Patient Results for Dr. Madhu-Prasad 2940 F.U`s

FUT performed on 26 yrs old Indian male.NW class 6. Donor density of 80/sq.cm.

Treatment Plan:

1) Procedure done in single session.

2) Procedure performed for filling the front and mid scalp.

3) Medical treatment with Finasteride and menoxidil to stabilize and prevent further hair loss.

Procedure done on july 27th, 2007.

Single: 810.

Double: 1620.

Triple: 510.

Total: 2940 F.U's.

Dr.Madhu's.

945104564_CC0F66DED1588AA0A1684702DF1BC15F.JPG.thumb 845104564_13CFA427CAC84859376AAA8285BA1847.JPG.thumb 762108764_28B9692C4FBEFDE1579364DAE6E1801F.JPG.thumb 745104564_88B90918FFD9BD7B55584A91749F06E6.JPG.thumb 645104564_7B0E6EFA900DB582F24EC0EA6238CEE3.JPG.thumb 562108764_C0D9F2367022678DFD27D2661F1818CA.JPG.thumb 545104564_C6929792E75AA8906C821D3274F3B530.JPG.thumb 455104564_C4625330A292FDFC32DF613745AFE50C.JPG.thumb 445104564_BC84B304EB585C87A6A35AA67EA659D8.JPG.thumb 355104564_85C00E41CD1AF81C531763684CBDF799.JPG.thumb 255104564_9AFDD3C3B83242F550A19844EDCC3AAD.JPG.thumb 155104564_CC29C7AD6FC16B88FDBEE910765459EC.JPG.thumb

Originally posted by Dr.Madhu:

FUT performed on 26 yrs old Indian male.NW class 6. Donor density of 80/sq.cm.

Treatment Plan:

1) Procedure done in single session.

2) Procedure performed for filling the front and mid scalp.

3) Medical treatment with Finasteride and menoxidil to stabilize and prevent further hair loss.

Procedure done on july 27th, 2007.

Single: 810.

Double: 1620.

Triple: 510.

Total: 2940 F.U's.

Dr.Madhu's.

Two more close-up photos have been added but they are of small size.Bigger versions willbe added soon.

Dr.Madhu

Dr. Madhu,

I assume the two new photos you added would be great if they were actually larger. I think maybe you reduced the size a bit too much because the images aren't any bigger than 350 X 220. You may want to take the high resolution image and size it down no smaller than 800 X 640. That will help give us a clear picture of the hairline.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dr.Madhu your work looks very impressive and natural as well. The way you have listed out no. of grafts is also good. Keep up the good work. As i live in India it's now easy for me to access your hospital. Above all it's nice to find a quality hair transplant Surgeon in India.

All I can see is Dr. madhu just trying to get potential recommendation here by only posting pictures of patient with curly/wavy hair. No patients with straight hair? He doesn't come to this forum to answer and explain some questions. Only posting pictures. I will lose hope in this forum if recommendation is given so easily. I should just do my specialization in hair transplant and get 5-7 patients with curly/ wavy hair and post it here.

RajToor,

Did you take a dose or two of negativity after you woke up this morning? Given your record of positive and helpful posts, this kind of response seems very unlike you.

I personally invited Dr. Madhu to begin posting examples of his work to be considered for potential recommendation.

What questions did Dr. Madhu not answer for you? Have you asked him questions on a public discussion thread or via consultation?

Most physicians (recommended or not) don't read every discussion thread and answer questions publicly addressed to them. They simply don't see it. Thus, if you have a question for a particular doctor, it's always better that you send them an email, at the very least, to encourage them to reply publicly.

As hair_care already pointed out, wavy and thick hair are typicaly hair characteristics of Indians. Whether or not he's done a lot of work on non-Indian patients, I don't know. But right now there are a number of Indian hair loss sufferers who'd love to see a quality physician recommended in India.

We are very thorough in our prescreening process and give all members a chance to offer their input prior to recommending a new doctor. At this time, we are considering him and in my opinion, the results he's showed so far are impressive. Are you saying you disagree?

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, I am an Indian origin myself, so I guess I know better than you. Not all Indian has thick and wavy hair. He is only posting patient's results from his area and or maybe southern part of India. And yes, those people has darker complexion and thicker hair. What about northern Indians or even non-Indians? Can he just post 1 patient result who has fairer complexion and straight hair? I am not being bias or racism to anyone. This is just my opinion.

RajToor,

Since you haven't answered WHY you're not "impressed" with his results so far, I can only assume your primary concern is that you'd just like to see examples of patients with finer and straighter hair characteristics?

I can certainly ask him to post a few examples of patients with different hair characteristics. But why you didn't just ask him for additional examples instead of making it sound like he's doing something unethical and claiming you'd "lose hope in this forum" is beyond me.

Personally, I'd like to know why you sounded so accusatory toward this community if all you really wanted was to see a few additional examples of patients with finer and straighter hair.

Bill

Generally, I like what I'm seeing from Dr. Madhu. The hairlines look pretty natural and I think he makes good use of the grafts for a nice illusion of density. I suppose I could use more immediate post-op photos.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

sorry Bill, I did put in some harsh and strong words. This forum has helped me a lot. I will take those words back. I am not yet impressed by his work because he choose to post patients with benefits of hair characteristics and skin complexion. I did PM him few days back but I guess he is busy or not interested in giving back a reply, but he came in to post more patients results the following. Maybe he just want to make his pocket bigger. Bishal82, as you know wavy hair does give a good coverage on a darker skin complexion. Wavy hair on a slightly fairer skin complexion will only be a decent result. That was only my point as many future HT patient might get tricked by this.

saifudheen, I even send him an e mail, the reply I received was ' please join their pre op program'. I am suppose to send them all my details all over again. Maybe pictures are not good enough but for our top notch docs here, I am happy, fast reply with similar grafts needed. When I did my medicine course in Moscow, there was some Indian students who couldn't speak English, they told me they can choose between hindi or english medium. So even over there, they don't want to study in English but opt for Russian medium. So, I guess its normal if they don't know the language well, but we hope they know their work.

I have to go with Bill here. I like the results that Dr Madhu has posted so far. The results are impressive and look natural.

Of course, for every doctor, we would like to see all sorts of permutations and combinations of straight hair, curly hair, crooked hair and for all sorts of skin complexions and ethnicities. However, that doesn't mean we should slam a doctor who has posted impressive results. If a doctor is based in India, obviously his patients are LIKELY to be relatively dark-complexioned, just like a doctor based in Iceland is LIKELY to have patients who are more fair complexioned (duh!).

Honestly, I was surprised there isn't more clamor about this result -- it kind of reminds me of a case Dr. Keller posted not too long ago. From the pics, it's one of the finest cases I've seen in terms of coverage+density/#grafts.

Immediate post-ops would be very nice, though.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

RajToor,

I can't answer why Dr. Madhu has not replied to your private message. When did you send it? One thing I can tell you is that he's been having difficulty with his email. It took him almost a month to reply to one of my emails because it was caught in his spam filter. When private messages are sent through the forum, they come from yet another new email address from this site.

I don't know if this is the case, but it's just a thought. He's usually pretty responsive when he actually gets the email.

Saifudheen,

Dr. Madhu does speak English. I have a dozen plus emails to prove it.

Also, you said:

"If he doesn't know English, how did he become a doctor?"

Speaking English isn't a requirement to become a doctor as there are medical programs all over the world and in many different languages.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Forrest Gump, Do u know in India, there is more than 20 different races with 20 different languages, There are Indians who has dark complexion, Indians who is white as a Caucasian, Indians which origin from Persia who look likes middle eastern, Even Indians who look like Chinese. I wish you to go to every corner of India to study this. Don't be fool by movies such as slumdog millionaire, as you go towards northern side, the skin complexion and hair characteristic changes.

Winner OO7 is right, His patients are only from one area and they have thick and wavy hair.