Abs Diet

repo-man

Didn't know where else to post this. Has anyone tried the Abs Diet by David Z? I bought the book a few months ago, but it has just been collecting dust on my shelf. Any advice on how to ease into it? How did it work out for you?

Well, I own the book and at least have "read" it, but have not incorporated any of his plans or suggestions. I strongly suggest you read it but I warn you, if you want to really d this diet than I would suggest this:

Turn to page 93 and start looking over his recipes in chapter 6 and consider going grocery shopping and purchasing some of the items youll need. Take it a step further and make something.

THEN start reading. It will help you make the committment BEFOREHAND.

The book is very readable, as well as very informative. Its written to inform you without putting you to sleep.

Chapter 2 explains the POWER FOODS pyramid. The Abs diet BULLSEYE found on page 48 is quick reference to the lessons found in the book, you will need to know those. Good luck

Thanks for the reply. I figured I would try to do something for a healthy diet since I am not too active post-op. I started to run 2-3 times in the past week at about 50% capacity and started lifting at about 50% capacity (shoulder press, tricep kickbacks, pushups, curls and pullups).

In any case, I will take your advice and purchase some of the stuff this week.

• 1 month later...

STAIR MASTER 45 minutes a day and eat clean...Very Simple!!!!!!

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

• 2 months later...

Spex, I *love* that type of exercise! Good stuff.....a personal favorite of mine is doing sledgehammer swings onto a tractor tire....

AMAZING for your core, obliques, conditioning, and mental conditioning.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 1 year later...

Ok you want abs. This is what you do. if you have no problems with your lower back situps are good..you can do them anywhere. work up to 80-100 first set, 40-60 the second and 30-40 the 3rd depending on your age. do them rhythymcally not too fast. i have my ipod every workout..keeps me from talking and inspires me. do the ab work 3x a week. thats the easy part. If you have a bad back go to the gym and do cable pull downswith the ropes...kind of a situp on your knees bending over....The hard part is diet. If you eat more than you burn you wont see any difference except a harder stomach. If you reduce your food intake so you use more calories a day than you eat you will see abs eventually. Or if you do cardio you will speed the process up alot cz cardio speeds your metabolism and burns energy. if youre young keep the intensity up...30 minutes ata time...for old guys like me i do less intense for 30 at a time. Want fast results...do the situps 3x per week, workout each day and cardio the same day 3 or 4x a week..and watch your food intake...you will strip down fast...but work into it over 4- 10 weeks, depending on how fit you are to start with, not all at once ( I tend to think according to my age).have one full day off it all per week. weight loss is training the mind as much as training the body and you have to work the mind into it as well. Im 55 and I look better now than I was at 25 and better than most guys in the gym now. Im a former novice Mr NZ, I know how to get results. Ok diet. Find what works for you. we all like different food. I skimp on breakfast( couple of eggs 1 pc toast) have a medium lunch 2 x chicken and salad sandwiches and a big dinner- (whatever i want) with beers or wine..:-) But im at the gym every day, and 3x a week Im there twice a day for cardio the 2nd time. Its hard going at my age cz the older you get the metabolism slows down and its a battle but my overall intake and the calories i burn is what counts for how I look. check the scales once a week, if youre losing every week and doing ab work the abs will happen. dont try and lose too much at once tho, the mind dosnt like it, lose a little at a time. eat as healthy as possible. i have cut all deserts/ sweets...except on vacation...:-) sugar is adictive....Good luck.

The Abs diet is a great book. An informative read, inspirational advice, and a real example of lifestyle. Use the recipes as a guideline and adapt them to your convenience, but obviously still sticking to the philosophy. Used me own workout, as opposed to those suggested, but the healthy eating advice, power foods and all, really works. I would say that after reading that 5 months ago, and working out currently 6 times a week (intense, I know), im in the best shape of my fairly healthy and shapeful life. No I dont work for Abs diet. But if they want to employ me, I may be available!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 4 weeks later...

Do P90X....I just finished my first round and the results are PHENOMENAL.

Its a kick-ass program, it is extremely hard but it works 100%. Check out youtube and just search for "p90x results". People just post videos (actually its more of a picture slide show) but you will get an idea of what it is. I haven't exercised for more than 15 years.. I wasn't fat but I had what I call a "skirt belly" that flops down.

After 90 days, my stomach has a 4-packs (didnt get the 6-pack cause I didnt really diet)