Patient Results for Dr. Madhu-Prasad 2940 F.U`s

The pictures of Dr.Madhu's album are really very good and even my friend has undergone hair transplantation with Dr.Madhu 1 yr back, he is pretty happy with the results. I have even visited the hospital thrice, I was fortunate enough to interact with his old patients, seems everyone is happy with him and his good work.

I agree with RajToor,

all his patients have some benefits,being Indian origin myself with Chinese characteristics, can he prove that he has done a good job to fairer complexion and finer hair?

Sorry, too many newbies here so I had to add my comments. Most Indians has darker skin complexion but not all my friends nor me.

Originally posted by RajToor:

Forrest Gump, Do u know in India, there is more than 20 different races with 20 different languages, There are Indians who has dark complexion, Indians who is white as a Caucasian, Indians which origin from Persia who look likes middle eastern, Even Indians who look like Chinese. I wish you to go to every corner of India to study this. Don't be fool by movies such as slumdog millionaire, as you go towards northern side, the skin complexion and hair characteristic changes.

Winner OO7 is right, His patients are only from one area and they have thick and wavy hair.

Rajtoor, actually there are 22 officially scheduled languages in India. So it seems that I know more about India than you do. icon_smile.gif

I have been to over 15 states in India, from J&K and HP in the north through TN and Karnataka in the south, and from Gujarat in the west to the northeastern states of Assam and Meghalaya. So yes, I have traveled to almost every corner of India, and I am aware of the diversity in terms of skin color, looks, etc.

You missed the points of my earlier posts. Of course, for all doctors we would like to see all permutations and combinations of hair and skin characteristics, color, etc. However, a doctor who is not yet recognized outside his city or state will get patients only from his home state. As winner007 pointed out, in Dr. Madhu's case, most of his patients are LIKELY to be from a particular state, where they might have similar hair/skin color and characteristics. Now that he has started posting on this forum, who knows he might get patients from other parts of India or from even outside India, that would allow him to post results for a wider range of skin/hair characteristics.

A doctor is obviously going to post his most impressive results in the first pitch he makes to this forum. I don't know much about this doctor, as to how he responds to emails or his personality, etc. However, the pictures that he has posted so far point to very impressive results. Don't you see the excellent transformation that only 3000 grafts has made to someone very high on the NW scale?

Of course, the skin/hair characteristics of the patients posted so far definitely help them achieve better results. However, don't be under the mistaken assumption that just because a patient has dark/curly hair and similar-toned skin color, he can achieve great results with any doctor. Do a search around this forum. I can think of two somewhat recent cases where the patients had dark, curvy hair and dark complexions, and they still got sub-optimal results.

Hi guys,

I have baldness, after visiting this forum i came to know about Dr.Madhu. I have personally visited the clinic of Dr. Madhu today and quite satisfied with his way of dealing the patients.

I have seen two guys who came there for follow up. I was encouraged to talk to them. They expressed their complete satisfaction of the surgery. I am quite impressed with the results and i am commiting myself without any hesitation.

Thanks to this forum.

Guys,

At your request, I've asked Dr. Madhu in an email earlier this weekend to provide a few examples of patients with varying hair characteristics. He did reply to my email and is certainly willing to honor your request. I trust we'll see additional examples of his work in the coming week.

Thanks for holding physicians accountable by asking for a variety of examples of their work :-)

Bill

Hi guys,

I am from Hyderabad and going through all the discussions in this thread. Dr. Madhu is really a famous hair transplant surgeon and heard a lot about him. Then immediately i thought of attending his clinic for my hair loss and also with a view to check his clinic. Really an impressive experience and I developed much more good impression after visiting his clinic.

The clinic has a very good ambience and receptive people to answer anything. There are quite a good no. of patients waiting in the hall and after a few minutes all the people including me were taken into a big counseling room. A dermatologist gave a lot of information about hair, hair fall, hair transplantation through multimedia and power point presentations. A lot of information has been shared and most of the queries were answered. Then I was taken to a separate room by one of the junior doctors and they were taking a clear cut case record asking all my concerns like a clinical case. After some time, I was presented to Dr. Madhu who just came out of Operation theatre. Then Dr. Madhu checked thoroughly and prescribed me only medicines explaining the reasons. I am quite satisfied with the way of approach, then I started probing the junior doctors like, enquiring about no. of cases they have to perform on that day. I was told that they have 3 surgeries for that day.

He was explaining that Dr. Madhu starts work at 6.00 am in the morning and ends @ 8.30 pm in the evening. He was really busy with the OP and asked the junior doctors to show the Operation theatre and then I found that the clinic is very well equipped with many technicians working under microscopes. I am quite convinced that he is adapting all the latest methods providing the top quality hair transplants. Even I was shown one post-op patient who was expressing his happiness for the growth. So, in my view if anybody visits his clinic, within no time one can understand that Dr. Madhu is providing top quality services.

achut, vishali, and gops,

While I know this community is highly visible and easily found, I have to admit, I find it unusual that a number of Dr. Madhu enthusiasts have joined specifically to post on this thread to offer their input. I truly hope the input we're hearing is sincere and not a covert marketing attempt. This is not only highly frowned upon, but a direct violation of our terms of service.

Thus, if any of you actually work for the clinic, you are required to disclose your affiliation with him in your forum signature.

gops, Pat Hennessey, publisher of our community will most likely be visiting clinics in the East sometime in 2010. Hopefully, he'll have a chance to visit with Dr. Madhu and observe him in live surgery to even further verify the quality work that we're seeing.

Best Regards,

Bill

Hello guys,

Thank you for visiting my albums and giving your opinions.

All the 8 albums I posted are of South Indians and generally they have thick coarse hair which is curly and have dark complexion. Because of which, even with one single session, the results are appearing good. So, fortunately I and my patients are lucky. I was practicing exclusive hair transplants for the past 4 yrs, till 6 months back I was practicing in a smaller center (Rajahmundry) and mostly I used to get the patients of that nature. I tried to find out through my available data to post a straight haired one but it is really becoming difficult to find them. But still I will continue my search.

Six months back I re-located to a larger center (Hyderabad), and launched my website recently. So, from now onwards, I may get North Indians and other ethnic races also. Earlier I never insisted my patients to come for follow-up for no reason. So, I could get only a few presentable post-operative pictures. But now I am standardizing the things and everything is in order so that in future I hope I can present the photographs of other ethnic races with different hair characteristics if they happen to come to me as a patient. Definitely as everybody knows, the straight haired, thin haired and fair complexion person gets lesser look when compared to our type of patients with same no. of F.U. s

I would like to present more pictures available with me but which also appear similar to the earlier photographs. One thing I would like to say here is that, am practicing 'Ultra refined follicular unit grafting' and i think my results are sufficiently good and the hairlines are also good giving natural look.

Regarding our response to the e-mails, as we are getting a lot of mails, we prefer to answer who want to reveal their identity and present their real concern like a clinical case along with the photographs as per the pro-forma in our website. So, we generally ask to post their concerns according to the pro-forma. So, while answering we can give a definite and better suggestion instead of posting so many questions in the mail. The pro-forma is simple and gives a better picture about the patient's concern and in the same website we also revealed our philosophy (which is non-commercial and more of educative in nature) to some extent.

Hello Dr. Madhu,

Glad to know that you have responded to Bill's email and sharing your pics. Just to let you know that Bill and his team are having a tough time getting a gud doc in India which would help us Indians. We all hope that that this forum finally gets one gud doc in India. However we also hope that your rates would be affordable after you get to the list.

Regards,

Sandip

I'm sorry but I can see through this smoke screen. I don't believe that the results coming from Dr madhu are honest. They are to dense & the pics are a bit fuzzy like trying to conceal the concealer.

And as Bill commented it is awfully suspicious how all of these guys are suddenly popping on here to praise Dr. Madhu's clinic.

I would hold off recommending Dr. Madhu based only on the pics he has presented & would wait for Pat to review this clinic IN PERSON!

Atomic,

I have sent an email to Dr. Madhu regarding our covert marketing policies and asked him about the above posters and whether or not they're affiliated with him.

Whereas I too have concerns (as per my above message), let's give Dr. Madhu some benefit of the doubt and await his response before throwing down the gavel.

Our prescreening process is quite thorough and it includes not only viewing examples of a doctor's work, but a detailed interview, feedback from members of this community (patients and doctors), and other investigations.

Thanks for your interest in protecting this patient community from any covert attempts at deception.

Bill

Guys,

I talked to Dr. Madhu and he assures me that none of the above posters (or others) are affiliated with him in any way. He believes one of the posters is a prospective patient of his who attended a conference he held and as a result, recently became an enthusiast of his work. He will however, double check with his staff to make sure nobody else is covertly marketing without his knowledge.

I've also confirmed that the IP addresses of the above posters don't match, although admittedly, they are somewhat close.

Thanks for keeping physicians accountable and held to high and ethical standards.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

achut, vishali, and gops,

While I know this community is highly visible and easily found, I have to admit, I find it unusual that a number of Dr. Madhu enthusiasts have joined specifically to post on this thread to offer their input. I truly hope the input we're hearing is sincere and not a covert marketing attempt. This is not only highly frowned upon, but a direct violation of our terms of service.

Thus, if any of you actually work for the clinic, you are required to disclose your affiliation with him in your forum signature.

gops, Pat Hennessey, publisher of our community will most likely be visiting clinics in the East sometime in 2010. Hopefully, he'll have a chance to visit with Dr. Madhu and observe him in live surgery to even further verify the quality work that we're seeing.

Best Regards,

Bill

Dear Mr.Bill,

As per the above comments made by you,I dont know about the other two guys but here are my details.

My name is achut and i am a software professional working in a reputed company based in Hyderabad. I suffering from hair loss from 2 years and desperately waiting for a good surgeon here in hyderabad.

As i was surfing through the web i found your forum and a little searching i found this thread about Dr.Madhu.

Since so many people including you praised the work done by him, based on the comments made to his work only i wanted to visit him personally.

I am not a covert but a patient egarly waiting for a solution for my hair loss. I dont have the neccessity to market any one or any thing.

Regarding my earlier post, beacuse of my own enthusiasm i wanted to share my experience at Mr. Madhu's Hospital.

If sharing my experience is a sin then i am sorry for posting.

Thanks & Regards,

achut.

Achut,

I don't want you to take my comment personally. It's just that we've seen clinics use covert marketing tactics in the past and want to be very cautious to ensure complete transparency, honestly, and openness in our community. I've spoken to Dr. Madhu, and he assured me that you (nor the others) are affiliated with him.

Thanks for the clarification.

Best wishes,

Bill

For clarification, the ABHRS is not a definitive list of excellent doctors. However, those that go through and complete the program which includes an extensive written test become what's called a "board certified diplomate".

There are a number of excellent physicians not ABHRS board certified. On the other hand, several physicians certified by the ABHRS would not meet our high standards for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network.

However, I do give kudos to those who go through the program since many who do are dedicated to continued ongoing education in hair restoration. On the other hand, many reputable physicians who aren't interested in going through the ABHRS program are just as dedicated to their field.

Best wishes,

Bill

• Administrators

Hi guys,

Just did a quick "Google" on "Dr Madhu Prasad" and one of the forum threads is way up there in the results. If you search for "Dr. Pathuri Madhu" there are also plenty in the top 10 from the forum.

This already means that many potential clients in India, who do a bit of research, on this doctor, will arrive at this forum (and topic) rather quickly.

Interestingly enough the next most popular source of visits to the HTN and other sites, first is the US, is from India, so there must be a lot of potential clients out there, looking for a good hair transplant surgeon.

Just a few comments that may defuse some of the doubters out there.

Hans

Webmaster

• 10 months later...

Dear Bill,

I am a new member to this site.And have gone through most of your comments and suggestions.I am really impressed in the way you reply to each and every quotes.

Bill,i just did a hair transplatation recently of 3860 grafts from bangalore (India).

I am also planning to do a second session after 8 months.So if you could recommend me some good doctors it will me much appreciable.I went some of your quotes on Dr.Madhu.

What i felt from his site is that he is good at HT and have made good results.I have a plan to do my second session from him.But before that i need your help.Please tell me your view on this.

Looking forward for your soonest reply.

Regards,

Arun

Arunpattara,

Welcome to our community. For starters, I recommend starting your own topic in order to ask your questions and share your experience. This will maximize the number of replies you get.

Congratjulations on your recent hair transplant procedure. I encourage you to share your personal hair transplant experience and document your progress with photos on our community.

In my opinion, Dr. Madhu is an excellent physician and performing high quality follicular unit hair transplants in India. If you are considering him for your second procedure, I encourage you to consult with him after your first hair transplant has a chance to fully mature, which takes about 12 months after the initial procedure.

Best wishes in getting the head of hair you deserve,

Bill