Aderans is looking for participants for its phase II

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mahhong logically in financial way that scenario may be true because this is just another fin/dut "solution" and making money on desperate people bringing them half-cocked solutions. Personally, I think if they do not make a good solution affordable for the masses people will more less and less go to HT?s. That technique is middle aged, would you like to go and place leeches on yourself just because those "new" leeches now are mechanical and not swamp ones? now in the 21 st century? I believe not. Baldness is getting more and more accepted every year and people will simply not going to give their hard earned money to some half-ass solutions that give again bad results and shove poison "medications" down their throats for the rest of their lives. If people would boycott those primitive methods HT and potential future "half-ass HT?s" they would have made scientists to make something worth of their money.

Edited by Pale_Rider

• 3 weeks later...

Pale_Rider,

Thank you for the updates!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

if this works how come Dr ken in the video is still bald

That video is old, I remembered later. But this technique is new. We shall see what is cookin? probably soon because this company is probably the biggest player in hair multiplication research industry and has funds that no one else has.

I have no professional knowledge about this...but it seems some other companys are marketing and selling stem cell solutions to hair loss (recoverup), so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have to be approved. However I think aderans is gettin towards the end of phase II trials regardless. There is probably a way bigger market if its approved by FDA etc. again I really don't know much about the drug world and its rules but thats my guess.

Because some of these "future" therapies involve cloning (multiplication) mechanisms and stem cells (new therapies), I assume these companies will seek FDA approval. Especially for marketing purposes.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Has HSC been evaluated for safety yet, or is that what this 2nd phase trial will find?

If it has been found safe and they just want to see how well it can work.. I live in NYC and won;t mind adding an extra commute to my routine

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I remember the problem with ICX was that the multiplied hairs grew the first time, however they did not survive the hair cycle, and as soon as they fell they never grew back.

Hopefully whatever procedure is being used here will work over the long run..

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 4 months later...

Fresh news from Aderans.

Aderans Research to Enroll 200th Subject in Clinical Trial

Aderans Research Institute (ARI) is approaching a key milestone in its hair regeneration program. The company is on target to enroll its 200th subject in its Phase 2 clinical study by the end of this year.

Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) November 16, 2010

Aderans Research Institute (ARI) is approaching a key milestone in its hair regeneration program. The company is on target to enroll its 200th subject in its Phase 2 clinical study by the end of this year. This expansion reflects the advances in ARI’s cell engineering solutions for those with pattern hair loss.

“The results are very encouraging and are reinforcing the scientific basis of our technology and product offering,” said Kurt Stenn, M.D., Vice President Research and Chief Scientific Officer.

Ken Washenik, M.D. Ph.D., Executive Vice President commented, “This clinical study is starting to show how our innovative cell-based approach to hair restoration can truly help those who suffer from hair loss.”

Launched in November 2008, Phase 2 is focused on finding the most promising cell product treatment from ARI’s Ji Gami™ family of unique products. The 200th subject will be a major landmark in the trial for ARI, as the company will be two-thirds of the way to its goal of almost 300 subjects. Phase 2 completion is expected by the beginning of 2012.

Phase 2 is being conducted across the United States for individuals suffering from androgenetic alopecia. Vern Liebmann, Vice President, Operations added, “It is ARI’s hope that our state-of-the-art cell engineering solutions will continue to both positively impact those in the study and eventually set the standard for the industry as a whole.”

“We are very pleased and excited by the progress of ARI. They are critical to the future of Unihair and pioneering the field of hair regeneration,” said Tadao Otsuki, President and CEO of Unihair, parent company of ARI and a leading hair loss solutions company.

For more information about the Phase 2 clinical trial, visit Follicle Neogenesis, Bio Engineered Hair Loss Solution - Aderans Research.

About Aderans Research

Aderans Research is a pioneer in the research and development of safe, effective cell engineered products for hair regeneration. With offices in Atlanta and Philadelphia, Aderans Research is a subsidiary of Unihair Co., Ltd, the world’s largest wig manufacturer, and affiliate of Bosley, a global leader in surgical hair restoration.

Ongoing information on ARI’s clinical study can be seen at http://aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicalupdates.html

Additional information on ARI can be found at http://www.aderansresearch.com.

Learn more about ARI’s parent company Unihair Co., Ltd.

Unihair Co., Ltd.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/11/prweb4789124.htm

Edited by Pale_Rider

• 5 weeks later...

Finally, some concrete news from Adrerans research. ;)

Half of ARI Study Participants See Hair Growth After 1 Year in First Protocol

Aderans Research Institute (ARI) recently completed the first of seven protocols of a hair regeneration Phase 2 clinical study, and the results are in: more than half of study participants showed significant hair growth one year after the cell product treatment was administered.

Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) December 15, 2010 Aderans Research Institute (ARI) recently completed the first of seven protocols of a hair regeneration Phase 2 clinical study, and the results are in: more than half of study participants showed significant hair growth one year after the cell product treatment was administered.

“The results indicate that our scientific approach, our research and understanding of follicular cell and hair regeneration is headed in the right direction,” said Vern Liebmann, Vice President Operations. “The fact that an increase in hair growth is apparent as far out as one year after treatment indicates our process has staying power. Nobody we know of has produced results like these.”

Launched in November 2008, the current phase of the trial is open to select individuals who suffer from androgenetic alopecia. It is focused on finding the most promising cell product treatment from ARI’s Ji Gami™ family of unique cell products. The ongoing protocols are evaluating the additional variants in the family. ARI expects to have the one-year results from these protocols throughout 2011.

Two new protocols are scheduled to begin this month, and based on the results to date, they are expected to produce even greater benefits with continued durability of response of observed hair growth.

“We now have the building blocks for true cellular hair regeneration. We are excited by this knowledge and have great confidence in what is yet to come,” said Ken Washenik, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President. “The successive protocols will evaluate products that, based on our research, hold even greater promise for cosmetically valued hair growth.”

For more information about the clinical trial, visit Follicle Neogenesis, Bio Engineered Hair Loss Solution - Aderans Research.

About Aderans Research

Aderans Research is a pioneer in the research and development of safe, effective cell engineered products for hair regeneration. With offices in Atlanta and Philadelphia, Aderans Research is a subsidiary of Unihair Co., Ltd, the world’s largest wig manufacturer, and affiliate of Bosley, a global leader in surgical hair restoration.

Ongoing information on ARI’s clinical study can be seen at Follicle Neogenesis, Bio Engineered Hair Loss Solution - Aderans Research

Additional information on ARI can be found at http://www.aderansresearch.com.

Learn more about ARI’s parent company Unihair Co., Ltd. at Unihair Co., Ltd.

###

Contact

• Evan Judd
    Unihair Co., Ltd.
    +81-3-3350-3268 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +81-3-3350-3268 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    Email

Half of ARI Study Participants See Hair Growth After 1 Year in First Protocol

Unfortunately, this press release isn't all that informative, as the phrase "significant hair growth" is vague and undefined. A five-fold increase in the number of vellus hairs could be considered "significant hair growth," but nobody experiencing MPB would really find that outcome cosmetically appealing.

Unfortunately, this press release isn't all that informative, as the phrase "significant hair growth" is vague and undefined. A five-fold increase in the number of vellus hairs could be considered "significant hair growth," but nobody experiencing MPB would really find that outcome cosmetically appealing.

Well it is a start. A good one if you ask me. Even dr. Rassman added a positive post about it. And we know how much he is negative about this new tech.

Press Release - Aderans Completes Part of Their Phase 2 Study - Balding Blog

Well it is a start. A good one if you ask me.

At this point, the best that one can accurately say is that it's potentially a start. The press release doesn't provide enough information to make any more realistic an assessment.

At this point, the best that one can accurately say is that it's potentially a start. The press release doesn't provide enough information to make any more realistic an assessment.

Either way, they are working on the problem. Doing something to make the solution vs doing nothing, makes a whole lot of difference in an overall perspective. 10-20-30 years ago no one even tried to do anything about solving that problem.

Yeah, Colin Jahoda and Angela Christiano made a breaking point in 1990 when Jahoda transplanted a follicle from his head to arm and saw it grew. But no one till now gathered around a team of scientists in such numbers around the globe and actually made real experiments on humans.

We haven?t had this for instance.

http://www.biotechnologie.de/BIO/Navigation/EN/Funding/foerderbeispiele,did=104568.html?listBlId=77770

Edited by Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider,

Again, thank you for keeping us up to date on Aderans' progress. As as few others have stated, I'd like to maybe see some photographs or objective numbers, but it does sound like things are progressing in the right direction and the research is promising.

Pale_Rider,

Again, thank you for keeping us up to date on Aderans' progress. As as few others have stated, I'd like to maybe see some photographs or objective numbers, but it does sound like things are progressing in the right direction and the research is promising.

We will know everything when the time comes for that. I want to see the pictures myself. I see some people are angry and that is understandable, but if it is time to throw "rocks" on someone, that "rocks" should fly on Follica?s windows. I am not trying to start a violence here, I hope you understand that. Cheers.

Edited by Pale_Rider