How easily can a HT be spotted?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coloring it? You mean like platinum blond or something like that?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by Gorpy:

NW-4 here. I don't think my HT is detectable, other than the fact that I have a lot more hair now. It causes some strange stares from people that knew me pre HT, but I'm confident it's from just having a bunch more hair than before. Everything looks very natural to me.

There really is nothing detectable about this HT. You could inspect all you want and it would not be obvious to you. Is there a level of thinness? Yes (It's not as thick as my native hair). But over-all it's pretty thick and gives me a good look.

2nd_6.5-002web.jpg

Look here to see my pre-HT look.

I would never know you had a transplant if you hadn't told me.

That's fabulous work.

I hope mine comes out with the same aesthetic results.

Gorpy -

Your results look awesome! Its the most natural looking HT I have ever seen. You must be lovin it!

I wouldnt color it. The way you have it looks good.

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

The only thing I would consider doing is some highlights. Might be fun to play with it.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hi El Guapo.

I just got back from my first 3000 graft FUE transplant and I can honestly say that once the scabs fall off (eight days roughly) you cannot tell that a transplant has occurred.

I just got home from my second day back at work (just over two weeks since the HT) and not one person, including friends!!, noticed.

They were so thrown off by my new buzz cut that they didn't notice the completely natural new hairline!

But the overall response is "wow you look great" which is very encouraging. "short hair really suits you!"

All the best

Peter

Hooray for hair

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by el guapo:

Hi tb

Feller and Cole I am still waiting to hear back from.

I believe that 3000 is more realistic.

QUOTE]

El guapo,

What hapen with Dr. Cole recomendation? If you have not received it yet, please let me know.

Your username means "handsome" in Spanish icon_smile.gif

Regards,

Troy's hair is AMAZING; there is no way one can guess. Gorpy is on the second place icon_smile.gif

That said, many of other hairlines we see are a dead giveaway as "somthing's off." Maybe people do not assume HT but they notice that something is out of place. Thick, see through hair and high contrast with the skin are the worst conditions. IMO, either do like Armani does, or choose thinner hairs for the front.

Most top coalition docs make the hairline a bit thinner. No way anyone could spot my HT BUT I also think it is how you style your hair as well.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi all,

Balding Indian here! Thats some great stories - gives me assurance that if ever I need one - I wont look kije a freak or be riduculed! I do wish to play devil's advocate though, I have been going through many websites for transplantations and would to know, if the photo's they show are the 'very best' they have produced? They must be must they not? After reading on these forums that there are only a very handful of decent HT docs out there, I am mindful that for many this is primarily a business - I am a sucker for hype and would have gone to just anyone that convinced me had it not been for you guys.

If, then, all these HT websites are only showing their best work, about about the rest we never get to see - the average or bad results we may be unaware of? I have sadly read too many bad experiences on these forums.

I think, it may be wise then to say, yes, one can get a really good, near undetectible HT BUT only if done by the handful of decent docs as recommended on these forums or am I being too harsh? A major big thank you to all for your knowledge and input.

Balding Indian!

The key is these handful of docs produce consistent results. Others may too but the facts on here ( pics, comments, etc) reinforce that.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

"El guapo,

What hapen with Dr. Cole recomendation? If you have not received it yet, please let me know.

Your username means "handsome" in Spanish

Regards,"

Hi Fithair.

I know, I used to be handsome before my genetics got the better of me.

Reg Dr Coles recommendation:

Yes I have got it thank you. I find it a bit odd though that everytime I send a question it takes two weeks, and usually some new person answers me or

I get some premade answer that has nothing to do with the question I asked.

Maybe you guys are really busy?

Originally posted by Balding Indian!:

Hi all,

Balding Indian here! Thats some great stories - gives me assurance that if ever I need one - I wont look kije a freak or be riduculed! I do wish to play devil's advocate though, I have been going through many websites for transplantations and would to know, if the photo's they show are the 'very best' they have produced? They must be must they not? After reading on these forums that there are only a very handful of decent HT docs out there, I am mindful that for many this is primarily a business - I am a sucker for hype and would have gone to just anyone that convinced me had it not been for you guys.

If, then, all these HT websites are only showing their best work, about about the rest we never get to see - the average or bad results we may be unaware of? I have sadly read too many bad experiences on these forums.

I think, it may be wise then to say, yes, one can get a really good, near undetectible HT BUT only if done by the handful of decent docs as recommended on these forums or am I being too harsh? A major big thank you to all for your knowledge and input.

Balding Indian!

Thats an excellent question. But, thanks to this forum and all the advice you get on it you can avoid any real chance of being on the wrong end of a natural looking transplant. The newest techniques and the most experience in performing repeatedly natural looking results and you have nothing to worry about these days, provided you have done your research, sought out the advice of others and know what is best for you before ever getting started with your surgery.

For many who did this years ago they are no seeking out these same surgeons to repair work that was nothing like todays undetectable results. Choose wisely and always know your limitations

It costs from 1000-3000 Euro, is cheap regarding to 10000 dollars in US but it'so fake and in my case who always kept my hair shaved or very sort and I would like to keep it that way a hairtransplant will seem's even more fake.Too bad and all I really need is 200-500 hair grafts

Originally posted by omar77:

It costs from 1000-3000 Euro, is cheap regarding to 10000 dollars in US but it'so fake and in my case who always kept my hair shaved or very sort and I would like to keep it that way a hairtransplant will seem's even more fake.Too bad and all I really need is 200-500 hair grafts

I have limited donor area and just recently received a tad shy of 500 grafts on the outer perimeter, it feels very promising at the moment (only a day or two post op) but it should make an incredible improvement.

As far as cost, I was pleased to pay $3000.00, and I'll tell you what else, if you can convert a strong Euro against a weak dollar and come to the U.S. you could be looking good for a more favorable exchange rate.

It goes to show you that technology, like qualified surgeons in a field as specific as hair transplanation, is not universal throughout the world. Sometimes you gotta take a plane ride.

el guapo

I am just like you. This is a big question for me, and I didn't want to move forward until I had seen for myself.

The truth is, if you are anything like me, you'll be accepting but skeptical with anything you hear here.

If you're anything like me, you wont be sold until you see it in person from a live walking talking previous patient.

I chose Dr. Shapiro because I saw patients of his live and in person. I also know that he worked on other HT docs (and met some of them). In addition to that, I haven't seen one bad pic of his online (even searching for and wide and far outside this site).

To answer your question, no, hair transplants are not undetectable. If you dig through the hair in the back of your head, you will find a scar, so thats not undetectable.

However, when I met Dr. Rose and he told me that he had a HT, I said "Huh? What?! Really?" and asked to see his scar. I seriously couldn't tell at all.

Since I've learned that HT's are not noticeable even at close inspection, I've focused more on the following:

1.) The scar. I am doing scalp exercises in anticipation of my surgery on the 30th because I really want to be able to cut my hair close and not have a noticeable scar.

2.) Future loss. I wanted to go to a doc that would be conservative yet effective, and take into account future loss so I didn't look like a freak show later in life.

Thats my 2 cents, and again, you can take it or leave it. I hope it helps.

But do yourself a favor: do the legwork and go meet some previous patients of docs that you are interested in or heard good things about. Hearing me or anyone else talk on this forum wont convince you (nor should it).

Good luck man.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

EMUSteve

I hear what youre saying.

I am also very sceptical of the whole procedure, mainly due to the shady pictures you see online.

(You know the ones I mean with that silly HT comnbover style)

I am currently tossing uop between Strip or FUE.

I like the whole idea of the "scarless" FUE but in all honesty the results from a great strip surgeon, the price difference and the number of available grafts make strip a viable option still.

I am just concerned that Ill be in trouble down the line if I need to buzz my head.

Thansk for your input and let us know how it works out.

Originally posted by el guapo:

I am just concerned that Ill be in trouble down the line if I need to buzz my head.

Thansk for your input and let us know how it works out.

If you are worried about buzzing your head than why bother with a HT? Maybe you should buzz first and even see if you want one?

As stated, the top HT surgeons (ones recommeneded on this board) do undetectable work. You may be like me and have to leave your hair a tad longer over your scars but who cares?

Besides, most scars are barely visible these days too.

I would think that after your initial sessions using strip surgery you could go to FUE for even better coverage and natural looking results.

Todays results make 10 years ago easily spottable to the trained eye, but even to the trained eye, good luck spotting a HT from a coalition doctor today. They are just too natural looking unless you are looking for it and have previous knowledge it was done.

Just to add to this thread, is jet black hair significantly more detectable than fair hair due to the contrast between root & scalp when it comes to HT results?

These views are from my own learned experience. I am NOT a Doctor, but people say that I do look like one from a distance.