MHR

Moris

Sorry to hear about your trouble. But never forget that YOU are not YOUR HAIR. Its whats on the inside that counts, time will help, attitude is everything. My father pretty much lost his hair by 25 but he never looked back. so think positive thoughts and look forward.

Originally posted by Moris:

Stay away from MHR or you will be sorry.

I am very sorry to read about your experience. I hope it all works out for you in the end. I just completed my second surgery with MHR on December 28th. I have a photo album up outlining my results form the first surgery, which met my expectations. I do not forsee a problem for the second surgery, which I expected and planned. I can only speak for myself though...

Curious... what doctor and office did you got to that did this to you?

Originally posted by Moris:

Thanks for your support. My problem is I wasn't the right candidate for hair transplant.My hair is too thin.The surgeon gave to me false promises.The surgeon had the nerve to say with just one more session I should be good to go.

It is sad there are predators like this in the industry. It gives all HT doctors a bad name. Sometimes the pressure from investors and large corporate entities become too much for some people who cannot handle the pressure and take shortcuts. In the case of the HT industry peoples lives are affected - as what happened to you.

In your personal case if you are not a candidate for another HT surg and shaving your head is not an option because of the scar then perhaps a hair unit might be considered?

I hope it all works out for you.

Originally posted by MDM130:

shaving your head is not an option because of the scar

That said, there are all kinds of ways to disguise a scar, like micropigmentation. If you REALLY have no other choice, I think it is better to have a shaved/scarred head than attract attention on your bad HT and a few misplaced hairs fighting each other on top of your head.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

"MDM, Now that you have found this forum will you see a real doctor or are you happy with mini - micros?"

I have no plans to see other doctors. I am satisfied with what was done for me. As of this point I am done with surgeries.

Please describe what you consider as "thin" hair. With complete respect for opinions as well as facts, don't the majority of people with hair loss have what would be considered as thin hair yet have had successful HT, at least according to their posts and doctors (I do mean the good doctors)? Example; blondes in particular typically have thin hair and that is why I was under the impression generally have more per SQ, at least according to the averages. Also aren't blondes the ideal candidate because of color, etc.? I'm not trying to encourage or discourage just looking for clarification.

Smiling & laughing does wonders for the soul!

Moris,

I would like to see some additional photos of your scar and your balding areas. You have had ONE opinion and ONE bad experience, which is no reason to call it quits. Keep your chin up, buddy!!!!! Moris, feel free to PM me if you need to man.... We are here to help you and support you.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 4 weeks later...

I too went with MHR and spent $5000 for absolutely no results, other then the scar on the back of my head. I complained and was yelled at and given the run around. I asked about the 100% guarantee they offer and was ignored. I have filed a complaint with the state of Illinois against them and I suggest you do the same. Might not do any good, but I won't sit on my hands either. I wish I had learned about this site before I went to MHR.

Kansas, what clinic in Illinois did you go to? Let us know, and maybe we can launch a telephone campaign against them icon_biggrin.gif First thing though, you should post some photos before and after and your scar, as well.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

that's the beauty of Small Claims Court. You don't need a lawyer, the clerk of court will help you with the paperwork. Some Small Claims Courts don't even allow lawyers, but the amount you can sue for is limited.