Albion71's Hair Transplant with Dr. Kulahci - Hair Loss Blogs

Congratlations to Albion71 on his recent hair transplant with Dr. Kulahci. To read his detailed experience and view his before and surgical photos, visit his newly created hair loss blogs on his social profile. Currently, Albion71 has created the following blogs.

Before

Consultation and Operation

Day 3

Let's congratulate him on his hair transplant procedure by posting comments on this discussion topic and on his blogs.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Albion71,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant procedure. Your profile and photo albums look great, and I hope you'll continue to update the community with future progress. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

congrats on your procedure. thinkin about goin with kulahci myself. she seems to be a miracle worker with small graft sessions. but a little worried that she doesn't actually perform the surgery herself. mainly because of other posts I read on here about the lack of professionalism by some of the other surgeons at transmed. I know she's the only recommended surgeon from the clinic. that's why I would want her & only her to perform the operation. is it normal for doctors to let their assistants do all the grafts?....and if you don't mind, could you please let us know how much kulahci charges per graft?...thanks.

I paid ?4,500 for 2,900 grafts. They charge in Euros, so I got a slightly better than expected deal because the exchange rate is good (if you live in the UK at present).

I don't know if it's normal for doctors to let assistants to the grafts, but having researched as many reviews as possible on Dr Melike, I had no reason to doubt her methods. I can only say that Transmed were very professional in all their dealings with me. Obviously my final verdict will be in 6-12 months time, when the results of the HT will be apparent.

I paid ?4,500 for 2,900 grafts. They charge in Euros, so I got a slightly better than expected deal because the exchange rate is good (if you live in the UK at present).

I don't know if it's normal for doctors to let assistants to the grafts, but having researched as many reviews as possible on Dr Melike, I had no reason to doubt her methods. I can only say that Transmed were very professional in all their dealings with me. Obviously my final verdict will be in 6-12 months time, when the results of the HT will be apparent.

any idea how that would translate to american dollars?....and also, is the clinic in a nice area?....never traveled to another country. would be a little nervous. but yea can't wait to see your results. they will play a huge part in my final decision to go with dr kulahci or not.

Edited by HairApparent

hello albion 71.congrats on your resent ht with transmed,i'm looking into haveing two procedures over the next couple of years and transmeds prices are probably just within my very limited budget,all the best with the healing up and i hope you obtain max growth,have a nice day......

Thanks all for your best wishes.

Latest update to my blog posted today (day 27).

Getting a few pimples in the recipient area, which I know is quite common as transplanted hairs come through, but a bit surprised to be getting them after less than four weeks...?

• 1 month later...

Albion,

Thanks for keeping this community up to date on your progress. I see Blake already commented on your blog. I agree that you seem to be healing well.

At only 2 months, pimples are normal and regrowth is still ahead of you. Usually regrowth begins between 3 to 5 months after surgery.

I look forward to your next update.

Bill

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all, my latest blog update is here. Hope people are finding it useful.

Still not really seeing any regrowth, though trying to be patient as I realise it's only from round about now (I'm at three months post op) that I can expect to see any.

Still getting a lot of pimples despite using Bactroban twice daily - any ideas what I can do to prevent them? Can excessive pimples damage the new hairs?

• 4 weeks later...

Albion,

For some of us, the growth is slow going. I had a similar experience. Hang in there, the next couple of months should bring noticeable changes.

All the best!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Albion,

Sure thing! Hang in there and keep us posted.

Thanks for your comment on my results! I'll be at six months in a few days and I'm quite happy.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 5 weeks later...

I agree it's still early but most docs state that at 5 month there should be a dramatic difference from pre opconditions. I would be definitely concerned with the lack of growth. Contact your doc and see what they say.

Guys,

5 months is only the beginning. Claiming that the patient should be concerned by the lack of growth at this early state is extremely premature. Note that new growth only starts to occur between the 3rd and 5th month. At this point, I encourage Albion to wait patiently and continue reporting his progress each month.

Albion,

You are still in the very early phases of growth. I understand how discouraging waiting can be, but I encourage you not to assume and expect the worst. You've chosen a quality physician for your procedure, so I hope you take some comfort in that while you wait for your new hair to grow.

All the Best,

Bill

This is stated both on Rahal's and Hasson &Wong website.

By the fifth to sixth month after the procedure the patient can expect to see considerable new growth. The new hair will be approximately two to three inches in length and the hair shaft will begin to thicken.

Anouar,

While that is true for some patients, it's not true for all. The general rule of thumb for hair transplants is that everyone grows in differently. Those who typically start seeing growth at 3 months typically do see considerable growth by 5 to 6 months. However, those who start growing at 5 months don't usually see considerable growth until 7 or 8 months. Then, there are the slow growers who see growth even later.

If Albion is concerned, I too encourage him to speak to his physician for comfort and support. However, it's far too early to suggest possible problems with growth given that many patients only just start seeing growth by the 5th month.

Best,

Bill

Albion,

did you recieved an answer from Transmed about your progress? Please let us know what they answered. In the past 4 months I have almost the same experience like yours. I am now 4months after my surgery with dr. Kulahci and my hair has slowly returned to the preop state without visible evidence of new growth. I talked with Taner 3 weeks ago and he said that it is still very early to expect improvement. I also had some shock loss in the recipient area (maybe about 20%) which can explain the slow progress.

Are you seeing new growth in the receed areas of your hairline?

All the best,

Difuser

Sorry to see these results.....I ys on this forhave see a few no/low results in the last few days on this forum.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Guys, why are you discouraging Albion, he is only 5 months post op and there are many patients, that aren't seeing much improvement at this stage and end with excellent growth.

I am posting link to one blog, which shows exactly what I am talking about:

FUE 3900 grafts at Prohairclinic

This guy had very very poor growth at 5month mark, almost no growth. And what is the final result - amazing!

Albion had also as he said 50% shock loss and native minituarized hair recovers and grows extremly slowly. The speed my partly minituarized hair is growing is almost 30-40% of the speed of the terminal hair growth. Telogen phase for this hair could also be longer than normal. So at this stage It is definitely not over.