I feel stinging in my receiptiant area 3 month post op. Need advice

I feel alot of stinging going on where the trasnplanted hairs were planted. This mostly happens when i wear a hat and i wear a hat everyday at work and school for at least 6hrs I understand that wearing a hat cant effect the hairs, espcially 3 months after, but my question is "Is this stinging feeling normal at this stage?"

I feel alot of stinging going on where the trasnplanted hairs were planted. This mostly happens when i wear a hat and i wear a hat everyday at work and school for at least 6hrs I understand that wearing a hat cant effect the hairs, espcially 3 months after, but my question is "Is this stinging feeling normal at this stage?"

Its not so much tingling actually. What i mean is, it feels like the needles punching through the scalp. Its not extremely painful, but there is a bit a pain. No blood however. Is it possible that the grafts could be dying at this point?

I am 10 weeks post-op and feel the same tingling/stinging from time to time. I attribute it to the grafts "waking up" and starting to grow. I have noticed some new hairs starting to poke through. I doubt that there is anything to worry about.

I'm 2 months post-op and my recipient area is still a bit numb. Oddly enough, my donor area feels pretty darn good. I hear that damaged nerves can take awhile to heal... even up to 6 months.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Most likely it is a sign that your nerve endings are healing and re-growing back. Usually this doesnt happen--at least to me for a year.

SMOOTHY

Dr.Shapiro

Propeica/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Zinc/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3 oz daily