Booked With Dr. Madhu July 31

TomA

I'm going in for my second procedure--this time with Dr. Madhu--on July 31, based on his recommendation on this site.

Let me say that I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Dr. Path, but I will be in India anyway and Dr. Madhu has excellent prices AND an open slot on the weekend. Round trip flights from Delhi to Hyderabad are only $100!

Edited by TomA

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

Best of luck on your second hair transplant with Dr. Madhu! Please keep us posted on your progress.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

hello tomA.good luck on your up comeing procedure with dr madhu in my and many others opinions is a excellant ht doc,what is it you intend to have addressed this time?anyway like i say all the best with it and have a nice day.....

Tom,

Congratulations on your decision to move forward with hair transplant number 2. I believe you've selected a quality surgeon and I hope you'll share and document your progress with us on this forum.

Start doing those scalp exercises now :-).

All the Best,

Bill

Thanks everyone... I'm intending to do as much as I can with the crown.

Thanks BigBill, yes, Dr. Path did a great job with 3300 grafts.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

OH, Bill... about the scalp exercises. Yeah, I know I should be doing that. Do they really help a lot? Any special tips? Are they still effective with only 3 weeks or so to go?

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Tom, i posted in another thread as well but i m really curious. I mean, since Dr Pat did a good job, and i am sure being the operating surgeon, he would know very well all the scar lines etc. I just thought it would be less mind numbling to go back to the same doc. :)

Anyway, like i said before, your transformation under Dr Pat was simply stunning! Your pictures give many people hope :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Well,

1. I've not an exceptionally risk averse person. (Keep in mind that I went to Dr. Path based on my own research before he was ever recommended here.)

2. I will be in India anyway.

3. Dr. Madhu had an opening with less than a month's notice. Dr. Path typically requires 3 or more.

4. Dr. Madhu is currently at $1.10 per graft--an incredible price when you are earning in Dollars and paying in Rupees. Dr. Path is at $2.85 per. Maybe a $4k difference in the final analysis.

Actually, as long as the Doc is good, I'm not very concerned. I have a feeling that Dr. Madhu will simply cut both sides of the same line, but I will be sure to ask him about that, thanks for the tip.

My scar is very nearly invisible, and that is the biggest concern for me, I suppose. I have had several RNs that couldn't find it. Dr. Path seems to an especially good job in that regard. I haven't heard anything about Dr. Madhu in terms of scars.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi Tom!

1) On the contrary, i am a very risk averse person which is why i went thru all the online postings of patients under Dr Pat, and of cos your case, before deciding :) You were part of my confidence booster :)

3) I concur with that. I cancelled my initial may booking due to the riots and by the time i wanted to book, i had to wait until at least july. However, someone cancelled last minute and i got the slot in mid june!

4) Both docs are equally reasonable in pricing compared to the european side...

Oh yah, abt the scar, i posted my 1 month post op pics yesterday. Did yours look like mine post op 1 month? The guys are saying the scar looks ok but it seems i had quite bad shock loss... Your comments very much appreciated!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Good luck Tom..........Keep us posted.

#1 HT by Dr. Rahal on 08-21-08

Strip 26.6 cm

Total 4308 grafts

-1116 single grafts

-2287 double grafts

-898 triple grafts

-7 quad grafts

Total Hairs: 8412

Medications:

Minoxidil 5%

Finasteride 1 mg daily

Hi Tom!

1) On the contrary, i am a very risk averse person which is why i went thru all the online postings of patients under Dr Pat, and of cos your case, before deciding :) You were part of my confidence booster :)

3) I concur with that. I cancelled my initial may booking due to the riots and by the time i wanted to book, i had to wait until at least july. However, someone cancelled last minute and i got the slot in mid june!

4) Both docs are equally reasonable in pricing compared to the european side...

Oh yah, abt the scar, i posted my 1 month post op pics yesterday. Did yours look like mine post op 1 month? The guys are saying the scar looks ok but it seems i had quite bad shock loss... Your comments very much appreciated!

Ha. I am in Bangkok now, and have been since May. To let you know how risk averse I am NOT, I have pix of me by the red shirt stage on my Facebook page. I also have pix of me holed up on a small soi (alley) in Bangkok hiding out from the May 19 snipers who ended up killing a couple people.

Wow... you were lucky to get that appointment!

Looks fine to me. You can see my 1 month scar on my blog (I think). It was just OK at 1 month (still quite red), but by 6 months it was hard to find. I had a lot of shock loss, too. It was my biggest concern AFTERWARD. But it all came back--don't worry about it at all.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi TOMA

Good luck on your proecedure with Dr. Madhu....i would be interested in following your progress coz i havent seen a lot of results from him yet!!!I hope you will keep us posted..

and when in hyderabad, try to see if you can eat some Biryani if you like Indian food...Biryanis over there are the best in the world

Tom,

haha wow u must be joking! U are one daring man :) I cannot remember if i had seen your scar but i know u left a deep impression as u had one of the best transformations under Dr Pat. Is your wife following u to India? Hows your thai language now? :)

Anyway thanks for the comments and gd luck with the surgery!

Remember to keep us posted!

Not joking. Check here: Bangkok Red Zone (the ones at the end are the ones where we got pinned down by the snipers for a few hours).

Yes she is going to India. We pretty much go everywhere together--though she wouldn't go near Rajaprasong during the protests.

My poor Thai language is why we got trapped by the snipers. The Thais in the area started yelling and disappeared--I didn't understand what they were saying. (Apparently it was something like get the **** out of here there are snipers around!) I was showing several British journalists around the area when I walked right up to an RTA soldier who was crouched down and pointing his M-16 directly up at me. The full story is under one of the photos at the end of that set.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

LOL... you guys are funny.

Well, I leave for India in 5 days. Will visit Dr. Madhu on the 30th for an overview and then have the surgery on the 31st. I only have two apprehensions at this point:

1. The PAIN on the first night. I hope he gives me something pretty strong as it was nearly unbearable after my first one. I just had paracematol (Asian for acetaminophen) and whoa... that night sucked.

2. Hoping the scar ends up looking as good the second time around!

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hey Tom, i second your opinion. The op was seriously quite painless but the first night was quite unbearable after the meds cool off... I somehow remembered that around 1 or 2am, the pain lessened tremendously and i did not experience much pain from then on...

Hi Tom,

I am in hyderabad, I want to meet you when you come here. I am planning for a HT with Dr.Madhu

Thanks.

That would be cool. I will be there on July 29th or 30th and will be flying back to BKK on August 2.

Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated!

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

SURGERY TODAY! A bit nervous... mostly about the pain tonight. :D

Had a consultation with Dr. Madhu yesterday. He recommended 300-500 grafts on the front left and the rest in the crown area. Due to laxity, he believes we will only get 2000-2200 this session--still not enough to cover the crown--however he will take as much as possible. Rather than covering the entire crown sparsely, he recommended continuing to work backward which will both provide better coverage and make a future transplant easier to do without a shave.

Apparently, I have enough donor for at least one additional session in the future.

OK, I'm off to surgery!

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Tom,

Congratulations on your decision to move forward with hair transplant number 2. I believe you've selected a quality surgeon and I hope you'll share and document your progress with us on this forum.

Start doing those scalp exercises now :-).

All the Best,

Bill

Hi Bill, Sorry am new in this forum. Can you tell me or point me where i can read up on scalp exerciss i.e how to do em and the benefits etc. As considering Ht soon.Thx