Need help on deciding a FUE HT doctor

I'm new to the forums, but I've been reading here and there for over 5 years now. I started receding at the age of 21. I am turning 30 this year. I need help finding a doctor that is familiar with asian hair. I am also concerned about a natural hairline too. Though I am 30, I look as though I am in my early 20's, so I would like a hairline that matches my appearance. Currently, I am at the Norwood 2 scale. My hair looks like it's stablized all around except the hairline area. I am currently on proscar.

Thanks everyone for helping.

CallMeStupid,

Welcome to the Hair Restoration Discussion Forums! I commend you for thoroughly researching options before your hair transplant procedure. This work will pay off in the end! Currently, we do not recommend any hair restoration physicians in Utah, but do endorse world-class physicians in California, Nevada, Arizona, and Colorado.

Additionally, as Sparky mentioned, traveling for a state of the art hair transplant procedure is almost always worth the trip. I suggest adding some information to your social profile, or creating a weblog and documenting your hair restoration journey. This allows the community to offer more accurate and helpful suggestions and advice. You're also welcome to use the forum search function to search hair transplant surgeons you're considering, and complete further research at the Hair Loss Q & A blog, and the Hair Loss Learning Center.

Good luck! Please feel free to ask any additional questions, and keep researching!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I just had a 700 FUE session with Dr. Harris who is located in Denver, CO. He is recomended on here and I have heard nothing but good things. He did a great job on me all though I am still waiting to see the results as I only had the procedure done a few weeks ago. I will be updating my hair loss blog (link is below) very soon and you can take a look at some of the pics. My story is similar to yours as we are both young and experienceing hair loss. Let me know if you want to know more about Dr. Harris and his team. I will try to answer any quetions oyu have as good as I can. Good Luck!

callmestupid,

make sure you find a doc that is easy to work with, someone who can listen to you and have your best interests, this is a cosmetic surgery and you should be able to call most of the shots. I recommend, Dr. Ron Shapiro, Dr. Wong, Dr. Paul Rose - basically you need a down to earth guy, not an arrogant personality.

• 11 months later...

I had a meeting with Dr Lindsey in London on Saturday and found him to be honest, "non-salesy" and realistic, a really useful experience. I found out he was in London through Spex and after a couple of e-mails I booked in to meet him. The old advice about meeting your doc is spot on.

Whilst writing, I bought Spex's Maximum Hair, Minimum Loss download and it was really useful to me in giving me clear info and talking of the possible side effects such as shock loss. For me, at the end of the day I have decided to shave it and move on and not have a HT which is the right decision for me considering everything. But if I had decided to have one, I would be seriously be considering Dr Lindsey and would definately be maintaining contact with Spex.

Here is the link to Dodger's Hair Restoration Website. He did, in fact, have FUE with Dr. Ron Shapiro.

"Completed a 3 day FUE session with Dr. Ron at Shapiro Medical Group on 6/9/2010. Total graft count was 2,300. 4,155 total hairs."

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Here is the link to Dodger's Hair Restoration Website. He did, in fact, have FUE with Dr. Ron Shapiro.

"Completed a 3 day FUE session with Dr. Ron at Shapiro Medical Group on 6/9/2010. Total graft count was 2,300. 4,155 total hairs."

Dodger got an awesome result. One of the most natural looking Ive seen

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874