5000 or 1,750 FUE in one day?? Different techniques??

Today I talked to Jessica from Dr Miller's office in San Antonio and she said the maximum they can do per day is 1750 FUE and the reason is there is only one person who will be doing it.

On the other hand Dr Arocho in Houston said he can do 5000 in one day, I guess he has 4-5 people working on the same scalp at the same time?

Can someone elaborate on this? Having all at one time is worse or are these doctors using different techniques?

Today I talked to Jessica from Dr Miller's office in San Antonio and she said the maximum they can do per day is 1750 FUE and the reason is there is only one person who will be doing it.

On the other hand Dr Arocho in Houston said he can do 5000 in one day, I guess he has 4-5 people working on the same scalp at the same time?

Can someone elaborate on this? Having all at one time is worse or are these doctors using different techniques?

misterno,

Be sure you are indeed talking about the same type of hair transplant surgery. See the difference between follicular unit extraction (FUE) and follicular unit hair transplantation (FUT) by clicking here.

Bear in mind too when surgeons give you the "maximum" they have done in a given day does not mean that's what can definitely be performed on you. Additionally, how many grafts you need to meet your hair restoration goals will depend on a number of things. Feel free to use our animated graft calculator which can help you determine approximately how many grafts you might need.

Best wishes,

Bill

What is your hairloss like, and how old are you? If you are seeking and ideally require someting like 3k grafts, there are VERY few clinics that would even perform this on you via FUE, and even fewer that would be doing so ethically....

If you are getting some hairline and temple refinement, say 1k grafts, I think FUE can be great -- in the right hands. It is a very difficult, and relatively recent procedure to hit the mainstream.

Po

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Dr Limmer is known in Texas, as a matter of fact I tried to get an appointment and he was booked till August, go figure.

If you search his name on this site, you will see he is highly regarded. I am planning to spend 18K for 5000 FUEs. That is my budget.

So what would you do? I will post my pictures hopefully today.

vincehair,

Dr. Arocha is recommended on our network. See his recommendation thread by clicking here.

Misterno,

Do a good amount of research on the differences between strip and FUE in order to determine which one is right for you. Though I think FUE has its place, in my opinion, those who require larger sessions and have higher levels of balding should strongly consider strip for the greatest amount of hair coverage and density.

To learn about the benefits, risks, and potential problems of FUE, I recommend reading the discussion that Dr. Feller and I had on the following hair loss Q&A blog.

This will help you begin your research.

Best wishes,

Bill

"I am planning to spend 18K for 5000 FUEs"

If you are referring to a FUE procedure, there is no way your budget will allow for you to get such a size -- not even close. Before you commit to a surgery, really make sure you understand what it entails -- including longterm implications, recovery, etc.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

misterno, you have a ton of research to do before getting an HT. just live on these boards for a few months and you'll soon understand both surgeries and what they entail for your future.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I went to Hair Club in Houston and had a conversation with Dr. Robert Mcclellan. He said he has been in this business for many many years. Very nice guy and down to earth. He gave me alot of information.

He is using the FUT technique and said FUE is the old way and some doctors do it not because it is better but because that is what they got used to do. It is the old technique takes more time and more expensive because of the labor.

He looked at my scalp and hair and said I got enough elasticity at back of the skull and hair density is pretty high. He said the maximum he does per session is 2400 grafts and it will cost me $12K. He also said the maximum I have as donor is 6000 grafts.

One thing he said that I never thought of before and I want to share with you guys. He said the recovery ratio of hair from donor is very important and they use microscopes to do it and their recovery ratio is like 30% whereas in other places they get lower recovery ratios. I think the technicians' skill in taking the hair out of donored skin is extremely important.

I have an appointment with Dr Limmer in San Antonio on April 15. People say he uses FUE, the old style, but he is very reputable and if you want to book an appointment for surgery, they will give you a date 6 months ahead. He must be that good I think.

I will be emailing my photos to Hasson and Wong and see how much they want and what they offer.

So what do you guys think of what I learned? Please comment.

Huh?

To answer your question, at the risk of sounding impolite, you didn't learn much OR you are confused. I think you have FUT and FUE backwards.

You MUST spend more time researching ON THIS SITE versus speaking to Doctors/clinics directly. Some will tell you what you want to hear, when you want to hear it, etc. Solely based on the amount of years a Dr. has been in business or if they are booked to a certain date are very scary ways to gauge their results!!!

With the amount of coverage you will need I highly recommend you be patient, speak to Jotronic (from Hasson & Wong), Spex (Dr. Fellar), or Janna(Dr. Shapiro). All are employed by the cream of the crop surgeons and active on this site.

Take advantage of the PM's (private message's) capabilities of this site.

Good Luck,

MbM

lol @ Hair Club For Men.....it's painful to think that for every guy that comes to a forum like this and ends up going elsewhere, there are a dozen+ guys going to those hacks.....

-----------

I am just sharing what I learned

I am not a client of Hair Club and I did not pay anything. So what is the big deal?

At this point this is what I want to learn.

1) From your personal experiences and readings in the forum, how important hair extraction from donor is? Is efficiency that important or almost all doctors have microscope technique and their efficieny is same?

2) This is what I understand; there are teo methods in HT. One is the strip taken from the back of your head and the other is extracting one by one.

Since every doctor is supporting their own way of doing this I need an honest answer to this. Which technique is used and when and why is it important?

Thanks

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Run Run as fast as you can. I will pay you not to go to Hair club for men. Go see Limmer .He does great work with the most recent techniques

You are saying with the most techniques but do you mean his technique of extracting hair one by one instead of the cutting a piece from the back of the head? Or you mean his microscope technique to extract hair from this donor?

Please comment.

Thannks

I just found Dr Shapiro's website

http://www.drshapiroshairinstitute.com/

I am amazed with his reputation vs his price. $3/graft and for good quality of HT?? This is the cheapest ever I have seen.

Any thoughts on his work? I will definitely fly to Florida if he is doing that quality work for this price. It is only 2 hrs flight from me.

------------------

Edited: Ok here is the correct Shapiro sorry for the mixed up. So the real one is in Minnesota

http://www.shapiromedical.com/

No no no misterno. The only Shapiro you should be looking at in my opinion is the one in Minnesota. The great work of Dr. Ron Shapiro only gets done in a colder clime, not in Florida. PLEASE be certain you are not confusing your Shapiros because the consequences could be disastrous.

Mr. No,

On the home page of this site there is a listing of Doctors recommended.

http://www.shapiromedical.com/index.htm

This is the Shapiro you are looking for. I'd suggest you dabble more around these boards, educate yourself a bit more before flying anywhere. If you only listen rather than research, you're going to be chasing your tail around- as such.

MbM