MHR

Moris

Originally posted by Moris:

my results were not what I had been promised.

What were u promised?

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

I was under the impression that an ideal candidate was someone with darker, coarse hair, with a bit of kink to it. Makes for fuller coverage. No?

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

MHR grafts come in wirey and sparse. Totally unnatural. Your scalp is a fibrosis mess. It kills all of your existing hair. Then the "doctor" tells you you had unrealistic expectations. After he gave them to you. While you are suffering he will tell you to be objective while your hair is falling out. I've dealt with these criminals and I will give them the same consideration they gave me.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

You could try filing in your home county. You would probably need to tell the judge that the contract for the HT was entered into from your home community so you would have a legal argument that the court had jurisdiction over MHR. If MHR does business in your state that would be another argument. Keep in mind that once you sue them they have to respond, even if you sued them in the wrong jurisdiction or venue. Otherwise, they risk a default which might stick against them if they are wrong on the jurisdictional issue. Small claims court is also as close to the peoples court as you can get. Many of the judges who handle those types of claims will not worry about legal or jurisdictional issues. If they feel you were wronged, they just might rule in your favor. Contact your local clerk of court, but before doing so, see if you can download the papers you need to fill out. Fill them out, state what the guarantee was and that MHR has breached the contract with you. Once being served with your papers, perhaps MHR will contact you and try to resolve the issue because the cost of a lawyer may exceed the cost of your surgery. One other thing, if you have signed any papers make sure that they don't mention anything about attorney fees to the prevailing party of a lawsuit. If they do, its to your advantage if you win (and have an attorney) but disadvantage if you lose. Good luck.

Good advice Hoping! Typically flat fee stuff doesn't interest most established lawyers. In addition, the typical response to these claims is "free" repair surgery. We all understand that a limited amount of grafts exist, but most people outside the industry truly have no clue to how the process SHOULD work. I would contact the clinic and ask for them to foot the bill at another clinic first, just to see what type of respose you get. I would also send certified mail initially just so they know you are serious, and you are building your case. After that I would physically go to the clinic and demand a response. Tell them if they don't, you will stand outside with a protest sign. In Chicago, that means a lot!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.