The Best Hair Loss Concealers

T3344

Hi,

I am brand new to this site, however, not new with dealing with hair loss. I have - like most of us- a very long, sometimes extremely painful history with this topic. However, this post I am wondering if any one of the readers can share the best hair concealer they use or have used.

I am currently using a product called Derm Match. Although it is very, very helpful and can make a significant difference in the appearance of my hair it does have a couple of draw backs. One, is that it ends up on my pillows and at times clothing. I have used it for about 7 or 8 years and would like to know if anyone has found anything better!

My hair loss pattern: I have had a hair transplant so I need to do a good job in the front of covering so the transplants are not detectable and I also have scaring in the back of my head.Overall, I would need a product that is designed for moderate to severe hair loss. As stated, the derm match helps and currently i am trying to stayed focus on products because i am not in a situation to be able to have any more surgery at this time for many reasons.

I can share more later about my situation but right now am trying to see if any of u folks have any insight on their best hair concealer.Any questions, so u can potentially recommend something please ask.

Thanks you

Dermatch is the best.

All conccealers will run a little on your pillow. Try brushing your hair well after you apply it then apply some hairspray. That should help a bit.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I've tried the big 3! Dermatch, toppik, and nanogen and would have to say it depends on how long your hair is. Dermatch for short hair though it looks a little chalky and Nanogen for longer hair. The only thing I find wrong with nanogen is that it doesnt bond well to short hair. Toppik is also a little chalky.

• 2 weeks later...

I use of combo of dermmatch and toppik. It works like a charm. However, like others have already noted, it can appear very chalky at times and certain lights. I always wash them out at night before I go to bed, so I don't have the pillow problem. Concealers don't look great but there are better than the alternative.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 2 weeks later...

I have basically become a toppik whore

I use dermatch on my donor area (buzzed down to a #3) to conceal my scar.

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

I also want to mention I have a couple of scars. Does one of the 3 work better for scars?

Davis

Thanks for the feed back on your HT was the only average response due to how many graphs you had done or due to all the graphs did not take?

Thanks

t3344

I use dermatch to conceal the scars.

I use the hair fiber stuff ie toppik for the thinning parts of my hair.

Hope that helps

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Abby:

Use the new improved water proof mascara, it really thickens the hair trust me and stays on for days.

Abby, sounds interesting - what brand and do you do the hair only or the scalp also?

Thanks!

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Originally posted by HairHope:
Originally posted by Abby:

Use the new improved water proof mascara, it really thickens the hair trust me and stays on for days.

Abby, sounds interesting - what brand and do you do the hair only or the scalp also?

Max factor mascara x7 or x12 black . Just use the mascara brush, and brush it on to the hair. Its water proof smudge proof and gives the illusion of very thick hair and thats no bull.

I simply brush it on to the hair not the scalp, then I simply comb it back with a damp comb, does the trick for me. I sometimes sprinkle a very small amount of Nanogen to give it a real lush look.

After my 2nd H/T grows out and hopefully everything works out well , I am pretty sure ill keep using it even after.

my most recent pics will be uplaoded very shortly, so you will get to see what I mean. Hoping to do this by next week, so watch this space.

My women told me they are also doing a mascara by Loreal x14 that is real thick and again water proof. the other good thing is it lasts for at least 3-4 days and does not cover your bed pillow at night.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of questions

1- Abbey, isnt that the stuff women use on eye lashes and if so would not that tiny brush u use take forever if ur hair is really thin or am i missing something?

2- out of the so called big three which would be the least chalkey and my hair is short? I currently use dermatch and while it works it has many draw backs

Thanks

Abbey,

This is going to sound funny, but I had a friend of mine tell about womens mascara for mens hair almost 20 years ago when I was in europe-never took him serious, thought he was joking. Which Max faxtor brand is it. Come to think of it now, his hair always looked good.

Thanks,

Originally posted by jkp33:

Couple of questions

1- Abbey, isnt that the stuff women use on eye lashes and if so would not that tiny brush u use take forever if ur hair is really thin or am i missing something?

2- out of the so called big three which would be the least chalkey and my hair is short? I currently use dermatch and while it works it has many draw backs

Thanks

The brush isnt exactly small, It takes about 2/3mins to apply, you simply start at the root to the tip. I usually start at the front and work in rows. After its application I usually apply a damp comb to the hair and comb it back before it drys causing hair to stick to one another.It lasts 3/4 days and dosent rub off on clothes or pillow at night and doesnt colour the scalp and isnt chalky. sometime I also apply a a very small amount of Nanogen , just a sprinkle and that really really gives it a good final touch

When using the product you dont have to use all of the contents 3-4 dips are more than enough.

When you apply it again the following day , which is much less than which you started with, it gives hair more body.

My women told me there is a newer version mascara maxfactor/Loreal ???? x14.

I think Ill upload a pic to give you an idea.

I would also like to say I am not an agent for these products, its something that sprung to my mind once watching a TV advert (Eureka!!!) It works for me and I dont see why it can not work on short hair.