Recommended Surgeons

Corkie

I am looking for suggestions for a reputable HT surgeon. Primarily I wish to undertake some repair work to remove two rows of donor scars from previous plug surgery. From reading the forum, there is a lot of expertise in North America. However, one major draw back I have is that I am not a good flyer. I've heard some good reports about some docs in Belgium. Is there anyone worth considering within Europe?

I am looking for suggestions for a reputable HT surgeon. Primarily I wish to undertake some repair work to remove two rows of donor scars from previous plug surgery. From reading the forum, there is a lot of expertise in North America. However, one major draw back I have is that I am not a good flyer. I've heard some good reports about some docs in Belgium. Is there anyone worth considering within Europe?

Welcome Corky,

As a "repair" patient myself, I can certainly relate to you situation. Have you tried the "Find a Surgeon" feature above. My advice would be to study those writeups / evaluations that the site publishers have created, and pick a couple of favorites and then start asking questions on the forum about those you like.

My doctor took a whole row from my hairline and a couple of rows from my crown about 7 weeks ago. It's completely healed and unnoticeable now.

Good luck and keep researching and asking questions.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Whoops, looks like that link is down. They'll get it up soon.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

hi corkie,there are a few good surgeons from europe recommended on here.you have a couple in belgium and one in the uk who i went with(farjo).

all should be able to help you with your needs.

here is a link to pats(the owner of the site)visit to europe last year.

good luck.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152861

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Dear forum members,

The "find a surgeon" link should appear above but the we are looking into a technical problem with the host which is preventing our surgeons and images from displaying on the site. This is also effecting the blogs.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Bill

Dr. DeVroye and Dr. Bisanga have been turning out nice work.

I would recommend starting there...you will get solid information from both clinics and it will help you should you visit other clinics.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi Corkie,

I am a 25 year old European and ultimatly choose to go with Dr. Rahal in Canada.

So I flew from Lisbon to Paris and Paris to Montreal, plus a train to Ottawa to get my procedure done.

I am telling it is worth it because if you go with a Top HT doctor you get TOP results.

Try getting estimates and prices from: Dr Rahal, Dr Feller, Hasson and Wong and Dr Ron Shapiro then decide which one to go to.

There are a few other Docs also very reputable but when I did my research I narrowed it down to these and went with Dr. Rahal cause of the amazing hairlines we see on his patient photos.

Cheers.

i know yall probably get tired of my negitivity but just wondering why you promote hair transplants when alot of the topics on here are about repair work on transplants? it seems that once we get suckered into getting the transplants we have to worry with it the rest of our lives..

corkie

i too am looking at all my options and when looking on here there is an abundance of people who go to the states and canada.

Have you found any one in europe who you like.

FYI Dr. Charles does ALOT of repair work due to there being several transplant docs in our area that for some reason just seem not to care about the patients. I have seen him repair some scary stuff with amazing results...I'm not pushing him only as there are other docs that are great as well, just giving you some guidance on where to look.

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

For sure....I will have Dr. Charles post some more photos this week....do a search on the forum and you should find several photos and blogs. Your absolutely right about Florida being good for a Holiday, that is if you like warm weather, sunshine and beautiful women icon_wink.gif

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

Portugal,

I can certainly understand why your physician recommendation list is short given their excellent credentials and consistent positive online results.

However, there are many other gems performing state of the art work that haven't used the internet as much to promote their services. Lack of online visibility doesn't necessarily equate to a lack of physician ability.

Though we are working hard to encourage our physicians to get more involved so they can further prove to the world they are in an elite group, Pat Hennessey travels across the world viewing these surgeons in action. Highlights from his visits can be found in "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics.

Traveling great distances to meet with the surgeon of your choice is certainly understandable - I even did it myself. But there are a number of quality physicians who often fail to be recognized because they aren't as visible as some of the bigger names we see online on a regular basis.

Best wishes,

Bill