Haven't Logged in Here in Over 6 Years. Success Story with Pics!

KlotzConchord

Well you have probably shaved your head and look good.

That just not an option alot of guys will go to.

Im sure we all have shaved our hair bald or really close at one time and know if we can pull it off,or not

Next time your at a ballgame outside just look at 50 younger guys hair and 50% or more of them have see-through hair in the sun.

Not many guys have Elvis ,Kennedy ,or Reagan hair.

If you have a big ass head and are a nw5 and above with less the desired donor at 25 ,I would say definitely shave your head and see how it looks before even considering a transplant..

Gel and styling aids can also destroy the true density God created.

I agree your perfect transplant ,but until HM comes around we can only keep wishing.

Thats why its sooooo important to research for months/ years before making a final choice.

Always at least try the shaved look first.

You never know you might like it and on the right person it can even be a better look then the hair you had at 18.

For me the shaved look was not an option as I have alot of scars from a rough past. I figured whats one more.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ll tell you something because things are not so simple in the shaving head option...and when i say shave i dont nean razor blade shave but with clippers which is very different with shaving.

when i tried once buzzing my head to almost 0 i did it just to try it without hairloss being so noticable yet. I went home and my own mother was shocked!!!She said "oh my god its the first time i see my son so ugly!!!leave your hair long again!!!"...i mean what do you do after that when your own mother says that when supposedly mothers cannot see their own sons as ugly icon_smile.gif.ofcourse she never thought by then that i would go bald not my dad or brother are bald..

Anyway eventaully hairloss kicked in and as i saw it progressing and going closer to the point where i had to do something radical about it, my mothers words were hunting me and i was saying i am f*cked thats it i dont know what to do,...there are guys that buzz their hair and forget about it and i look so bad and i will have to go through transplants or drugs or i dont know what to save me from this thing.

I eventually did it again and i HATED IT my confidence was down the drain i didnt liked it i couldnt believe that was me.So i started propecia and left my hair long again and i could manage myself better and got confidence back but i had slight sideffects at first and i didnt feel that horny as before so even if i looked better i was afraid i might go with a girl and something will go wrong...i just couldnt live with that...

I stopped prop and my hair went away and i had to do sothing again while all the time this desperation was driving me closer to the transplant scenario...i was feeling dreadfull i was seeing pictures in forums of amazing transformations but still i knew deep inside that things are not so easy and there are risks...

I chose to try it again and again... It was difficult i had no confidence whatsoever i was even afraid to talk to girls i just couldnt look at them in the eyes and i was not myself.but i persisted i tried to make it work, i stopped using rogaine 5% twice a day and my face started looking better, i didnt have this bloated face anymore and things started to look better. the most important thing i started feeling better from inside about it and this was obvious to other people as well...i started being me again!!And then everything started chainging me and others got used to my new look and even my mother commented that it suits me well and that i look so good and that my face looks much better.

I had people making jokes and in the beginning i fealt dreadfull.now i laugh as well if i see that is a sterotype funny comment and not an insult and i dont take it personal and i see that people respect that because they know that if they were in my shoes maybe they wouldnt be able to be so cool about it.

The only thing i am saying is that it took time and my story is not as simple as i looked good with a shaved head.

You know why i am still here in these forums, i thionk of myself back then when i was in despair and look myslef now and i have to tell to people how this works so they dont fall into adventures that they can avoid.also i have seen how all these consultants and salesmen operate in these forums, they will adjust to the level of knowledge and expertise that we have and they wont be able to FORGET LETS SAY to mention some truths.if we have standards and protect the newcomers consultants wont dare to claim 15000 grafts donor, or so us shady pictures or tell us that propecia and avodart have nothing to do with how the transplants look.

I know how this whole hair thing affected me and i cannot bare the thought that guys can be trapped into this without being able to have a safety exit when the reality hits them and their mind is ready to free them from all this... but the scar on the back of their head wont.

should we believe everything?

I know how this whole hair thing affected me and i cannot bare the thought that guys can be trapped into this without being able to have a safety exit when the reality hits them and their mind is ready to free them from all this... but the scar on the back of their head wont.

Quoted for truth. It's JUST HAIR, people. Don't try to tell me different. I've been there and back. Don't throw away tens of thousands of $$$ for what you mistake for true confidence. True confidence doesn't come from HAIR, it comes from inside you, and accepting who you are.

Baldness is masculine. Jason Statham would look really gay with hair.

I appreciate your story but whats wrong with guys wanting to look better.

I think that if any guy can can get away with the shaved looked then go for it but there are some that just cant.

If your wifes boobs were hanging by her knees,and she asked you if she could get them fixed because shes lost confidence , would you tell her ahhh its just boobs .

If you would your a better man then me or a liar icon_smile.gif

Boy are they hot bald.

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolr/bal...lery-hilary-duff.jpg

http://www.352media.com/rantin...-bald-400a030207.jpg

http://justintadlock.com/blog/...07/02/moore-jane.jpg

Oh yeah glad you got over that hopful. That was messed up

Wolf,

Quoted for truth. It's JUST HAIR, people. Don't try to tell me different. I've been there and back. Don't throw away tens of thousands of $$$ for what you mistake for true confidence. True confidence doesn't come from HAIR, it comes from inside you, and accepting who you are.

Though I appreciate that shaving your head was the solution that worked for you, I find it a bit strange and contradictory that you are now telling people what to do and not do with their money.

Weren't you earlier accusing this community of overselling hair transplants to convince people how to spend their money? Aren't you now doing the same thing?

I do agree that true confidence comes from within. But it's also human nature to want to look our best. Maybe hair loss doesn't bother you anymore. But if you gained a lot of weight, are you telling me you wouldn't hit the gym to get your figure back? If you developed acne all of your face, are you telling me that you wouldn't spend the time and money on treatments to clear your complexion?

Best Regards,

Bill

WolfmansBrudda,

I recognize what you're saying. Even with my NW3V, I known girls in the office are attracted to me by my confidence.

I do what I do for vanity and to please my self primarily. Then if girls like my thicker hair, then fine.

take care...

Nice call on the subtle -- but telling -- hypocrisy, Bill....and excellent cross-examples...

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

I appreciate your story but whats wrong with guys wanting to look better.

I think that if any guy can can get away with the shaved looked then go for it but there are some that just cant.

If your wifes boobs were hanging by her knees,and she asked you if she could get them fixed because shes lost confidence , would you tell her ahhh its just boobs .

Look if you have to take hormone altering drugs for ever and you have to cut a huge strip of skin from your skull to feel confident again then go for it.but since

1.we are men and not britney spears

2.bald is mainstream

3. there is no cure for hairloss

then maybe we dont need to consume ourselves fighting a loosing battle for the rest of our lives.

thats all take care

WolfmansBrudda:

It is nice that you had found your confidence back by shaving your hair. This look may suit you but definitely not for the vast majority of men. It is not even debatable: a person looks better with hair than a bald/shaven head.

Just a question: if you had a choice would you grow your hair or keep this shaven look? The answer is quite clear, knowing your past story in dealing with hair loss. So please don't preach us about what to do with our head. I spent enough time on this forum to see that many of HT patients are intelligent, educated and make above average income. As such, we don't need someone to come here to try to protect us like we are some anorexic teenagers with image problems. We know what we want.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Though I appreciate that shaving your head was the solution that worked for you, I find it a bit strange and contradictory that you are now telling people what to do and not do with their money.

Weren't you earlier accusing this community of overselling hair transplants to convince people how to spend their money? Aren't you now doing the same thing?

There's a big difference here. You're comparing apples and oranges. The doctors and drug companies are in it for the money. I, on the other hand, stand nothing to gain other than perhaps the peace of mind knowing that I helped someone out there who was just like me realize that spending tens of thousands of dollars all for some extra hair up top just doesn't cut the mustard when one looks at the big picture.

The difference between my opinion and theirs is that if you follow my advice, you get richer; if you follow theirs, they get richer.

I didn't accuse this community of overselling anything. If you would have paid more attention to my earlier post (which you quoted) you would have noticed that I said:

But I have seen lots of advertising elsewhere that does exactly that. They show guys with their new hair dancing and flirting with beautiful women, making you feel like you need to have hair to do such things.

I have seen (and succumbed to) that type of "overselling" before. But not here.

If you would your a better man then me or a liar icon_smile.gif

I hardly think that confidence would be high on the list of priorities if she had boobs hanging to her knees. I would think that basic things like walking, dressing, hygiene, excercise would be made difficult and would require some kind of corrective action.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there (which would hopefully be never). icon_biggrin.gif

Just a question: if you had a choice would you grow your hair or keep this shaven look?

Yes I would be lying if I said I preferred to Bic my head every other morning over having a full head of hair...

But I will never have a full head of hair again.

So the case is closed. You gotta make lemonade from your lemons. icon_cool.gif

wolfman.... i appreciate EVERYTHING your saying.... i could not agree more... u posting your experience will and has helped people to see that given our advances in restioration THIS is STILL the only safe, and proven way to beat hairloss, and end the suffering...even those who went through with the transplant find out that their hair concerns HAVE JUST BEGUN.. and their progressive hairloss can never fully leave their mind for good........

PGP---- id suppport my wife if she wanted to fix her saggy tits... however she does not need to worry about pulling fron a FINITE supply of boobage to do so... nor does she risk future sagging that will leave her tits looking MORE UNNATURAL than her original natural saggy tits..... not to metion boobs are covered up 99% of the time where as ones hair is on display always... i get what your sayin but hair restioration on a TRULY BALD man provides minimal coverage in the VAST majority of cases.....

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

WolfmansBrudda,

I commend you for looking at your hairloss problem and making the best of it. I actually did the same thing for a long time. I shaved down with a 0 or 1 guard for about fifteen years. I actually have been happily married for the same amount of time. I had looked into hair restoration back in the early nineties before I had gotten married. I was actually turned away because the Dr. said I was too young (23) and asked me to come back in five years so we could see where my thinning would level out. At the time, I was devastated! However, it probably ended up being a godsend, because I went to the Beverly Hills Insitute to look into getting the Flemming/Meyer Flap procedure. Chances are that I would be very unhappy right about now if I would have gotten it done back then. Anyway, after approximately a one year imprisonment by the Scare Club For Men, I decided to do what you did: Shave it off. I got used to it over time. Actually, more and more men were starting to do it, so it wasn't a big deal. Even though I accepted my baldness and was living a normal life, I still wished I had hair every once in a while. My wife never even thought twice about it, though. Up until about a year and a half ago, I didn't give Hair Trasnplants any thought whatsoever. However, I was surfing the net one day and came across an article that peaked my interest. I realized that a lot of significant advancements had been made over those fifteen years. In addition, I discovered Toppik and Dermatch. My hairloss has been stable at about a NW4 for at least ten years now, so I decided to grow my hair out and give the concealers a try. All I can say, is that my friends and family liked me with hair...a lot. They were giving me unsolicited comments like, "Don't ever shave your head again" and "Wow, you look so different! You look great". Now, when you hear things like that, you know that hair makes a quite difference in one's appearance. But it's up to each of us to decide how we want to deal with the hand that we've been dealt. There is no single best answer. If one feels better about himself by having a procedure, then so be it. If one wants to shave it all off, then that's cool too.

S5H

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Keene

3700+ Grafts with Dr. Keene 8/26/08 & 8/27/08

9600+ Total Hairs

That's all I'm trying to do, offer a way out. I secretly suffered and agonized over hair loss for such a long time. Now it seems like it was in another lifetime. You older guys who have already started the HT process can ignore me if you want. I'm sorry if my opinion offends you since that's the path you chose. I'm mostly speaking to the younger guys who have yet to go under the knife. You know who you are. I just want to let them know that their minds can change. What seems so important now may not be so important in a matter of a just a few years.

Nothing wrong with trying to help. Thats what we are here for but your advice has already been tried by all before ,thats why they are here now

Remember though not all guys have super aggressive hair loss at a young age or financial issue like you had .

Looking back I would have preferred the bald look but I would look like a war vet with it .

You had no choice as a transplant on you would have looked thin .

Thats why its so important to go to a honest clinic like Shapiro Medical and a few others.

They will be upfront with you ,

Take good care of your grafts if you decided on surgery.

Plant at densities to obtain the goal ,without overkill.

They will try to determine where your hairloss is going in the next 10 years.

I could go on and on but just everything that benefits you,not them.

I know you might be thinking ,yeah right but its true . Thats the main reason I chose them.

The first two clinics didnt give a damn . Punk ass Nuhart

If guys are on this site more then likely they have ALL tried the shaved looked at one time or another and didnt like it.

My only advice is if you choose surgery ONLY go to a TOP elite clinic and not these average or even above average clinics.

A clinic like SMG and other TOP clinics dont have to reel you in for business so they can just be honest and if you choose not to have surgery it doesnt affect them one bit.

Some clinics practically beg you and offer all these bullshit promises that never come true.

Most of the guys that warn against transplants are guys that cant afford it.

Younger guys that have extremely aggressive hair loss and know having there hair back is impossible .

Guys that have had bad transplants in the past [me]

I do have to agree and say try the shaved looked first before even considering surgery but Im sure everyone reading this already has.

If guys are on this site more then likely they have ALL tried the shaved looked at one time or another and didnt like it.

i shaved and loved it,so did my wife(eventually,when it became fashionable).

but after doing it for 15 years it becomes boring.you also get pidgeonholed with that bald doorman type of thing especially if you are a bigger guy.then you start looking at really old guys 70 plus who shave with that wrinkly skin above the ears and liver spots! icon_eek.gif(think the scientist from futurama)

this was my reasoning behind wanting a ht(look a little more approachable)and hopefully i will keep my transplanted hair untill i'm in my 70,s(with the help of future developements) or i'll be walking about with wrinkles above the ears,liver spots and a foot long smiley across the back. icon_biggrin.gif

oh well thats 32 years away and i'm living for today where i can brush and wash my hair every morning.hopefully by the time i'm that old i'll be past caring about this vanity lark and more concerned with taking a piss properly!

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Wolfsman,

Trust me when I say I appreciate your story. If I felt comfortable and confident with a shaved head, I would have done it long ago and been done with it.

You're going to have to remember however, that people are going to make up their own minds what's best for them no matter what anyone says. Whether shaving you shave your head or find an elite surgeon to help you restore your hair with realistic expectations rather than the kind of commercialized hype you're referring to, if the end result is an increase in confidence, that's the whole point.

Best Regards,

Bill

Originally posted by WolfmansBrudda:

That's all I'm trying to do, offer a way out. I secretly suffered and agonized over hair loss for such a long time. Now it seems like it was in another lifetime. You older guys who have already started the HT process can ignore me if you want. I'm sorry if my opinion offends you since that's the path you chose. I'm mostly speaking to the younger guys who have yet to go under the knife. You know who you are. I just want to let them know that their minds can change. What seems so important now may not be so important in a matter of a just a few years.

100% agree.It happened to me too, one day i just stopped caring.Its all in the mind, you can save thousands of dollars and avoid many risks just by riding it out.u wont be trully free unless you give up the fight.Maybe for some people is not an option but for the vast majority of guys i trully believe thats the best option.

No matter how they sell it transplants are not where they should be yet, all young people before jumping into this wagon should first try to make the buzz cut look good on them (loose weight and workout thats about it).

bare in mind that at first the change will be great and you have to give your self time and your closed ones to get used to your new look...dont just give up right away it might save you thousands of dollars, surgeries and drugs.

Hopefull and Wolfman:

I don't doubt for a second that you are here to help nor that i doubt your sincerity. We need more of you guys here than the shills from HLH or Hairsites.

However, i happen to think that both of you may be lying to yourself. With a little knowledge of social psychology, you would understand what your are doing is to resign to the fact that you will never have hair, and as such, you are changing your mindset to fit your action (you can't have hair). It is called trying to reduce cognitive dissonance. An example would be like someone who are hesitating between two cars (car A and car B), and finally chooses car A. After buying car A, he has buyer remorse, but knows that the contract is signed and he can't get car B. He, therefore, conditions himself to view car A in a much better light (than before signing the contract) in order to fit with his action. Another example would be when people are saying: money can't buy happiness! (because most of time, these people don't have any money anyway). Or being dumped by the woman you love, and then say that she is not good for you anyway by finding/inventing reasons that were not there in the first place.

Wolfman, what you are doing is forcing yourself to like your shaven look. That includes finding reasons (risk, scar, money etc) for not having HT, including posting the happiness found with your look. It is all good, and i am certainly happy for you being happy about yourself. But again, don't preach us like if you are only the one who sees the light.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

No matter how they sell it transplants are not where they should be yet,

so true... this is what some seem to be missing.....

its not just about saving money although that is a plus... its about keeping yourself from being forced into LIFE LONG maintenance... there is good reason why SO MANY of us patients never leave this site for too long and its not just to help others..... its because hairloss is NEVER far from our minds... its cause we know were still not done... its still a 'worry' to us... we ARE losing our hair... and it WILL continue..... and it WILL continue to be an issue for us.....

for wolfman it is NOT an issue. he does not suffer... and as of now if you go bald HIS METHOD IS STILL the only one that truly frees you from this.....

HTS can turn a NW6 into a NW 3 with thinning in the crown.... thats about the best MOST ALL OF us could hope for.... and yes thats an improvment worth having for many... but to all you YOUNG guys with native hair still... KNOW YOU WILL LOSE IT. and know that once you get that first HT you cannot go back, you WILL have scarring no matter what method you choose. your transplanted hair WILL have to be kept at a certian length to look good, it WILL act differently, it WILL NOT be dense(unless your overusing donor hair, which will cause you even MORE issues when you progress, and will appear much more thin in sunlight and direct overhead lighting(especially those with straight hair)......and if nothing else YOUNG GUYS.... KNOW THAT EVEN AFTER YOU HAVE YOUR HT YOUR FIGHT AGAINST HAIRLOSS IS JUST BEGINNING... yet your OPTIONS HAVE NOW BEEN REDUCED........

and lastly, know that wolfman has NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THESE ISSUES AND HE LIKELY NEVER WILL....

plus his wife is hot....

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***