IMO there is nothing wrong with your hair it's fine mate. Use your money wisely spend it on having fun. What was it George Best said: "I spent a lot of my money on booze, women and fast cars, the rest I just squandered." :)

Do you know how many people on here would LOVE to have your hairline? Including ME! :D If you can talk a doctor into doing it though, just make sure to use a good one. The temple is a very noticeable area if it gets scarred.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Do you know how many people on here would LOVE to have your hairline? Including ME! :D If you can talk a doctor into doing it though, just make sure to use a good one. The temple is a very noticeable area if it gets scarred.

Looks like it is going to be tough.

Quite frankly I am still confused on the whole propecia thing. You'll have doctors say that it may "reverse the balding process in the young male" and at the same time say it only works to slow the loss. Which is it? If it's reversing the balding process, isn't that more than slowing the loss?

My hairline has been the same since I was 18 with the same miniaturization on my right hand side of my temple--once it's gone, one side of my hairline will be in prototypical v-shape mature hairline form. I'm surprised it isn't gone yet. Started taking propecia in january of this year and my hair has been the same. I did not even have a shed, not even on the right side where I have miniaturized hair in the temples. Also, one thing I don't like about my hairline is it has the "feathered" look when I flip my hairline up to style it. I hate the feathered look and wish to get rid of it. I like very thick looking hairlines.

I am now going to be adding rogaine and 5% topical spiro to my regimen. And If I could, I'd switch to avodart instead of propecia. I've taken 3 pills of propecia in a day just to see how it'd impact my libido, and not any kind of difference. Anyway, I am very serious about staying on meds for life (not like I have much of a choice considering my family history anyway). Between Propecia, Rogaine, topical spiro ( I know doctors debate its effectiveness), and future treatments such as histogen down the road, I don't think I am in any real trouble of progressing toward a NW7 or even a NW6.

I'd still like to get the procedure done if it is possible, as I know I wouldn't need many grafts, but I would settle for just allowing to let a doctor see my scalp and map it and give me an honest opinion as to what I should do.

One thing is for sure though, I hate the "mature" hairline look and the big foreheads I see on many hair transplant patients because of their hairlines being placed in the "mature" position. Even if I were to lose future hair that would require a transplant to restore, I still would not settle for the "mature" hairline position. I'd insist on it being lower than even my current hairline. I'd rather have a lower-thicker hairline and a slick-bald crown than a mature hairline with a thin crown after hair transplant procedures if I were to ever progress to a NW6 or NW7 anyway.

I'd like a hairline like either of these. Then I can buzz my hair short (as I'd prefer to do), and not have to worry about growing my hair out and styling it every morning in a way that covers my temples.:

eminem-relapse-2009.jpg

or like this

Matthew-Fox.jpg

Edited by NorwoodScale

hi there... i know it really differs for each individual as in the effect of each hair loss.. but seriously whats wrong with your hairline? it looks completely gd with me.

If its working, dun fix it... but i cant speak for u

Sparky's right.. if u insist in doing, hopefully u listen to the more experienced guys here and look for one of the recommended doctors and not settle for anyone who would just knive ur head willingly for some paper in ur wallet and leaving u with a result u might regret... since u get so uptight with a loss i cannot really see from the pics... imagine urself getting a scar for no reason... i cant imagine how u will react...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

A lot of soap opera stars have this very operation to keep their juvenile hairline. If you ever notice the younger guys, even the ones in their 30's, they have a juvenile hairline.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D