WHO IS THE CHEAPEST AMONT COALITION DOCS

I believe I paid <10k for 3k and change w/ Feller -- not totally, sure, however I do remember thinkng his prices were "competitive", which I surmised as being a result of him not being *in* New York City itself.

Absolutely don't let price be a major consideration in your decision. In fact, the "top" docs do not actually charge absurd premiums for their services -- actually, many of the most wack clinics charge the most. Ironic, huh?

You get what you research. icon_wink.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Bllorayne

Don't even go down the "Cheapest "Route!!!

This is your body your talking about, not a second hand car!!!

You want the best surgeon for you!! totally irrespective of price or location. I flew half way round the world to Dr Feller for my h/t, and don't regret a single mile/cent of it.

Get in loads of consults, and if money is ever an issue, delay and save up!!

All the best.

Clive.

I found great value in several of the top docs, including Cooley; who did 2500 for $9k (actually we got 2750), and he also took about 50 old plugs out. This cost also included two nights at a hotel. That's a cash / certified check price.

Dr. Charles was $8500 for the 2500 if paying full in advance with cash / certified check. However, a trip to him would have required a plane ride.

And the others are only up to $1k more expensive

or so. So, I agree with the others. My first transplant cost $3,000 in '91 and I tried to hide it for the past 15 years.

If you are equal in your choices, then consider price, distance, etc.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dont look for cost as a decision. Look at quality of surgeon. Then if you have a group like 5 you narrowed down, then consider cost as last option. Also, many surgeons, like Shapiro will give discounts if you take a last minute (cancelation) appointment. Or if you need a couple of sessions for your desired result, then if you book both sessions (like 9 months apart) at the same time-- a discount is given.

wanthairs,

Last I heard, Hasson and Wong charged $5 per graft up to 2000 and then $3 per graft thereafter.

Perhaps Joe will confirm.

bilorayne,

All the Coalition physicians do first-rate work. Selecting from an elite group requires research and personal selection based on your needs and who fits you best. Cost should be the last factor in my opinion.

Best wishes,

Bill

Our fee is 5.00 per graft up to 2000 then 3.00 for each graft over 2000 grafts. If you're flying in from outside of the area (as are about 3/4 of our patients) then we will deduct up to 400.00 from your bill to help with the air fare and we will pay for two nights stay at the Granville Island Hotel while you are here.

http://granvilleislandhotel.com/

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

bllorayne,

As you might know prices range from 4 to 10/graft and this is something that you need to negotiate with your surgeon. Depending on number of grafts, availability, etc. you might get some discounts.

Personally I got my HT done with Dr Parsa Mohebi around 10 days ago (check my pictures) and he's done a amazing job on me. I know that for a while he had a special discount for new patients. Call his clinic to get further information.

BTW, I will be updating my pictures by Monday so you can see the great quality of his work 10 days after my HT.

BUT Remember "You get what you pay for" and when it comes to your HT, don't play the cheap guy. Choose a talented surgeon who performs excellence because you don't want to mess with your limited hair.

Bruce

bllorayne,

As you might know prices range from 4 to 10/graft and this is something that you need to negotiate with your surgeon. Depending on number of grafts, availability, etc. you might get some discounts.

Personally I got my HT done with Dr Parsa Mohebi around 10 days ago (Check my HT) and he's done a amazing job on me. I know that for a while he had a special discount for new patients. Call his clinic to get further information.

BUT Remember "You get what you pay for" and when it comes to your HT, don't play the cheap guy. Choose a talented surgeon who performs excellence because you don't want to mess with your limited hair.

BTW, I will be updating my pictures by Monday so you can see the great quality of his work 10 days after my HT.

Bruce