Booked With Dr. Madhu July 31

TomA

Dr. Madhu has wifi!

I'm out of surgery and feeling very good... due to the meds I'm sure. I had 2249 grafts--the doctor's estimate was VERY close. Things went fast, too. I arrived at 9:30, due to myriad problems (having nothing to do with the clinic OR my hair) which the friendly staff is helping me to solve. We started at 10:20 and finished at 15:30 so 5:10 total, and I took two bathroom breaks.

About 500 grafts were placed in the front hairline to thicken that up a bit. The rest were placed in the back toward the crown. If all goes well, I will go from a relatively large bald spot to a much smaller bald spot. I'll need one more for complete coverage according to Dr. Madhu (and Dr. Path told me the same thing several years ago).

One difference this time is that I was awake for a much longer part of the surgery. I also got to see what some of the grafts looked like.

Everyone here was wonderful, by the way. It has been a great experience thus far!

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello tomA,glad to hear everything went well,try to stay out of trouble while your there no gun battles and such,hope you don't experience to much pain from the procedure,wish you a speedy recovery and 100% growth,all the best and have a nice day.......

LOL... ok, I'm just sitting quietly in my hotel.

No pain whatsoever so far and it is already 11:00 PM.

By the way, Dr. Madhu said that my scar from Dr. Path was hard to find--nearly invisible in some places--making it hard to follow when removing the strip from the donor area. He told me that he did the best he could to follow it. He also told me that he learned his closing technique from Dr. Path and he does it exactly the same way, but that second transplants rarely have a scar so invisible and that I should be prepared for that.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Tom, oh so Dr Madhu had learnt and sort of modelled after Dr Pat's closing technique? My pt is not to demeanour Dr Madhu in any sense but it relieves me to know that Dr Pat's closing is that good! U goto understand i am at the 2mth mark so my scar has not taken the full shape yet so kinda concerned :)

upload some photos mate we are waiting hahaha!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Tom, oh so Dr Madhu had learnt and sort of modelled after Dr Pat's closing technique? My pt is not to demeanour Dr Madhu in any sense but it relieves me to know that Dr Pat's closing is that good! U goto understand i am at the 2mth mark so my scar has not taken the full shape yet so kinda concerned :)

That is my understanding. Dr. Path does demonstrations for other surgeons.

upload some photos mate we are waiting hahaha!

New photos are now available in my blog.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Oddly, though the scabs are long gone, almost none of the transplanted hairs have fallen out yet.

I do have the same horrible shock loss behind the ears that I had the first time, though. At least this time I am not worried about it, but I hate having to wear a hat everywhere I go.

I will post a one month update in my weblog in about a week.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks everyone... I'm intending to do as much as I can with the crown.

Thanks BigBill, yes, Dr. Path did a great job with 3300 grafts.

How about the scar? How noticeable is it? I may get an HT with Dr. Path next month but I'm still undecided because of the scar. I'm worried that it will show through if I get my hair cut short.

Garet, from your post in another thread, i guessed as much that you are referring to Dr Pat :)

I was talking to Tom A some time back, feel free to browse thru this threads but i remembered very clearly he mentioned that the scar is virtually undetetectable. I am at 2 months post op so i cannot comment yet.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

The vast majority of the new hairs have not shed! My wife says that they appear to be about 1 cm longer now. I'm cautiously optimistic that they are not going to fall out at this point. This got me thinking about what would have been different this time around (because the hairs did shed with the scabs after my first transplant). I remember Dr. Madhu's staff spraying my head continuously during the procedure with some type of liquid, and I do not remember that happening the first time around. Dr. Madhu also gave me a bottle of liquid to spray my head with every 1-2 hours for the first day after the transplant. He said that it would help with the survival rate of the grafts. The bottle was marked with a tag that said only, "Dr. Madhu's Advanced Hair Transplant Center."

I remember that the other guy here that posted a lot of pics from Dr. Madhu got immediate growth as well. I'm starting to wonder whether this spray is the reason. Has Dr. Madhu solved the shedding problem?

Garet: Dr. Madhu had trouble finding the scar from Dr. Path, if that helps. He said that in many areas it was completely invisible and he was unable to follow it. When a top HT surgeon cannot find your scar at point blank range under bright surgical lighting, I guess that's pretty good.

Edited by TomA

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi Tom,

Is been 25 days after my HT with Dr.Madhu and still haven't shed many transplanted hairs they are growing they are alsmost 1cm as in your case. I did use thespray you said on the first day every 1 hour I think. I thought transplanted hair has to fall out before they begin growth. I have never read transplanted hair growing straight away without shedding did any one come across such case transplanted hair growing straight away?

hi pamb, no there are already documented cases whereby the HT hair can grow right from the start but thats quite rare. To be honest, check out my 1 month pic. The HT hair were mostly in tact, but now at 2.5months, i think i have shed most of them and even had some shock loss!

Not to discourage u in any way but do keep your fingers crossed!

hello toma and jambalapamb.one of the worst things imo about ht's is the shedding of the transplanted hair but to have no shed and growth from day one it must be hard to remove the smiles off your faces,do either of you intend to ask dr madhu what the spray consisted of as it seems very coincidental you both not shedding,i sincerely hope you both carry on growing with no shedding,all the best and have a nice day....

Well that's the third case of this that I have seen from Dr. Madhu. Yeah, wb280, they may still shed, but mine shed completely after one month the first time and I had growth beginning at around three months--which I think is a typical pattern.

Actually,1966kph, for ME the worst part is the shockloss behind the ears which I had with BOTH transplants. If it wasn't for the shockloss, I would look normal at this point except for the slight, (but noticeable if you look) disturbance in the hair along the scar area. I have no hope of looking normal for at least another month to 6 weeks. Luckily I'm on a sabbatical this semester! :) I might go back and ask him at some point, but I didn't really think much about it.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 month later...

TomA,

I've already booked my consultation with Dr Madhu and was told by a lady that they would send me an email. They have yet to pick up the Money Transfer and yet to send me a confirmation email. As a matter of fact, they pretty much stopped replying to my emails. Now I'm not complaining to you about this. I'm just wondering how you got it all set up. Because I'm having a huge problem here. BTW I'm in the US.

Hi,

I would recommend that to you that the clinic provide you with a written confirmation that they have received your wire transfer.

I wire transfered the deposit and approx cost of my surgery to DHT Clinic in Bangkok a few months before I had the surgery. The reason I did this was to prevent myself getting stressed about trying to pay for the procedure whilst I was in a foreign currency.

When I went for the consultation at DHT Clinic it took a while for them to confirm that the funds had been received. No problems with the procedure but it is nice to have all of this sorted prior to having the consultation and prodedure.

Regards

rod

Rod, for me, i wired the money a month prior to surgery and a couple days later, Dr Oravan emailed me that they have received. I guess its fine and not a major issue as long as they confirm that the funds are received.

Sullirock, i am surprised to hear that from u. I do not think there is any major holidays in India unless u count the commonwealth games :) They should have replied by now, Did u make sure your emails were in fact, sent?

TomA,

I've already booked my consultation with Dr Madhu and was told by a lady that they would send me an email. They have yet to pick up the Money Transfer and yet to send me a confirmation email. As a matter of fact, they pretty much stopped replying to my emails. Now I'm not complaining to you about this. I'm just wondering how you got it all set up. Because I'm having a huge problem here. BTW I'm in the US.

Strange. Maybe your email is going to their spam box?

I set it up while I was in Bangkok by phone. I wired the money and then called immediately afterward ant they confirmed having received it.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi,

DHT Clinic responds to this email address:

path_d@hotmail.com

I find that if I use the other email address listed on the website I don't seem to get responses.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Rod

ps I would suggest that prior to going for your HT that you get a HIV, HEP B & C test completed. Whilst they do test on the day I was told that sometimes they get false positives and this is the last thing that you need to face before having your HT.

• 1 month later...

hi,

I booked a Hair transplant operation with Dr. Madhu for the 22nd of Dec. I have the same kind of story as yours (went to Dr. Path about 2 years ago, then decided to go to Dr. Madhu this time)

I ve read your thread and I hope the recovery and growing up are getting fine with you.

how is the shock loss area looking now? Did you hair start to grow up already?

It s been nearly 4 months that you had the operation, any chance to see some recent photos?

thanks

He booked me on the 22nd for consultation and operation on the same day, but also 23rd if anything wrong happens at the consultation or if I couldnt make the trip yet.

I hope to do it soonner though.

But anyway I guess I ll have to go back there next for shampoo and check up the next day.

so we ll probably see each other there.

I m planning to stay in india 2 weeks until Jan 6th to relax.

Very intersting.. I have many friends in asia that doesnt want to travel all the way to the west for a trasnplant... In you own point of view, which work did you like more in terms of denisty, quality and all.. Dr Path from Thailand or Dr. Madhu from India??? They are the only two recognized doctors in this community from asia?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know what type of visa I should be getting for this transplant in India? I'm departing from the US and Dr. Madhu said to get a tourist visa but my concern is when I leave the country and take my hat off at the airport (Indian) they'll see my procedure. Now this isn't a problem if they don't consider an HT a medical procedure. So should it be a tourist or a medical visa? Medical visas are like a year in length. I only need 3 days. Plus if I just don't shave it, maybe it won't be so noticeable when I leave India. Not trying to avoid getting a medical visa. Just want to get the right one. Thanks.

-Added-

This is what a medical visa is. It doesn't state anything but ailments as cause for medical tourism.

A Medical Visa is given to those seeking medical treatment only in reputed/recognized specialized hospitals/treatment centers in India. Up to two attendants who are blood relatives are allowed to accompany the applicant under separate Medical Attendant visas, and the Medical Attendant visa will have the same validity as the Medical visa.

Although not exhaustive, the following list of ailments would be of primary consideration: Serious ailments like neuro-surgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart-related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantation; congenital disorders; gene-therapy; radio-therapy; plastic surgery; joint replacement, etc.

The initial duration of the visa is up to a year or the period of the treatment, whichever is less. The visa will be valid for a maximum of 3 entries during the 1 year.

Please note the visa is valid beginning on the day it is issued. So a 6 Month visa issued on January 1 would be valid until June 30

Edited by sullirock