• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

This is me, I couldn't be happier:

Atticus :):)

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Well, i'm going to post here again, because this thread is very important!

Umar is one of the most "hyped" doctors in the FUE scene, with flawless youtube videos and presentations, but VERY few cases documented by the patients only.

In this particular thread jbbreese confessed that he payed less for the grafts because he agreed to show his pictures.

And I think it?s very selfish of him not to come back and give a response to the community, because when he was anxious he turned to the forum to seek help. Now the he doesn't need more help, he turns his back on us.

Either UMAR or JBBREESE should come here and post the final outcome for this procedure.

I think the final result was crappy and Jon took his business somewhere else. Otherwise, he would tell was the resulta was a success, since he signed a contract with Umar for less bucks a graft.

The managers of this forum should get in touch with both, since this a very important matter to the community.

Mentalst11,

Dr. Umar has proven time and again that he is not only one of the world's leading FUE practitioners but also one of the foremost experts in body hair transplantation. He is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network because he chose to operate transparently and open his work up to the scrutiny of our members as well as his peers and then met our exacting recommendation standards.

I agree that it would be great if everyone that begins sharing their results returns to keep us updated on their progress, good or bad. But, the reality is that many just don't. I don't think it's fair to speculate on jbbreese's intentions or put words in his mouth.

Atticus has openly discussed his extreme happiness with Dr. Umar's work and, just today, Wylie added his glowing assessment of Dr. Umar's skills to this discussion.

There are also a handful of patient created hair restoration websites featuring Dr. Umar's work.

It's really beyond the scope of the moderators of this community to hunt down and encourage members to update their results. Ultimately everyone is free to share the good bad and ugly if they so choose.

I really don't get the accusatory tone of your post.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I think that this is a good example of why transplanting outside of a persons natural hair line who plans on wearing short hair is very difficult. It lust looked like a poor plan me to close the temples of a guy in his mid 20's.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think that this is a good example of why transplanting outside of a persons natural hair line who plans on wearing short hair is very difficult. It lust looked like a poor plan me to close the temples of a guy in his mid 20's.

I may be bias because as you saw I myself lowered my hairline; however I think you're a bit off with your statements. I have seen plenty of cases where new hairlines are built that look natural. There are even patients with no hairless that get a ht just to lower a hairline. Not sure why you make these statements but they seem to be outdated. Just my opinion...

Mentalst11,

Dr. Umar has proven time and again that he is not only one of the world's leading FUE practitioners but also one of the foremost experts in body hair transplantation. He is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network because he chose to operate transparently and open his work up to the scrutiny of our members as well as his peers and then met our exacting recommendation standards.

I agree that it would be great if everyone that begins sharing their results returns to keep us updated on their progress, good or bad. But, the reality is that many just don't. I don't think it's fair to speculate on jbbreese's intentions or put words in his mouth.

Atticus has openly discussed his extreme happiness with Dr. Umar's work and, just today, Wylie added his glowing assessment of Dr. Umar's skills to this discussion.

There are also a handful of patient created hair restoration websites featuring Dr. Umar's work.

It's really beyond the scope of the moderators of this community to hunt down and encourage members to update their results. Ultimately everyone is free to share the good bad and ugly if they so choose.

I really don't get the accusatory tone of your post.

Dear David, we need to weed out the biased comments about a doctor?s work, specially by the patients who choose to "advertise" one?s work in exchange for touch-ups or a less expensive price for graft. That is clearly Atticus case. No one would expose himself that way out of nothing.

And it's really interesting that you've mentioned a handful (literally) of patients with hair restoration websites featuring Dr. Umar's work.

There's only FIVE of them. One case (HairToday72) is very unique and extreme, and can't be taken in consideration.

Aside that one, there's only POOR results. Point me one that says "WOW, that's a good, solid result"!!!!!!!

That's what i am talking about. I'm not accusing, but there's a significant difference between results in cases presented by the clinic and by the patients.

It needs to depict THE REALITY! A lot uf us can't meet real patients in person, and need to make up our minds based on internet conclusions. Getting an HT is a life changing experience (either for good or bad) so we should avoid everything that could mislead us.:(

Mentalist,

Hmmm, such defamatory statements like this:

" Dear David, we need to weed out the biased comments about a doctor?s work, specially by the patients who choose to "advertise" one?s work in exchange for touch-ups or a less expensive price for graft. That is clearly Atticus case. No one would expose himself that way out of nothing.

You make these type of defamatory statements as fact. You don't get to make up your own facts. What you wrote about me is completely untrue, and simply ridiculous!!!

You should be more careful about what you write.

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Dear David, we need to weed out the biased comments about a doctor?s work, specially by the patients who choose to "advertise" one?s work in exchange for touch-ups or a less expensive price for graft. That is clearly Atticus case. No one would expose himself that way out of nothing.

And it's really interesting that you've mentioned a handful (literally) of patients with hair restoration websites featuring Dr. Umar's work.

There's only FIVE of them. One case (HairToday72) is very unique and extreme, and can't be taken in consideration.

Aside that one, there's only POOR results. Point me one that says "WOW, that's a good, solid result"!!!!!!!

That's what i am talking about. I'm not accusing, but there's a significant difference between results in cases presented by the clinic and by the patients.

It needs to depict THE REALITY! A lot uf us can't meet real patients in person, and need to make up our minds based on internet conclusions. Getting an HT is a life changing experience (either for good or bad) so we should avoid everything that could mislead us.:(

I don't understand your accusations, most doctors do not post videos of their patients, that's all Dr. Umar does, is post videos which clearly show his successful outcomes.

Some folks, like myself, have had extraordinarily successful results (i.e., the kind that cannot be duplicated by another doctor) and have not posted pictures (yet) but as soon as I take some (any day now) I would be happy to share. Part of the reason I don't bother is because I need clear "before" photos to highlight what a dramatic difference it has made. Only the clinic has those. No matter, I plan on getting pics. anyway.

As far as YOU are concerned, you have a total of 8 posts, yet you have gone to great lengths in this short time to denigrate Dr. Umar.

All I can say about you is 'Beware of shills from competing clinics and/or those with an obvious agenda'. I believe that would include you.

Have a nice day. :)

HairToday72's case can't be taken into consideration? What?? His results are a testament to Dr. Umar's skill. He regularly gives hope to the hopeless.

Like any cosmetic procedure, the final result is subjective. You may not be impressed with the results but the ultimate measure of the work is the patient's own happiness.

From the mouths of the patients themselves...

HairToday72

"Well it's over 7 months since my second surgery with Dr Umar and I am absolutely delighted with the result."

iron_man

"Well, at this point, I'm guessing most of the grafts that are going to grow have done so, so now I wait for a bit of thickening. Overall, I'm very pleased with the outcome. The temporal peaks in particular are phenomenal and very natural looking."

"I'm just being as honest as I can; I doubt any surgery is a 100% success, and as noted, I'm quite pleased. I would recommend Dr. Umar in a heartbeat. I think his work is very artistic and well done."

Abedogg

Not much has changed. I think there has been some overall thickening. I have some gaps on the right side still. Overall the difference is amazing and I'm happy. But to be fair, its not perfect. The right sided gaps probably will not fill in. They aren't noticeable for the most part, but all of these pictures were taken with a flash.

Overall happy - Umar has promised me, he'd fill in any gaps that don't grow in for free. I may take him up on that one day, but for now I'm happy.

forehead

This patient did not update after 3 months

I did not include Atticus's site since his experience has already been shared.

You're correct that there are not many examples and none may be showcases but the important thing here is that the patients are pleased with their results. Not every result by every recommended physician is going to be a home run. That's just not reality.

The fact that these websites don't read like promotional copy should be even further proof that nobody here is filtering, censoring or otherwise putting words in the mouths of the members who share their results. As you can clearly see, the patients have expressed areas of concerns along with their expressions of satisfaction.

Furthermore, I see absolutely nothing wrong with physicians offering incentives to their patients to share their experiences as long as it is understood that the patient is free to speak openly and honestly about their impressions. Again, you are surmising that patients are being hushed when you really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

I can agree with one of your comments. We do need to weed out biased comments and that includes those that are clearly biased against the physician.

Ultimately, prospective patients should ask questions. Should maintain an air of healthy skepticism. Should perform careful research. And, should expect the finest care from their hair transplant physician in the event that their results do not meet reasonable expectations.

The big question for me is, why do you appear to so aggressively point your finger and make accusations?

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Furthermore, I see absolutely nothing wrong with physicians offering incentives to their patients to share their experiences as long as it is understood that the patient is free to speak openly and honestly about their impressions. Again, you are surmising that patients are being hushed when you really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

I do want to add here that,if a particular patient has received a financial or other kind of incentive from a doctor to post, they should be disclosing this in their forum signature. While there's not anything wrong with it, we do expect full disclosure so those reading statements can decide for themselves if there are any conflicts with what they are reading.

Having clarified that, making accusations with no proof serves no one. If members have proof of such deals, the are also free to share that information with us and we'll reach out to the member and request that they disclose this information in their signature in the interest of transparency.

No new updates, finding 2 weeks off to recluse is tough. In the meantime I am using a bunch of toppik to cover the see throughness, which sucks. Will schedule an appointment for a 3rd and hopefully final pass when I have the time and will make sure to give everyone an honest update

No new updates, finding 2 weeks off to recluse is tough. In the meantime I am using a bunch of toppik to cover the see throughness, which sucks. Will schedule an appointment for a 3rd and hopefully final pass when I have the time and will make sure to give everyone an honest update

Thanks for popping in to update us on your status! Good luck moving forward. I hope the third pass is the charm.

• 1 year later...

Hey all thought I would give an update

I am really dissatisfied with my two hair transplants. Dr umar has offered to do a 3rd pass free of charge but going though the whole recluse/hibernate mode for 2 weeks is tough so I have been dumping copious amounts of toppik and comb it forward to give it w decent look. Super up close its extremely noticeable to where new girlfriends have asked did I get "plugs" hair stylist ask when did you get this done. I used to be in outside sales meeting business executives face to face and now do inside sales i.e. Telephone sales. It has definitely taken a hit to my inner confidence my "swagger"

From a distance I love how it should look how it frames my face it is just so see through

What would all of you guys think would be the best course of action getting the exact same hairline filled in the gaps high density. Maybe Rahal or Hasson and wong with a super reliable fut? Give Umar a 3rd chance? Click the link for pics

Hair - Album on Imgur

So to make a passable look I dump the dark brown powder in my hairline to disguise the see throughness, it gets all over your sink and don't have a girl run her fingers through your hair but it does make it look better, I didn't want to be a slave to concealers though also been on propecia link below will have pics with toppik in hair and some more close ups w/o

With toppik - Album on Imgur

I can certainly see why you are concerned, you need a greater density at the hairline than that.

Normally, I would not recommend anyone see a doctor for a third time if the 2nd pass was not enough for you to be satisfied. I certainly would not recommend strip for the amount of work you need done, which is minimal. Donor is not an issue. So I can see where this puts you into a tricky position, due to the lack of qualified FUE practitioners in the U.S..

Personally, if it were me, I would give Dr. Umar one more chance to make things right. He's done a number of successful hairlines before, including mine, so it's not like there is a question as to whether or not he can achieve your goals. It always helps to have multiple opinions, that's how you learn. Ask Dr. Umar if the surgery can be done with minimal shaving. Perhaps the front can only be trimmed short, and the back and sides shaved.

Good luck, I hope your third time is a charm.