I am 10 weeks post-op with my third HT, all from Bosley. My first two were around 1999-2001, combined total of 2,000 grafts. My current HT was for 1,920 grafts. All three HT procedures were with different doctors at Bosley's Beverly Hills facility. If I had read all the anti-Bosley comments on this site before my third HT, I might have looked to another doctor. However, I guess went back to Bosley bwcause I had no real problems and was reasonably satisfied with the results.

I am not sure why so many people are down on Bosley. In what specific areas is Bosley weak? My treatment at the facility was first class, they appear to use the most up to date procedures, and my doctor (Dr. Gossard) is an experienced surgeon who was formerly head of surgery at two hospitals. He has exclusively performed HT at Bosley for the last 8 years.

The only area where I can see a difference with other well rated doctors is perhaps in the area of artistry. I will just have to wait and see how this third HT procedure turns out. I remain hopeful, but I have to admit all these negative comments about Bosley have me a little worried.

Has anyone out there used Dr. Gossard at Bosley? Any comments about why some doctors are so much beter than others? Thanks.

I am 10 weeks post-op with my third HT, all from Bosley. My first two were around 1999-2001, combined total of 2,000 grafts. My current HT was for 1,920 grafts. All three HT procedures were with different doctors at Bosley's Beverly Hills facility. If I had read all the anti-Bosley comments on this site before my third HT, I might have looked to another doctor. However, I guess went back to Bosley bwcause I had no real problems and was reasonably satisfied with the results.

I am not sure why so many people are down on Bosley. In what specific areas is Bosley weak? My treatment at the facility was first class, they appear to use the most up to date procedures, and my doctor (Dr. Gossard) is an experienced surgeon who was formerly head of surgery at two hospitals. He has exclusively performed HT at Bosley for the last 8 years.

The only area where I can see a difference with other well rated doctors is perhaps in the area of artistry. I will just have to wait and see how this third HT procedure turns out. I remain hopeful, but I have to admit all these negative comments about Bosley have me a little worried.

Has anyone out there used Dr. Gossard at Bosley? Any comments about why some doctors are so much beter than others? Thanks.

I can STILL see a lot of the damn mini-grafts Bosley did for me, even after 3100 additional grafts from a good surgeon to attempt to camo them (1100 and 2000 grafts in 2 sessions nearly 10 years apart). This last 2000 graft cover-up procedure late last year *almost* buried them for good, but under the right conditions I can still see the little bastards. I don't think other people really notice them, it's just that my eyes are so trained in seeking them out. When you put 7-8 hairs in a singe graft, it just looks pluggy, period. That plus they put them in a bizarre stadium seating type pattern. Apparently it is going to take nearly a full canopy of hair like they do in Vancouver B.C. to cover the damn things once and for all. Maybe like Dewayne I can have the worst offending Bosley minis taken out. In summary, my entire HT plan is geared towards hiding the Bosley work. I guess that says it all.

it seems everyones problem with bosley is from the early yrs . noone is buying this bullshit. bosley is no different from any of these other doctors on this site. they all do the same procedures and get the same results. this site bashes bosley because bosley doesnt pay this site to promote them.

Originally posted by botchedinatl:

it seems everyones problem with bosley is from the early yrs . noone is buying this bullshit. bosley is no different from any of these other doctors on this site. they all do the same procedures and get the same results. this site bashes bosley because bosley doesnt pay this site to promote them.

Botched,not to be rude but you don't know what the hell your talking about.As you say their early years,patients now are venting their frustrations from recent procedures from bosley and mhr.They might as well install a turn-style door at Bosley or MHR with all the turn-over of doctors.

Its not about them not wanting to pay to be promoted on this site.It is because they dont do good enough work.Its possible if you did more homework you wouldn't be botchedinatlanta!!!

Dr Hasson 2-08

Originally posted by FenderPlayer:

botched: why dont you post pics of your procedure then if bosley is great

He's not going too,I've been on this forum for a couple years and every now and then you have somebody like this that just likes controversy and stirring the pot.

Dr Hasson 2-08

i have researced. why dont you guys that are so smart tell me what the docs that you like on this site do different than bosley? same type of procedures. they received their training and certification from the same place as the bosley docs.

Botched,

We've been down this road before. We've also been very tolerant of the fact that you keeping trying to discredit this community.

Doctors who are recommended here to pay a sponsorship fee, but they are recommended based on high standards we set for this community, not the sponsorship fee. We are like an elite educational institution like Harvord, or Princeton. All students have to pay tuition, but these universities only allow the smartest and brightest aspiriing students into their program with no exceptions, not just students willing to pay the tuition.

You are speaking from your own experience and you are not happy with your results. But many hair transplant patients, especially those who went to doctors recommended by our community are very satisfied, including me! You can see my photos and detailed hair restoration journey by clicking the links below.

Instead of attacking the community that tolerates your criticism and allows you the privilege of posting here, why don't you share your own story and photos with us so we can learn why we are so bitter about hair transplant surgery.

Best wishes,

Bill

im not trying to bash anyone . im just asking what is the difference between the docs on this site and bosley? they all perform the same type of procedures.

Originally posted by botchedinatl:

i have researced. why dont you guys that are so smart tell me what the docs that you like on this site do different than bosley? same type of procedures. they received their training and certification from the same place as the bosley docs.

Bosley or MHR[they are one in the same]Do not have your best interest at heart,pretty much just making money.

How come on this worldwide forum we almost never see patients who report satisfactory results from bosley?

Let me ask you this Botched-When you were checking with your bosley dr,Did the doc make it seem like you were buying a new car instead of a surgery?my guess is yes.

We have a MHR office close by in grandrapids,michigan and one of our local radio station Dj's had a procedure done and he was pretty excited about it.But seeing him now it looks like he has mini-grafts and he had the HT just last year and you dont here him talking about how happy he is with his Ht at all anymore.I think he may have figured it out now that he didn't get the latest refined work that is possible today.

An ethical Doctor really does have your best interest at heart and un-ethical ones[and there are alot of them out there]only want your money.

All docs in this industry are just not the same as you say,But at least the ones recommended on this forum are held accountable.

I'm sorry that you are not happy as I wasn't after my 1st HT,But that made me research and ultimately decide to go with someone very proven.

Thank goodness that there are awesome docs out there[that I found via this forum]who do the best work and are less exspensive.I get a stupid postcard about every other month from bosley and their special pricing[which is still twice as high as the best coalition docs]and I never had anything done with bosley and would not even if they paid me.

Dr Hasson 2-08

Jim; Good luck I hope they hit a home run with your results. Although Bosley has a bad reputations (they deserve it) it doesn't mean you are going to get a bad result.

botchedinatl:

im not trying to bash anyone . im just asking what is the difference between the docs on this site and bosley?

Really is that what you think? Bosley spends millions of dollars on advertising and are very successful. I guess in your case the ads are working.

I think this is a good site for you to be educated and understand that NO two doctors are the same. In fact the majority of the doctors in the hair field are very greedy and are in it for the money. I see many repair patients coming from europe that would not only disagree with you but would probaly think you were joking.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

botchedinatl,

im not trying to bash anyone . im just asking what is the difference between the docs on this site and bosley? they all perform the same type of procedures.

You are not trying to bash anyone? Then what's with this lie on another thread?

it seems to me that posters dissapear from this site because they are unhappy with their decision and when they make a post about it their posts are removed and they are banned. just my observation.

botchedinati,

If you are going to make this kind of accusation, I expect you to back it up with evidence.

We've been very tolerant of the fact that you do nothing but attempt to discredit this community because you claim to have had a bad hair transplant. Yet despite member's attempts to get you to post your photos so we can see why you are so bitter and HELP you, you do not.

We are very proud of the fact that only a select few members have been banned over the years and the only time threads are removed, is if they are unsubstantiated or another good reason. Patients are welcome to share genuine experiences here whether they are good or bad. There is plenty of evidence that we allow the good, the bad, and the ugly simply by using the "find" feature.

But how long should we allow you to continue to spread lies about our community?

Your view on hair transplants is understandable given that you claim to have had a bad experience. But instead of attacking a forum trying to help its members and guests, why don't you share your experience and photos so we can help you.

Bill

I appreciate all the input to my original post. While I hear all the negative talk about Bosley (I feel bad for everyone who had poor results), any thoughts as to what Bosley is doing wrong? Like I mentioned, my doctor for my most recent procedure at Bosley (Dr. Gossard) is an experienced surgeon, and has been doing these HT procedures exclusively at Bosley for 8 years. Bosley appears to use most up to date FUE procedures. I had two previos procedures with Bosley in the past with no problems.

The HT procedure does not seem terribly complicated for an experienced surgeon using the same methods as other doctors. What is it about Bosley that distinguishes them from other doctors?

From what I hear, it's not that everything Bosley does turns to crap. I've heard a few who were pleased with their results with Bosley. And I've also heard that there are a handful of respectable docs employed by Bosley. The problem is is that the chain has grown so large that is next to impossible to properly monitor every surgical procedure and every doctor employed. Individual surgeons have more at stake with their results, since the results reflect their own work which can either help or damage their reputation. Thus, these individual practices more likely put the time and effort needed to achieve desirable results. With Bosley or the big chains, you never know what you are going to get. All that said, you may still end up with a natural looking head of hair after a procedure with Bosley.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Additionally, Bosley puts loads and loads of money into advertising. This in itself is not a bad thing. However, most private clinics do not have the revenue to put up commercial after commercial on ESPN. So the best marketing for them is to produce consistent quality results. In other words, there's more at stake with each procedure for the private clinics.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

I also get post cards every few months from Bosley. Their "special rate," which is on every brochure sent to me is - "The first 800 grafts for $3,800" and that's before reading the fine print which explains that it's more expensive after the first 800 grafts. Thus knowing that most candidates that want this type of procedure will definitely need more than 800 grafts for satisfactory results, this pricing "special" is actually a rip off. To put things in perspctive, I went to a highly qualified coolition doctor, more than doubled the 800 graft "special" from Bosley, and also got a much better price, thus more grafts for my buck. I guess my point is that not only will you probably be more assured of having satisfactory results with a coolition doc, but you're also are more likely to get a better price for a quality procedure icon_smile.gif

Botchedinatl - all I can say is that while Bosley performs the same TYPE of procedure, they did not do it NEARLY as well, or even of a really comparable quality, to the doc who did the repairs (Parsley). Parsley, btw, is NOT a paying member of the coalition (although he is *recomended* by this site). My Bosley work WAS early (1994), and by Bosley standards it was not as bad as some on here they have mangled, which is scary, because it was pretty damn bad!

Stimpson,

Parsley, btw, is NOT a paying member of the coalition (although he is *recomended* by this site

In the interest of transparency and honesty, surgeons recommended by this community pay a sponsorship fee along with Coalition members.

But as I described above, these sponsorship fees are not the reasons we choose to recommend surgeons. In fact, I've personally turned down almost a dozen doctors who were interested in being recommended on our community because they did not meet our high standards, though they were certainly willing to pay the fee. But unlike others, our doctors do not pay "advertising" fees. They must prove to meet our standards.

Sponsorship fees paid to this community are described on our standards for recommendation page along with other important information.

Surgeons recommended by this community agree to operate in a transparent environment and must be open to genuine criticism by their physician peers and large patient community. Those who continue to do high quality work as a result will reap the benefits because they indisputably do good work and it shows in a transparent environment such as our forum. Those who no longer meet our standards are promptly removed from recommendation.

To see how we recommend surgeons, click here.

I hope this further explains how we recommend surgeons.

Best wishes,

Bill

im sorry for coming off so angry but the whole hairtransplant thing has been a nightmare for me and i wish everyday that i had never done it. bosley has ruined my life and at this point i dont know what to do. the whole thing just seems hopeless and i dont want to live the rest of my life like this. i called the bosley office and spoke with the doctor[doctor lorenz] and also spoke with the used car salesman that does the consultations and they both said they didnt really know what to do . they said the results i got were normal. so here i am 2700 grafts and $13,000 dollars later and my life is in shambles. i just wish i could have these things removed .i was much happier before

Botched,Besides your complaint of your scar and the itching,what else seems to be the problem?Do you think you got the whole 2700 you paid for or is there other issues,cause there are good docs that have done unbelievable repair work that you would swear could not be fixed.

Dr Hasson 2-08

Botched:

Dude, show us pics. There are knowledgeable people on this board, including top notch docs, that can put you in the right direction. Just look at some of the repair work photos, they are just incredible. People are here to help you. Take advantage of it.

I know EXACTLY how you feel man as I had horrible work by Nuhart.

When I was younger I was a wild hyper moefoe and depression never entered into me ,but extreme rage and bitterness did.

The thoughts I had in my head made Satan look like a choirboy

Believe me when I say that you will be ok.

No matter how bad it looks now ,you can be repaired .

If its a money issue then I understand but if not dont worry about ANYTHING else.

Your pain is why I can be such an ass to mediocre clinics .

I would rather be kicked off this forum then to give an ounce of credit to even average work.

Theres a doc on here that just posted results that were said to be typical, yeah ok typical which means average which means crap