Aderans is looking for participants for its phase II

Either way, they are working on the problem. Doing something to make the solution vs doing nothing, makes a whole lot of difference in an overall perspective. 10-20-30 years ago no one even tried to do anything about solving that problem.

you guys forget guys forget that our current technology was not around 20+ years ago...

specifically computer power, the internet which allows information to be distributed and received much quickly and easily, not to mention all of the cellular technology we are dabbling in now.

It's not that no one wanted to attempt this in the 80's it's that the technology to try and combat it was not around...

btw are there any photos which show this significant growth?

until we see for ourselves, I personally consider this news just as bs as all the other claims out there

Edited by Davis

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest essentialoilexporters

At this point, the best that one can accurately say is that it's potentially a start. The press release doesn't provide enough information to make any more realistic an assessment.

So I called Aderans the other day as they are offering the testing near me..

the first part involved plucking the hairs, taking the cells and implanting them back in..

This new one involves a mini strip procedure the size of roughly a dime. They want to then take those hairs, and try to multiply the cells, inject them.. in the hopes more hairs sprout.

I passed on that

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

So I called Aderans the other day as they are offering the testing near me..

the first part involved plucking the hairs, taking the cells and implanting them back in..

This new one involves a mini strip procedure the size of roughly a dime. They want to then take those hairs, and try to multiply the cells, inject them.. in the hopes more hairs sprout.

I passed on that

Yea that doesn't sound too fun, but I guess someone is going to have to try it for them to see if it'll work. This company seems like they are just throwing sh*t at a wall and hope it sticks. Perhaps because they are getting desperate bc of Histo.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Not just the Histo but TrichoScience also. Read the Item 4, Page 21.

We plan to market and sell our technology under a new and unique brand name that is currently in the process of being registered and trademarked worldwide. More information about our intellectual property is discussed below. We anticipate that this brand name will become synonymous with our technology.

Regional Growth Strategy

Based on market characteristics and the expected sequencing of country-by-country regulatory approvals, we expect to complete our first professional licensing agreements in Canada and the European Union. We believe subsequent sales will likely be targeted in Australia, the United States, Japan, Asia, South America and the Middle East.

Distribution Strategy

Our distribution strategy is to leverage a network of medical professionals and hair restoration clinics to market our technology. We plan to provide information and training to these medical professionals and clinics. In turn, we believe these groups will become the key agents in the direct selling of our technology to end patients. In return, we believe medical professionals and clinics will benefit from the increased volumes and margins they could receive through offering our technology.

Regulatory Environment

Through the facilities and support of the University of British Columbia and Vancouver General Hospital, we continue to advance our technical expertise while fine-tuning our technology. We are developing and advancing a clinical and regulatory strategy for worldwide regulatory approvals of our technology. Specifically, the following projects have been identified for immediate product and company development:

• completion of human clinical trials in Europe, which trials will commence in December, 2010;
  • scheduling of human clinical trials in Canada; and
  • ongoing studies and development of our technology.

Regulations and challenges vary from country to country. We have obtained scientific advice from the European Union regulatory authorities and are generating additional safety data in order to satisfy the requests of such authorities. The planned human phase trials meet good clinical practice requirements. We expect data from successful European Union-approved trials to facilitate similar trial approvals for Canada and other jurisdictions.

We believe the regulatory process will be aided by competitors who have safely conducted similar clinical trials using a different type of hair cell. We believe this information mitigates the risk element for our trials.

We have received approval to launch our first-in-man clinical study at the Scientific Research Institute for Skin and Venereal Diseases in Tbilisi, Georgia. This double-blind study is designed to test the safety and efficacy of our technology in 20 patients with androgenetic alopecia through the assessment of three endpoints:

Primary endpoint - the local safety profile of our technology at the 6 month time point as defined by the incidence, relationship, severity and seriousness of adverse events at the injection sites and local tolerance (as judged by the investigator and patient);

Secondary endpoint (Safety) - the local safety profile (as defined above) of our technology at the 12 and 24 month time points; systemic adverse events over the 24-month study; analysis of macroscopic images of injection sites; and analysis of histopathological biopsies taken at the 6, 12, and 24 month time points; and

Secondary endpoint (Efficacy) - difference in hair thickness and hair density between 6 months (Visit 7) and baseline will be calculated using the TrichoScan ® procedure.

Untitled Page

• 1 month later...

Ken Washenik, M.D., Ph.D., Exec VP of ARI (Bosley Group) has been talking about a 5 yr cure for this since 2001 or so. The fact that these are press releases and not published articles in peer reviewed journals indicates that this may just be promotional to continue interest in hair mulitplication. Hopefully ARI will show us some scientific results of the trial soon through publications in peer reviewed scientific journals.

Virginia Clinical Research, Inc.

601 Medical Tower

Norfolk, VA 23507

757-625-0151 phone

these guys are running aderans trials and taking participants if anyone wants to give it a go. It sounds like you could even fly in for the evaluations and treatment if you have time. The evaluation seems to take longer than the actual procedure as you only go in once for them to take a section of skin or whatever and than again some few weeks later to get the treatment and then its just check ups i think.... she told me something about having to tat your head though lol

I'll save you guys and the lady Becky who I e-mailed at VCR some time, here is the qualifications....

In order to qualify for the study you need to:

• Be between the ages of 18 and 65 years old

• If you are a female of child-bearing potential, you must be using an adequate method of birth control

• Have hair loss on the back of the head that fits into the pattern required by the protocol – see attached diagram to see if your hair loss fits the criteria. The doctor will make the final determination if you qualify.

• Willing to have circles shaved in your hair in order to do photography, have a tattoo placed in the center of each circle (done at screening, excision visit, injection visit, and all post injection visits)

• Be healthy and free of any clinically significant diseases

• Not be using any hair growth medications or products

• Not be allergic to clindamycin, amphotericin B, or streptomycin

• Not have a history of drug or alcohol abuse

• Not have a history of Hepatitis B or C or HIV

• Not have any other skin disorders or scarring in the scalp area

• Not have a history of abnormal thyroid, diabetes, or iron deficiency anemia

if anybody wants the ladies email just PM me, or just call that number... I didn't want to post her Email online and have her flooded or something

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder, with Aderans's research, as hairs would be transplanted to see if they grow, would it be a serious concern whether the surgeons be competent at properly implanting grafts (i.e., at proper orientations)? Guinea-pigging yourself for a study like this might seem like a good idea, but if you do grow hair that's aimed the wrong way, you'd probably need to undergo a (paid) revision.

• 4 months later...

I agree. Again, thank you for keeping us updated Pale Rider!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...