5000 or 1,750 FUE in one day?? Different techniques??

Today, I received a call from Mike in Hasson And Wong. He says I need 3500-5000 grafts and they can do it in a month. The cost is $5/graft for the first 2000 and the rest is $3/graft

Price includes airfare and 2 night hotel stay and %5 discount for cash/check payment.

I am seriously considering this offer. Almost same price with Dr Limmer in San Antonio and Dr Arocho in Houston.

What do you guys think?

Guys

I DEFINITELY want to go head and get this HT done. And honestly money is not a concern.

At this point I am trying to find the best doctor that can give me best results. At this point, Dr Hasson and Wong, Dr Shapiro and Dr Limmer are my options.

Now, how would you distinguish between them? I mean just go to the websites and look at their previous clients and see how the results are? Wouldn't that be a little misleading since they would obviously post the best results they ever accomplished?

So how do you determine what is best for you? What are the criterias to look? (except price)

I am also concerned about people posting about these doctors located in Vancouver or Minnesota. I mean wouldn't you think good doctors will be located in larger metropolitan areas like NY or San Fransisco. It seems like there are more paid posters here than the people mentioned in their signatures

Do a consult (online or live) with each of them; then compare their prognoses, and determine which agrees with you the most. Run searches for their work on various forums (here, HairLossHelp, e.g.); the most candid work you will find will most likely be that which is presented to the online world.

"I am also concerned about people posting about these doctors located in Vancouver or Minnestoa. I mean wouldn't you think good doctors will be located in larger metropolitan areas like NY or San Fransisco"

No. If anything, the worst doctors are located in such places.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

misterno: I saw your post and pics. You seem to have a similar amount of loss I once had. When it comes to research, I too found it so very important and looked at various hair transplant surgeons like yourself. Price wasn't an issue and travel meant nothing, as long as I got the result. Please take a look at my website: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Bobman/

And feel free to call me if you ever want to ask me questions. You can get my number through Mike. Wish you well...hope to hear from you.

🙃

Misterno,

I think the best way to get an impression of which clinic is best for you is to take both the clinical gallery online and the personal testimonials of patients together to come to your conclusion.

With regards to patient galleries on clinic websites, make sure that you find examples of loss that are similar to yours, look at the number of grafts used, the number of sessions, etc. While this should not be used as a tool to figure out what your own results will look like it will give you an idea of the consistency at which the clinic operates for cases similar to your own. For the record, all of our clinic photos are taken without the use of a flash on the camera and without studio lighting as this will distort the image compared to what is actual in reality. All photos are taken under direct florescent lights like in any office building.

Finally, speak to other patients that may have had the same type of loss as yours and get their impressions based on their own experiences as patient results is what ultimately matter.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by misterno:

Guys

I DEFINITELY want to go head and get this HT done. And honestly money is not a concern.

At this point I am trying to find the best doctor that can give me best results. At this point, Dr Hasson and Wong, Dr Shapiro and Dr Limmer are my options.

Now, how would you distinguish between them? I mean just go to the websites and look at their previous clients and see how the results are? Wouldn't that be a little misleading since they would obviously post the best results they ever accomplished?

So how do you determine what is best for you? What are the criterias to look? (except price)

I am also concerned about people posting about these doctors located in Vancouver or Minnesota. I mean wouldn't you think good doctors will be located in larger metropolitan areas like NY or San Fransisco. It seems like there are more paid posters here than the people mentioned in their signatures

Hello,

I can highly recommend Dr. Limmer. He performed a scalp reduction and a transplant on me back in 1993. He also did work on a fellow employee. We were both very pleased! I was impressed with his integrity and honesty. He's not a hard salesman like Bosley, MHR and others. I know he has even turned away business for one of my friends who really didn't need a hair transplant.

In March 2005, I landed in the ICU from Septic Shock and fell into a coma for 10 days. I was in the hospital and rehab. for 2 months. The meds. used to save my life caused tissue breakdown at pressure points and the hair on the back of my head 'stuck' to the pillow while I was in the coma. It caused a massive scar and some of the hair that Dr. Limmer transplanted was now gone. I went to see Dr. Limmer in August of 2006 and he did another scalp surgery to reduce the massive scar. The compassion that I was shown from Dr. Limmer and his wife was incredible. It was great catching up with them after so many years. In November of 2006, I had Dr. Limmer perform my 2nd hair transplant surgery. I am very pleased. I will be going for another procedure in the near future! Good Luck!

Greg

• 5 weeks later...

I have my HT done. It was a megasession done by Dr Arocha in Houston on 05/17/08 and a total of 4500 grafts.

Please look at my pictures and comment as you like.

It has been a week right now and Ijust finished taking Prednisone and takinh Propecia everyday. Propecia really effected me, dunno and how and where but certainly something has chenged in my body. Slowly I am getting used to it.