hairmax lasercomb

can anyone please advise me if using the laser comb will help.i had my 2nd procedure 2 weeks ago 1684 strip procedure all to front.i just want to make sure before i start.thanks.iam new to this forum

can anyone please advise me if using the laser comb will help.i had my 2nd procedure 2 weeks ago 1684 strip procedure all to front.i just want to make sure before i start.thanks.iam new to this forum

A few support, most dont. Whilst it can do no harm to your hair, the laser light in the comb is not intense enough to penetrate the skin and reach the base of the follicle where it would be necessary.

Conduct a search on this forum under laser and Dr Feller. He fronts a very informative arguement, explanation with pics regarding the ineffectiveness of the laser comb!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

There is no proper science backing up the lasercomb, i've read the study that was done on it, and there's a reason they don't refer back to it. Poor results.

IMO - You are better off with copper peptides. There are two of these products that I recommend, and that have scientific research backing them up with improved results. Graftcyte, or a cheaper option is Tricomin.

To find out more about the healing properties of copper peptides see www.skinbiology.com.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Petchski, I see you reference SkinBiology, yet you prefer other products. Any comments on your preference? I have been using the SkinBiology products for about 2 months and I also have a LaserMax 50 modded out to 90 diodes that I have used about 2 months. I have not had a transplant yet and I probably need about 3000 to give me a real good start. A big portion of my routine is a recommendation from Dr. Limmer, although I have not yet settled on a doctor.

My routine:

SkinBiology "Hair Signals" daily.

LaserMax 3 x week for 20 min.

Nizoral Shampoo 3 x week

Biotin 3mg daily

Rogaine Foam 2 X daily

MSM 3g daily

Finastride 1.25mg every other day

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

spin266, you can try the laser on just one side of your head. If you see or feel no improvement you can stop using it. If you see or feel improvement start doing both sides.

The same technique works on topicals.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My HT Blog

The only proven products for hair growth/regrowth are fin and rogaine. anything else is waste (and i am even doubtful of the long-term effectiveness of the aforementioned products).

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by Dazed:

Petchski, I see you reference SkinBiology, yet you prefer other products. Any comments on your preference? I have been using the SkinBiology products for about 2 months and I also have a LaserMax 50 modded out to 90 diodes that I have used about 2 months. I have not had a transplant yet and I probably need about 3000 to give me a real good start. A big portion of my routine is a recommendation from Dr. Limmer, although I have not yet settled on a doctor.

My routine:

SkinBiology "Hair Signals" daily.

LaserMax 3 x week for 20 min.

Nizoral Shampoo 3 x week

Biotin 3mg daily

Rogaine Foam 2 X daily

MSM 3g daily

Finastride 1.25mg every other day

Hi Dazed,

I currently use folligen and hair signals, which I mix 5 drops with my minox. Tricomin and graftcyte are the only copper peptides with scientific data backing them up, the peptide they use is different in folligen and hair signals as the patent is owned by a different company, despite being found by Dr Pickert, who owns skinbiology.com.

That said, the folligen and hair signals have many more peptides in than graftcyte/tricomin, only they have not been scientifically tested, probably because of cost, as Dr Pickert was working for a company when tricomin/graftcyte was tested.

I've found testimonials on-line of people using folligen post op and reporting positive experiences with it, so i'm sure it's just as good as graftcyte, or possibly better....hair signals is really quite new, so not found many customer experiences with that product as yet.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Guest Brad Limmer, MD

This is a tough subject as there are so many suggestions about what might grow hair (many of which have minimal data supporting them). Also, all are hoping for a magical tonic/pill/device that actually works. What I can say without any doubt is that minoxidil, finasteride/dutasteride and biotin do help those with hairloss/miniaturizing hair. Now how much they help varies from case to case and to give them an adequate trial you need to be on them for the better part of a year. I suggest taking detailed photos every 3 months to track/measure your progress. Also, combination therapy works better than monotherapy. So if you want to judge effectiveness, you better plan on using more than one product and be consistent with their use for at least a year. Finally, if you like the results then you must stay committed to the medications. It's much like brushing your teeth??¦something you have to do everyday. icon_biggrin.gif

Lasercomb doesnt work , I paid ??300 quid for one and threw it in the bin 6 months later , I then fished it out and use it to brush my dog ! may as well get something for my money !

ej

Guest Brad Limmer, MD

Bill:

If you know anything about me by now, it's that I am conservative. So when I listed the things I've seen work, it's because of good medical science or personal experience that I have garnered from my 15 years of dermatology. I appreciate and understand your question/feedback and I will elaborate on what I have personally experienced in my own practice.

One thing I hope all who read this realize is that the only two products out there that have undergone extensive double-blinded placebo-controlled studies and garnered FDA approval for hair loss are minoxidil and finasteride. Dutasteride, while not FDA approved specifically for hair loss, has undergone phase 1 and 2 trials for treating hair loss and doubt anyone would argue against its effectiveness. Everything else has limited data or experimental data that is often questionable.

While some other things might help to a small degree, the problem is there is not great science backing them up. It would be great if everything touted to help with hair loss had multicenter double-blinded crossover/placebo-controlled trials to base their claims on. But this will never happen because of the cost and time that it would entail. So some things will always rely on limited data and clinical observation/trials.

So 15 years of dealing with hair loss, the combination I've used over and over with varying levels of success is minoxidil and finasteride (or occasionally dutasteride). Most patients hold their own or improve moderately. Some lose ground while a few have phenomenal response.

What else do I see over and over?

If they don't use these medications they almost all continue to lose ground!

Now getting back to the biotin question??¦

Basically, it has been the only other thing I've personally seen help. It is a water-soluble B vitamin that is not stored in the body. In short, your kidneys are always filtering it out. You are also building keratin, the basic component of your skin/hair/nails and biotin is one of the basic building blocks of keratin. So, adequate supplies all the time are important.

As I observed these patients on mioxidil and finasteride plateau over the years, many of them have tried adding other products/modalities to their regiment. The only one I have seen some additional gain from is biotin. Realize though, I've also seen and had patients report no additional benefit. Now some patients feel other products have helped, but they only thing I can personally vouch for in my clinical experience to have helped on a routine basis is 2-3+mg of pharmaceutical grade biotin.

Who have a majority of these patients been?

Those with a considerable amount of fine/indeterminate hairs remaining... So I feel what you are seeing is an increase in hair mass NOT hair numbers. This is not a miracle drug and if anything, a distant third thing I recommend. But again, I've seen it help. One other thing that many report is that they have to cut their hair and nails more often. Also, their nails are frequently stronger. A hair weight/mass study would be ideal.

I realize that technically these people may not be deficient. But most of us are not deficient in protein, yet we build and repair muscle faster when we add protein (ie: protein shakes) to our diet. Many of us are not technically deficient in calcium, yet many need additional calcium to maintain our bones (minimize osteoporosis). So having above adequate intake of biotin, in my opinion, can be viewed similar to protein/calcium needs. As noted keratin production is a 24/7 process, having more than just adequate levels appears to help in some cases.

So while I wish I could produce a multicenter double-blinded crossover/placebo-controlled study, I can't. But I can say it is one thing I've seen, in what seems to be an ever increasing number of products, help some of my patients. It is also something we know is important in hair production, something that is safe to take and relatively inexpensive to try/add to your regime. Many things out there are expensive, biotin is not. A 4-6 months trial of 2-3 mg/day (2000-3000mcg/day) will give you the opportunity to judge for yourself. Also, I'll look deeper into the Dermatology literature and see what other info on biotin is available.

Bill, I do appreciate you keeping the forum focused/accurate and hope my response was not too long. I also appreciate the forum spreading information and helping people not get taken in by slick product marketing. People suffering from hair loss will often pay/try anything that promises results. My hope is that those reading this don't take/use anything that could harm them or cost significant sums of money and don't work.

Brad Limmer, MD/jac

Jessica --

Thank you for that helpful post. Do you have any opinions on silica (more specifically the product biosil) helping with hair texture and quality? I've heard some good anecdotal things similar to what you said about biotin.

I bought one and found it a waste of time!!

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) Sept 1996

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com'>https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) February 1998

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

2475 grafts FUT Dr Mohammed Humayun Mohmand (Pakistan)

27th January 2009

http://www.hti.com.pk

3550 Total Grafts (3000 rear donor area & 400 from beard and 150 breast area) FUE & PRP Treatment with Dr Emrah Cinik (ISHRS), Istanbul, Turkey. 10th October 2017

http://www.emrahcinik.com/

My Blog & Hair loss website story:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1123

SCAM SCAM SCAM

not necessarily!

to be honest i never used it myself but this is what i think about this whole laser thing:

i really think that it works for some folks better than for others, just like any other hairloss remedy (nizoral, minox, fin....).

plus if you use it and you think it's doing something good for you (even if in actuality it does nothing), remember that mind is a very powerful thing and the placebo effect might just give you that extra edge to make the dam thing work for you in some real positive way.

this last statement might sound funny for some of you here but as i said it's just what i think and my opinion about the laser.

if i ever come across it, and it's on some special, while i'm walking through a mall or something like that and i have the time to look at it and money to pay for it, yeah sure i'll give it a try.

but half a grand.... i'll pass for now.

The original poster already has a lasermax, so the scam issue is not a factor for him.

I assume he wants to know if it can do any damage or help. The power output is so low that it can't really damage anything. For the results, hard to say, that's why I suggested only using it on one side of his head. If that side ends up with more hair then it's a success.

If you try that spin266, make sure you take lots of photos to document the progress.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My HT Blog

Guest Brad Limmer, MD

Caesar08

I have no personal or patient experience with this medication. I do know there was an article published in 2005 (Archives of Dermatological Research) that studied 48 women with fine hair. After 9 months of study they concluded that it helped the hair gain strength, elasticity and mass. Other than this, I know of no other data to support its claim.

Brad Limmer, MD/jac

Dr. Limmer,

Thanks for posting such a detailed and interesting response regarding Biotin. Trust me when I say that I'm not opposed to considering alternative treatments to Propecia and Rogaine. After all, observational evidence is certainly valid and usually how and why scientific clinical studies are performed in the first place.

That said, I'm always reluctant to recommend any treatments that aren't proven simply because the evidence that supports it is anecdotal or non-existant. It might be interesting if you had the time and conducted your own double blind study on it which may or may not confirm with more certainty what you've seen thus far.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to this topic.

Bill