looking into HT number 2 with PICS---- Danny Skywalker

heya everyone,

so i am in need of a second procedure over the next year. my first HT was and still is awesome.

It was with Dr. Rahal, it was 2998 grafts and it was sept 07. I have spoken with Adrian and am going to give him time to look over the situation

as i was expecting, the hair behind it thinned more and i now require more grafts, aswell I wish to have some previous grafts removed just for safety sake. By removing I am refering to grafts on the side of my head temple area. realized the loss may be more substantial and need to be causious, I can deal with having daniel craig hair, but not joseph fritzel, lol, search their hair to know what im talking about.

anyway, attached are 2 pics, tell me what you guys think

DSC00943.thumb.JPG.496b6034b320576396182f68abb78425.JPG

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy

heya everyone,

so i am in need of a second procedure over the next year. my first HT was and still is awesome.

It was with Dr. Rahal, it was 2998 grafts and it was sept 07. I have spoken with Adrian and am going to give him time to look over the situation

as i was expecting, the hair behind it thinned more and i now require more grafts, aswell I wish to have some previous grafts removed just for safety sake. By removing I am refering to grafts on the side of my head temple area. realized the loss may be more substantial and need to be causious, I can deal with having daniel craig hair, but not joseph fritzel, lol, search their hair to know what im talking about.

anyway, attached are 2 pics, tell me what you guys think

Pretty damn happy

Hi Danny Skywalker,

I hope they figure out a plan for you. Your hairblog was the first one that really impressed me with the results and it made me take a couple of steps back when this post came up that 2 years later you were ready for another procedure already. In your pictures I can see clearly that your forelock behind the grafts has thinned.

Im curious, in your family how far have your male relatives balded? and what level of baldness did Dr. Rahal think you would achieve later in life?

Good luck.

shaved dethmonk,

oddly my family does not have hairloss, so i am not sure where it came from.

the only hairloss I found was my great uncle on my moms side.

dr. rahal was estimating NW3V-NW5.

at the point im at, I think ill be a 5-6.

but I do have really good donor hair, so Im not feeling short changed.

thanks.

Pretty damn happy

danny:

Are you taking propecia?

I am not sure another HT is right for now since your thinning seems agressive. Perhaps toppik can help in the meantime?

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Danny,

I'm sure in your history on the hair loss forums over the years, you've addressed this - but how old are you and are you using Propecia and/or Rogaine to help fight against future loss?

In looking at your photos, your hair still looks really good, just a little thin in the front half of your scalp after losing some additional natural hair.

Removal of previously transplanted grafts may not be necessary, but it's something you can consider for the future if your baldness progresses and you run out of grafts.

I'm sure by working with Dr. Rahal, you'll come up with a good short and long term strategy to continue to meet your hair restoration goals.

Keep us posted.

Bill

You look perfectly good as you are. In my opinon, your hair loss looks to me the type that will lose as much in the HT process as transplanted. Thus, wait till you lose more in the future...

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

I have to agree with HairHope, I would strongly suggest you wait a couple more years before you do anymore HT. By the way I think your hair looks great...I mean really great!!!

Just a thought from the peanut gallery....

thanks for the reply guys,

I am 24 and I am on proscar.

I do agree, I am trying to hold off as long as possible, to be honest I could live with what it is now if it just stopped there, but it wont.

Joe, you are right the pics are a little unrepresentable, one was with a flash and one was without, I have good lighting in my crapper.

aswell, there was gel in my hair at the moment, which I usually do not do, but i had part 3 of a massive beast of an interview process that day and had to look mildly cleaned up.

thanks again guys. as i said before, I wont use toppik, I dont like the idea of it and cant une minoxdill because it irritates the hell out of my scalp.

I am planning on waiting as long as possible, I am just planning so I can have this done before I need it in the middle of a career 1 year in, or so I dont have to drop an internship to deal with balding.

Pretty damn happy

Originally posted by HairHope:

You look perfectly good as you are. In my opinon, your hair loss looks to me the type that will lose as much in the HT process as transplanted. Thus, wait till you lose more in the future...

i agree.. i think your hair looks fine right now.. these are HARSH overhead pics with you going out of your way to highlight the "thin" area....i would wait as long as possible, like you have stated your plan is. and see how/if things progress... personally id be quite happy with this head of hair but i know how we can be our own worse critic and only focus on the imperfections...

im not gonna be repetative here and say "dont rush into another HT right now" to you danny i know youve been around... but... DONT RUSH INTO ANOTHER HT!!(oops)..... your hair looks good, i would bet you dont get balding comments(unless your pointing it out to people over and over) you look to have a strong crown and a natural look. your lucky.. stay on the drugs and be content for a little while.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Ditto what everyone is saying. Surgery #2 can wait. Your hair looks great. Hey, that rhymes.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

as I said, either way i have to wait, due to school and a job I have lined up, but I am just planning ahead.

it just sucks, I cant have it longer, I cant have it shorter, I sure cant put anything in it, lol.

attached it the area I am asking Dr. Rahal if it is possible to remove/ redistribute

IMG_0359_8_1.jpg.084f1d031c0b810b602457703e3fa55d.jpg

Pretty damn happy

Hey Danny,

like others have said i think you really need to just relax about your Hair for awhile. I remember following your posts on Hairlosshelp and you seem to really dwell on every aspect of your hair (which looks fine). So you were 22 on your first HT? Sheesh! I remember you had great hair BEFORE your Ht. Just take it easy man.

i didnt read dannys original post as well as i should have... it appears he IS planning on waiting a while before he does anything.. if/when he decides to go through with more work he will make an educated decision, im sure of it..

hey danny i know it aint perfect and i know you feel your options are limited... mine are too so i understand.. but you have ALOT more than alot of sufferers.. its hard to do sometimes but you just gotta try and look at what you DO have, which is a lot of hair still... i think you look great man.. for real... i appreciate you giving an update for us too... ive always been interested in your situation were the same age.... all the best man

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

I'm definitely agreeing with most here. You should definitely hold off for a while. Your hairs still looking very good IMO and the original HT came out very nice. I'll bet you're the only one noticing it too much. Most transplants on a patient with more advanced hair loss won't even look that full. I also know alot of people without any hairloss who could take a picture like that and see scalp. Hopefully you won't be chasing the dream of having the density you had when you were 17!

I do think that the initial HT was pretty aggressive but the top and crown of your head are still looking very strong and from your post it sound like you have family history on your side. I'd get on finasteride if you're not already just as a precaution.

I don't think that removing the transplanted hairs at the temples is really an option. To do this he would have to do FUE and I don't think removing these would help much. Especially since they were part of the hairline redesign from the original HT.

Good luck with your career as well!