Finasteride working in the front.... Yes, it's true

Zod

Ok, probably not everyone will experience these results but here goes:

I got a transplant done from Dr Reed in San Diego back in the Summer of 06' and have seen impressive results. Beyond the surgery, I've been taking finasteride religiously for just under a year now. I considered another hair transplant session and went to see him 4 months ago for an assesment. He admitted that I was a good responder to Finasteride and could see hair regrowth where he didn't transplant it. That was with about 6 months on the program.

I took his advice and postponed getting another session till I see what more could come from the Finasteride treatment.

So now it's February and I've noticed some more growth in the frontal area appearing. It's literally in front of where he plotted out one of the temple angles during my transplant and has progressed for a few months. It could thicken up more in a few months for all I know? I didn't expect any miracles from the medicine but apparantly it's working more than I bargained for. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ok, probably not everyone will experience these results but here goes:

I got a transplant done from Dr Reed in San Diego back in the Summer of 06' and have seen impressive results. Beyond the surgery, I've been taking finasteride religiously for just under a year now. I considered another hair transplant session and went to see him 4 months ago for an assesment. He admitted that I was a good responder to Finasteride and could see hair regrowth where he didn't transplant it. That was with about 6 months on the program.

I took his advice and postponed getting another session till I see what more could come from the Finasteride treatment.

So now it's February and I've noticed some more growth in the frontal area appearing. It's literally in front of where he plotted out one of the temple angles during my transplant and has progressed for a few months. It could thicken up more in a few months for all I know? I didn't expect any miracles from the medicine but apparantly it's working more than I bargained for. Has anyone else experienced this?

I was also using the Rogaine foam but discontinued it's use because I noticed it having an adverse effect and some shedding, not to mention itchiness. The Proscar seems to be doing wonders by itself because when I stopped the Rogaine, my hair thickened up. I don't know if the regular Rogaine/Minox will have a different effect but I'm actually afraid to touch the stuff now.

I was told that Finasteride continues to thicken up the hair up to two years and then beyong that it's maintanance. So far I'm just under one year and continue to see growth. I'm considering postponing my second transplant just because I think more growth could come from the medicine use.

Originally posted by Zod:

I was also using the Rogaine foam but discontinued it's use because I noticed it having an adverse effect and some shedding, not to mention itchiness.

when you say "some shedding," you are aware that when you first begin using rogaine you will experience shedding IF the medication is working on you.

Shedding is a sign that the medication is working and your hair is making room for more hair.

how long did you use it for?

also could you elaborate on HOW much growth your seeing from the fin?

Any side effects?

Regrowth in the front? Wow, thats amazing. I honestly have not heard of this happening before. I hope that you start taking pictures now of your present state to compare to your end state. And please share your results

Glad to hear your getting positive effects from Finasteride to hold off your second procedure. I've also seen continued growth up to 2 years. The studies I've seen have been with Propecia and Rogaine Foam, but if just Propecia is doing the job - that's great. It would be a tremendous help to others if you can document your experience with your ht surgery and with Propecia. Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

HT55 or Janna: would either of you make it possible for us to have a link to the post/thread you are referring to regarding the propecia/rogaine combo?

just copy past the link to any reply directly here on this thread so that all of us can follow.

much thanks in advance.

aH