Gorpy's before and after - Dr. Keene

Gorpy

Originally posted by Gorpy:

I added a 22 day post op picture. Still a little redness, but fading. Donar area feels good. It's only really noticable if I run my fingers over it. I can run my comb over it without a problem. There's still a little sensitivity there. Some slight tightness is noticable if I raise my eyebrows.

It looks good! The remaining grafts blend in well with the rest of your hair making your hair look better and thicker than pre-op.

PB

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm... I know I look at my hair way to much. Call me crazy but I even have a magnifying glass by the mirror. Today I noticed some very little stubbs of hair in my hairline where it had shed about a week ago. I didn't see them before and now they are very obvious. Could it be that there is growth starting this early at 24 days? The only other thing I can think of is that they just kind of broke off at the base from washing or something.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

[Hey Gorpy,

I would doubt that you are having any growth that early...it's probably what you said....just that the hair fell off, but you can still see some of it...I had a couple of those myself. Yeah, I think I'm just as obsessive as you....now that I'm actually seeing some growth....I am looking in the mirror a lot more even....but with hope....seeing that I"m only 12 weeks yesterday, and there's some decent shadowing....I know I have a long way to go...and that's exciting. Just think....you'll start seeing some growth in about 2-3 months =)

Thanks Bill. You're probably right. That's just part of the shedding process.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Yes, some redness is still there. It is noticably fading so I expect it to go away at some point. If it were not fading, I would be worried.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible that transplanted hair can actually start growing at just 6 weeks? I know that sounds rediculous, but for a guy like me that really studies his hair (and I mean REALLY, like under magnification), I'm seeing something here. Probably 95% of the placed grafts have shed. I know what the remaining grafts look like. They are short, thick and dark like my original hair. They are very visible and easily distinguishable from everything else. Now I'm seeing some short, yet very thin hair popping up in various places. It's only visible under very close observation, but it's definitely hair, not just peach fuzz.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - a seven week update. I know you guys didn't believe me when I said I was seeing growth at just 6 weeks. Now that I am at 7 and a half weeks, I am defininitely seeing new growth. I just want to mention it here for my own records. I'm seeing quite a bit of new growth popping out. Just the early stages right now, maybe 1mm in length. Many of these new hairs are clearly visible with the naked eye near the (new) hairline. I can also feel a lot of stubble in the areas behind the hairline when I lightly run my fingers over it. Some of the hair that never shed (maybe 5%) is growing and is about a cm long now. The new hair that is appearing constitutes a small percentage of the area that was transplanted. I'm seeing maybe 10 new hairs in the hairline and many more behind it. Remember I had zero hair in the first cm of my new hairline so it's easy to spot. There is still a lot of sprouting to do, but early signs are encouraging. This is not visible in pictures so I won't post any until there is a visible difference.

I had my first post HT haircut a few days back. I told my barber that I had a transplant. He looked at my hair, pointed to my crown (where I had never lost hair) and said, "where here?", as he fluffed a chunk of my crown hair. I proceeded to point out that it was in the front half of my head.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

• 2 weeks later...

This latest picture was something I found interesting. The hair shown is a wild hair that was below my hairline and never receded like the rest of my hairline. So about a month after my transplant the hair had grown out a little and it had lost all pigmentation (You can see the clear area in the middle). This hair is about an inch long. Recently I noticed that it had regained its pigmentation. I wonder what caused this. Maybe it was the trauma of the transplant or the adjustment of my system to the new transplanted hair. Any ideas?

This is not really important. I just thought it was interesting. I have not seen this happen with any other hair.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Good luck Gorpy, i also noticed hairs coming in below my hairline (Very few) like trees that lasted the from the DHT hurricane from years past, their getting thicker, possibly Propecia, maybe they were always their and i never noticed because now im studying my hairline everyday (pitiful i know) but they do appear to be gaining strength along with all my existing hair i think its the Propecia--- Yeah im a responder haha

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. It has been 3 months and 3 weeks now. Man how time flies when your havin fun. Not really. It was the longest 3 months of my life :-). Anyway, I'm seeing bunches of new growth. Can't wait for it to fill in. There's still a lot of areas that need to sprout. I'm hoping this is pretty normal for this time frame.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Thanks PB. Yes, I can see a bunch of little hairs sprouting everywhere that are not really visible in pictures yet. You're right. I think I have actually passed the point of where I was pre-op. That's always exciting.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

• 1 month later...

I've just added my 5 month pics. I'm seeing some filling in. This is a VERY slow process guys. I hope you weren't expecting miracles by 5 months. I have many many small hairs that have not grown out yet. So I'm expecting some good cosmetic benefit in the months to come.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Looking good Gorpy. Actually I was just going to ask you for the update on your situation. Looks good so far. Give it couple of more months and you'll be done with the whole HT scenerio... (Unless you get greedy :-))

Thanks guys. I can see that "hair greed" could easily set it later on. Who knows. We'll have to wait and see.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Yep Bill, I have to agree. I am a bit of a slow grower. Hopefully there is much more to come.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album