She Even Laughed at My Stupid Joke. ..

Lost the hat a couple days ago. This was the first time out in public besides quick trips to the gas station.

Despite being 6 months post op and having a thin, see-thru hairline, I must say that from the front at least, the HT has made a positive improvement. From almost completely bald to well. . . 6 months of growth. I'm not too happy with the density but I must admit I look better.

I was at the optometrist's office today and there was a hot 20-something sales rep in the office. I made some small talk and she seemed very friendly and dare i say flirtatious? She even laughed at my stupid joke and seemed very interrested to talk to me. What is this the twilight zone? I __guarantee__ that had I made the same innocuous statement 6 months ago that she would have probably looked up (maybe nodded)and been polite but then gone right back to work and ignored me.

Later at lunch I passed a table of women and they all made extended eye contact and followed me as I passed. (And they werent looking at my hairline!) I'm pretty sure a week ago I would have been invisible.

I got the HT because __honest to god__ people, both men and women discriminate negatively against you when you dont have hair. I noticed that women are attracted to me when I wear a hat. They make extended eye contact and are more likely to be friendly(like the old days).

When I go out bald, I am effectively invisible to most age groups. There is occasional interest, but usually only politeness, not "I'd like to know you".

Some people say it's confidence that gets this outcome, but I guarantee that is not what caused today's positive outcome. (I've actually been pretty insecure that people will detect it.) All I did was make a simple mildly sarcastic statement and she opened the door for conversation.

wow.

That's good to hear TE. I agree that it is the hair. I've had similar experiences. It's that initial impression/attraction. Exuding confidence might come into play later, but initially it's all about the look.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

It's been almost 4 months since my HT, and the difference is pretty significant. One thing I have noticed (which is common sense, but I hadn't thought of it) is that the bigger the difference that losing our hair made to our appearance, the bigger will be the difference in our appearance when we regrow our hair (hopefully you can understand what I was trying to say). For me, losing my hair made a big difference, and as such, regrowing it has as well. Like you, I've also noticed more looks from the ladies - kind of like the good old days.

• 2 months later...
Guest wanthairs

my luck with women dramatically went up after my first hair transplant. When I had the procedure, I just shaved my whole head and kept it that way for at least 6 months. funnily enough I had great luck with women then too even though my scar was showing, than before when I looked like was very close to being completely bald, with thin wispy tufts of hair on the top. When anyone asked me i just said I had an operation and left it like that...When my hair started growing in, I hooked up with a "10" someone im sure I never would have been able to date before.....

The bottom line is, hair is very important to the vats majority of women. I say either get transplants or shave it off....oh--and maintain a good physique.....

Shame that even with a growing lion's mane I still can't swing a decent chic! ;0

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Yeah, whatever. Unfortunately I'm married and been with the same woman for over 25 years so I wouldn't know about any of that. I MEAN FORTUNATELY!!! Jeez woman, I wish you would stop looking over my shoulder when i'm on here! Now, where was I? Oh yeah, never mind...

Yeah, whatever. Unfortunately I'm married and been with the same woman for over 25 years so I wouldn't know about any of that. I MEAN FORTUNATELY!!! Jeez woman, I wish you would stop looking over my shoulder when i'm on here! Now, where was I? Oh yeah, never mind...

Kman,

Funny stuff!

Got the old ball and chain around your ankle do you? 25 years is a long time. Hopefully you still want to celebrate icon_smile.gif

Bill

Nah, she's cool, in fact we'll be celebrating this October. I just give her a hard time to keep her on her toes. LOL

Truth be told, she's got an ass like J(el)LO.

I'm gonna pay for that one! Sometimes I wonder why she puts up with me. I say to all you single guy(by choice, that is), the love of a good woman is all a man really needs. There, that should put me back in her good books. icon_smile.gif

Bill, just in case I can sneak away when I'm in Montreal, where is the party?

• 2 weeks later...

Easssssssy there, killer! icon_smile.gif

Hey, I actually feel more anxiety now over my wardrobe for when I see Feller next week than how lush my temple points are! icon_wink.gif

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Emporer,

You make it sound like being bald is some sort of disease. I know plenty of guys who are bald, but could get a good looking girl over any guy w/ a full head of hair. It's truly all about confidence for women!! Gauranteed

Baldness (in some cases) is a flaming physical abnormality that violates our God-given notion of self; it is out of our control much like a disease to boot. I'm not sure if I would actually call MPB a disease w/o some jest, but I don't see it as being too far off when you consider it's implications.

Also, we have to define true baldness -- part of which is that a buzzed and even balded head is not in and of itself baldness as we classify it by MPB in an advanced form. The contours of a normal follicular state, let alone the trails of a legit hairline is NOT "baldness", and a guy w/ the aforementioned who just so happens to buzz/shave his head is NOT "bald".

-----------

Know where you are coming from Emperor; people say to me that I used to be good looking when I had hair lol, also my cousin whom is gorgeous said to me a while back that I used to be handsome but now I am bald and ugly!

Is a confidence thing not the amount of hair you have, yeah right.

When I was bald wearing a hat would get me the look from women but when taken off no interest would be shown even when trying to chat them up, I was confident then even with a bald head

Before I had any surgery there was no hairline and women didn't want to know but after a second HT Session to restore my hairline when shaved to a #1 there was interest; chatting up or the look!

johnno, your cousin needs to be put in her place and gain a bit humanity in the process -- that's disgusting what she said to you. Now, if she also has an IQ of 160 and the tongue of a snake it might be wise to just leave her to her throne.....

-----------

johnno,

It always amazes me how cruel people can be. Typically, only insecure people get off by insulting and making others feel low.

I have found women to be typically more insecure than me, yes, even the extremely beautiful ones.

I've always believed that confidence comes from the inside out, not the other way around. Feeling that we look better can certainly build our self-confidence, but true confidence is in who we are, not in how we look.

Let's face it. One day we will all be old and not look nearly as good as we used to, whether we lose hair or not. Your female cousin, assuming she's beautiful will one day be old, wrinkly, and saggy. Hopefully she will get a grip on the importance of inner beauty so she doesn't instill all hope on her own or someone else's looks.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill, how are you mate ?

Yes most of the people who have made derogatory comments towards my hair loss are the insecure ones!

My cousin is female and beautiful but is a bit of a teaser, but as you put it we all get wrinkly, saggy and old(well the lucky ones that reach an old age do), wonder if she'll be a teaser then! lol

And by way ur reponse to my post are very wise words from a very kind wise man, pity there weren't people like you around as the world would be a much better place!

Johnno, I too noticed the hat thing. When I would wear the hat, I would get smiles and looks from complete strangers. Without it, it never went so well. Just a fact. Yes, confidence does play a large role too.

Also, and I hate to say this, but are we men not JUST as bad? The larger and/or more unattractive women may have given me looks without the hat. Honestly, I would not have even noticed, because I was not looking at them.

Things just aren't always fair or nice in life, and we're all just dust in the wind and yadda yadda yadda...

Stimpy

• 1 month later...

I wonder if we place too much on hair

When I was in my early 30s every women I walked past seemed to react in some way. Now in my early 40s none of them really seem to and my hair loss was never as bad as many guys before my OP. Time goes on...Funnily enough in the worst "Doldrums" phase after the OP I've been seeing a very special woman. And the lies I've told hear abount the reasons for my strange hairline