Gorpy's before and after - Dr. Keene

Gorpy

Yes, but mostly they just glance at my hair while I'm talking to them.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is very nice work. I am sure you will be very happy for many years. A definate improvement.

That's not red either; Eleven days out. That's peach.

I have seen purple.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Wow Gorpy, that looks awesome. Your hairline has got to be one of the absolute best I have ever seen. Its shaped perfectly, has a completely natural density and softness, and just looks perfectly age appropriate for your facial structure. Very happy for ya!

I think i said it to you somewhere before but I will say it again...

Xlnt Hairline, Xlnt pictures, very natural!

Enjoy it Gorpy!

• 2 months later...

Well, it's time for a 2 year update. I've also redone my photo album to use smaller files that load faster.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Very very impressive. Love the unique hairline. Dr. Keene did an awesome job on the temporal angles and softness of the frontal hairline. Many of the top docs in my opinion don't vary the hairlines much and things start looking cookie cutter. This is an example of near perfection. Not bad for an old SOB. LOL I can only hope that soon I can flash my results and they can compete with yours. The bar has been set high.

Take care,

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Thanks NN,

I think your results will be equally impressive. Hang on through the doldrums, you'll see.

Gorp

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Gorpy,

Sounds strange, but I really analysed all of your photos and looked at Dr. Keenes website and photos and was trying to assess things with your HT and her artistry.

Firstly, I truly believe that she angled the frontal hairline grafts in more of a unique pattern than what might be typically done with other top physicians. I liked your close-up photos that detailed the angles placed. What this does for you is 2-fold.

1. It provides a more creative look than generally seen and adds a softness to the hairline.

2. It staggers the hairs in such a way that it increases the look of density or at least limits the see thru appearance. It's like looking thru a forest. If all the trees are standing straight up you can see thru it; whereas if some are leaning or falling, it is tougher to see as far thru. Simplistic way of looking at it but you get the idea.

I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Did you have a lot of input with what you were trying to achieve? Did you bring in a photo? Did you tell her how you hoped to style your hair?

2. The kicker for you seems to be the addition in the temporal areas with the second HT. Was that your idea or hers or a collaboration?

3. Because many of the frontal hairs are angled as such, does it limit your choice of hairstyle? Could you part on the right?

I realise that you had a post that showed what dramatic changes 1000 fu could make, but as I stated then, I think that your 1st HT hadn't fully matured. The extra 1000Fu did however make a great change, and if the growth timetable follows the 1st, you are only going to get better.

I know it is a little bizarre that I would spend the time to analyse things with your transformation, but since most here agree that your HT is among the best we've seen, I wanted to understand why it is. Ofcourse hair characteristics are a huge aspect as well and you do have good characteristics for a refined, soft look, but not necessarily density. Dr. Keene hit the mark on all levels.

I thank you for such a detailed history of your process as it really will help many of us to become more educated.

Take care buddy.

NN

P.S.--Wow. I didn't even realize it, but this became my 1000 post. Couldn't have picked a better topic than the Gorpster (a mathematical, mexican eating, tequila drinking, woman magnet, Jotronic stompin, pimp status individual like yourself. icon_smile.gif)

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Looks great Gorpy!!

AND you still have about 6 -7 more months of maturity!!!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

Gorpy,

Sounds strange, but I really analysed all of your photos and looked at Dr. Keenes website and photos and was trying to assess things with your HT and her artistry.

That's not strange NN.

Firstly, I truly believe that she angled the frontal hairline grafts in more of a unique pattern than what might be typically done with other top physicians. I liked your close-up photos that detailed the angles placed. What this does for you is 2-fold.

1. It provides a more creative look than generally seen and adds a softness to the hairline.

2. It staggers the hairs in such a way that it increases the look of density or at least limits the see thru appearance. It's like looking thru a forest. If all the trees are standing straight up you can see thru it; whereas if some are leaning or falling, it is tougher to see as far thru. Simplistic way of looking at it but you get the idea.

I agree NN. I think you are referring to the way they angle out towards the sides. You just don't see hairline angles like that from other docs. I have tried to emphasize in the past that this is what you can get when you have a doctor who 1) is an artist, 2) emphasizes naturalness and 3) spends a lot of extra time herself on the hairline.

1. Did you have a lot of input with what you were trying to achieve? Did you bring in a photo? Did you tell her how you hoped to style your hair?

Not really. I just had some general input in regards to thickening certain areas. If you noticed I am styling it differently now. I didn't plan on that, but now that I can, I like the way it looks.

2. The kicker for you seems to be the addition in the temporal areas with the second HT. Was that your idea or hers or a collaboration?

Actually I didn't expect that much to be put in the temporal areas. Since I had already had a procedure with her once and knew of her skill, I kind of left it up to her. Plus, I think that addition to the temporal areas was a result of the purposeful thickening of the areas directly behind that, which was the main target. As a result, she was able bring some additions more forward than I had expected.

3. Because many of the frontal hairs are angled as such, does it limit your choice of hairstyle? Could you part on the right?

Hmmm... good question. Yes, I think so, but I might have to wet it down to get it to stay that way. I play around with it sometimes and part it down the middle. That seems to work fine.

I realise that you had a post that showed what dramatic changes 1000 fu could make, but as I stated then, I think that your 1st HT hadn't fully matured. The extra 1000Fu did however make a great change, and if the growth timetable follows the 1st, you are only going to get better.

You could be right.

I know it is a little bizarre that I would spend the time to analyse things with your transformation, but since most here agree that your HT is among the best we've seen, I wanted to understand why it is. Ofcourse hair characteristics are a huge aspect as well and you do have good characteristics for a refined, soft look, but not necessarily density. Dr. Keene hit the mark on all levels.

I thank you for such a detailed history of your process as it really will help many of us to become more educated.

Take care buddy.

NN

P.S.--Wow. I didn't even realize it, but this became my 1000 post. Couldn't have picked a better topic than the Gorpster (a mathematical, mexican eating, tequila drinking, woman magnet, Jotronic stompin, pimp status individual like yourself. icon_smile.gif)

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

BTW - Congratulations on your 1000th post.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Originally posted by Gorpy:
Originally posted by NervousNelly:

Gorpy,

That's not strange NN.

I agree NN. I think you are referring to the way they angle out towards the sides. You just don't see hairline angles like that from other docs. I have tried to emphasize in the past that this is what you can get when you have a doctor who 1) is an artist, 2) emphasizes naturalness and 3) spends a lot of extra time herself on the hairline. I might add that she might have determined that this would work for me and maybe not for others. Each person is unique.

Not really. I just had some general input in regards to thickening certain areas. If you noticed I am styling it differently now. I didn't plan on that, but now that I can, I like the way it looks.

Actually I didn't expect that much to be put in the temporal areas. Since I had already had a procedure with her once and knew of her skill, I kind of left it up to her. Plus, I think that addition to the temporal areas was a result of the purposeful thickening of the areas directly behind that, which was the main target. As a result, she was able bring some additions more forward than I had expected.

Hmmm... good question. Yes, I think so, but I might have to wet it down to get it to stay that way. I play around with it sometimes and part it down the middle. That seems to work fine.

You could be right.

Take care buddy.

NN

A woman magnet...? yeah an OLD woman magnet icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

BTW - Congratulations on your 1000th post.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

My personal experience resembles this patient's case unbelievably. I had ht (2300) in 2006. My hair line, contour and density almost replicates this patient's to a T. I am scheduled to have more grafts to be placed this upcoming December 2007 by the same surgeon I previous used. I am very excited with this patient having a second procedure and with the results and increased density with which he obviously enjoys. I can only hope my second procedure renders similar results.