Tokyo University of Science

• 2 years later...

Whats the point of this reasearch? Its bullshit. Scientists have grown hair on mices soo many times already. This is nothing new. Every year some university does this on a mice and then stops. Its been decades and they havent been able to do anything for human baldness. Shame!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Whats the point of this reasearch? Its bullshit. Scientists have grown hair on mices soo many times already. This is nothing new. Every year some university does this on a mice and then stops. Its been decades and they havent been able to do anything for human baldness. Shame!

the significant thing is this time they have successfully grown HUMAN hair from stem cells of a balding man on the mouse.

oqd7y0.jpg

Edited by alix

It's interesting to see that they can grow human hair on a mouse. But can they grow human hair on a human?

Also, since these follicular "seeds" can only be transplanted one at a time, can enough of them be generated and transplanted into the human scalp to make any real cosmetic improvement? How long can these follicular seeds live outside of the body before they die? Also, is there a way to control the direction of hair growth when transplanting the seeds?

I guess time will tell as to whether or not this methodology becomes a viable treatment for men and women with genetic pattern baldness.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey they got some pretty interesting stuff here:

http://www.tsuji-lab.com/en/research/hair/index.html.

They even say they got 100% succes rate... but it is on mice.

I just saw this myself, interesting

Japanese stem cell research :

Interesting stuff on stem cell research in Japan, check it out

Hair Follicle Regeneration | TOKYO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE TAKASHI TSUJI'S LABORATORY

Wait 'til the ladies see me now: There's new - Media (1 of 15) SFGate: Day in Pictures

• 2 weeks later...